Universal Love Jackson Trengove appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

dcuq1.jpg

Can anyone honestly remember an AFL player drafted from interstate, who grew up a dyed in the wool fan of another club, being so in love with the club he plays for like Trengove is? Jackson's affection for Port Adelaide and its supporters runs extremely deep.
How can anyone not love this man!

Lets not forget, Jackson was the FIRST of the players to sign up and get the ball rolling for this great club!!!

I was down at training this morning and Jacko looked superb!!!

He is a lock for rd1!!!!

Can anyone honestly remember an AFL player drafted from interstate, who grew up a dyed in the wool fan of another club, being so in love with the club he plays for like Trengove is? Jackson's affection for Port Adelaide and its supporters runs extremely deep.

I crap on about this far too much, but converting those from east of the Nhillabor into lifelong Port men is a rich part of our tradition #kickavic #herpaderpaderpydoo

Yep this is why he is probably the most valuable player at the club not just on field but off field. He is like an older brother for some of the younger Vic lads.. constantly organising team get togethers. The bloke breaths for Port Adelaide. Couldn't be happier to have Jackson leading this club. Absolute legend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Jackson has a nice collection of skull prints on one of the walls of his house. Can anyone else confirm this :D
I think so. I've seen him post a couple of paintings of his that he owns on Instagram. Fairly sure there were some skulls in there.

Interesting to hear on the Bigfooty podcast that he thought he was going to get drafted by Adelaide in the lead up to the 2008 draft.

I wonder if he would have done the same as Phil Davis or stayed loyal like he did with us. Don't really need to give much time to the thought. Just an interesting sliding doors type scenario.

So glad we took the punt on him at pick 22 that year.

Not AFL days and drafting but fringe VFL players John Abley, Bomber Clifford and Russell Johnston would be up there with Jacko.

I'd also put Dom up there but he never really made it known as public as Jacko, partly due to starting when social media wasn't around, partly being a lesser player relatively to the rest of the group

Interesting to hear on the Bigfooty podcast that he thought he was going to get drafted by Adelaide in the lead up to the 2008 draft.

I wonder if he would have done the same as Phil Davis or stayed loyal like he did with us. Don't really need to give much time to the thought. Just an interesting sliding doors type scenario.

So glad we took the punt on him at pick 22 that year.
He was a top 10 rated player before he did he tore his nerve/hamstring from the bone

Not AFL days and drafting but fringe VFL players John Abley, Bomber Clifford and Russell Johnston would be up there with Jacko.

I'd also put Dom up there but he never really made it known as public as Jacko, partly due to starting when social media wasn't around, partly being a lesser player relatively to the rest of the group

I mostly mention Jackson because he grew up a fanatical Bomber supporter in a fanatical Bomber family. His love of our club now is extraordinary.

He was a top 10 rated player before he did he tore his nerve/hamstring from the bone
If you were re-ranking the 2008 draft most Port supporters would have him top ten. Most outside the club underrate him still (despite how we've gone from playing as a top four team when he's in, to mid-table the last two years when's been out).

Hope Jacko is fit for round one. Not looking likely, but just having his presence is enough. Hes a man around our club. He'll have a pic up of his mug somewhere on the club wall. And deservedly so.

Move to 6.01 minute mark ... Straight from the bosses mouth: Jackson is right to play!
Also in one of the player interviews it was mentioned that Jacko is smashing it in full-contact training!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back