Autopsy Jack Redden Requests Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

i really don't like hearing that when Rocky spoke with Redden that Jack's main grievance was with certain things within the club. Have we not fixed these issues yet? We really need to sort out our facilities. I assume this is a major negative. Can't expect players to stay or get better if we don't improve the training grounds/ gymnasium/ rehab etc.

I really thought Barrett was talking a lot of crap and still think most of it was but seems their are still are issues that we haven't sorted. I hope we are waiting for the season to finish before announcing that the Lambert's are returning. If we don't get them it's another blow.

As Rocky stated once one players requests to leave you fear it opens the flood gates.

The thing is, (and I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record here) the Bulldogs didn't lose 19 and 24 year olds. Perhaps this is a little pessimistic of me, but I can't help but wonder if we're all just looking for glimmers of hope in a situation devoid of them. I do see some direction in where the club is trying to take the list. Unfortunately, it just looks like a rebuild on a rebuild. Permanent revolution didn't work so well, and I doubt permanent rebuild would either. Perhaps this time it will be different, the club has a plan. But we probably said that last time too.
I personally would have moved guys like Easton wood, Johanison (sp?) long etc on based on their earlier contributions and they've all turned into bloody good players. Very similar types to Golby for example who have shown very little, turn over the ball constantly etc. glad we're persevering with Harwood as he's in a similar boat. The dogs backed in their development with a bunch of later picks as well as the obvious high grade talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We really need to sort out our facilities. I assume this is a major negative. Can't expect players to stay or get better if we don't improve the training grounds/ gymnasium/ rehab etc.

The problem is WCE have some of the worst training facilities in the league as well and look at how they're going. Its all part of the problem but I'm not sure how high on the list training facilities are as a contributing factor for what we're seeing at the lions currently.

If Eagles are the front runner a deal could probably get done. They'll have their first rounder somewhere between pick 14 and pick 18 and an end of first round compensation pick around pick 21-22. You'd say the club would accept one of those. Definitely the first pick.

This will then factor in the academy bidding and as a result we'll get Hipwood and Keays and probably have an extra pick in the late 20s to use in the draft.

If Eagles are the front runner a deal could probably get done. They'll have their first rounder somewhere between pick 14 and pick 18 and an end of first round compensation pick around pick 21-22. You'd say the club would accept one of those. Definitely the first pick.

This will then factor in the academy bidding and as a result we'll get Hipwood and Keays and probably have an extra pick in the late 20s to use in the draft.
What is their compensation pick for?

any player from west coast worth trying to get in a swap ? Would we consider 2016 first round pick in the hope that next year they finish lower and also not to load up so much in 1 draft?
McInnes and their 2nd round pick

any player from west coast worth trying to get in a swap ? Would we consider 2016 first round pick in the hope that next year they finish lower and also not to load up so much in 1 draft?

McInness, Sinclair, Lycett, etc. and the ones that would be untouchable like McGovern and Darling. There would be a few but getting them to agree to join our club is an issue. Especially if we want to avoid overpaying our players.

Just Interested.

Could the Lions change their mind and give Adcock a contact extension.
Because without Redden & Aish, they might want to hold onto him?

Could Redden be involved in a trade including Suckling?
maybe something like:
Suckling, 2015 1st rounder & 2016 second rounder for Redden & Aish.
Maybe some steakknives to even it up a bit?
Is that a fair trade?

Just Interested.

maybe something like:
Is that a fair trade?

If you translate that into pick numbers it's potentially something like pick 18, pick 40 and Suckling (who we'd be reluctant to give much for given our PSD position) for Aish and Redden. So no, it isn't a fair trade.

Just Interested.

maybe something like:
Is that a fair trade?
We don't have to trade for Suckling.

We can get him in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have to trade for Suckling.

We can get him in the PSD.

You have to wonder why Suckling would want to join us. Is an extra $100K/year and an extra year on his next contract really worth leaving Hawthorn for us?

I'm blown away by the fact that it is about 'relationships' between coach and player. You cannot tell me that there wouldn't have been some frank discussions between the pair and as there should be with all players (we are last for crying out loud). However to then get your knickers in a knot and ask to leave? Doesn't it dawn on him that he might need to improve and that its up to him to turn it around. Cry me a river for crying out loud.

I'm glad he is going... We need to start paying a reasonable salary for needs and output. In 4 years time we would be paying him a premium when he would be sitting about 6-8th in line for a mid spot. Hopefully Rich can find some form or might be the next to leave as we will be paying on output by this stage of his career. No more 550k+ pay packets for 14 touches a game. He don't like it then goodbye.

The culture will start to change around here and it is a good thing. No more free rides and that's how you get to a cup.

You have to wonder why Suckling would want to join us. Is an extra $100K/year and an extra year on his next contract really worth leaving Hawthorn for us?

Would he be guaranteed a long term future at the Hawks? Would have thought he would be quite expendable when they need to slowly bring the next generation through.

I'm blown away by the fact that it is about 'relationships' between coach and player. You cannot tell me that there wouldn't have been some frank discussions between the pair and as there should be with all players (we are last for crying out loud). However to then get your knickers in a knot and ask to leave? Doesn't it dawn on him that he might need to improve and that its up to him to turn it around. Cry me a river for crying out loud.
Its always the players that need to improve its never the coach that has the attitude problem. I don't give a s**t who needs to improve, but if I were to pick between the two on who gets let go, it would be leppa he's done nothing to suggest he can take us to a premiership. s**t, all he's done is deliver us the wooden spoon.

Bit of a pessimistic thought.. But who's next? Trade period hasn't even started and if Redden has become disgruntled enough to request a trade or at least be thinking about it than surely there must be others packing their bags.

Wait until the exit interviews start. If Leppa takes the Brendan McCartney approach, we'll be lucky to field a team next year.

Despite my whole family being annoying Eagles supporters, I'm actually quite happy that West Coast is allegedly Redden's preferred destination. I think Eagles first rounder (14-18) would be spot on in terms of value and would greatly benefit both sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back