Injury Josh Caddy - fractured foot

Remove this Banner Ad

cattas09

Senior List
Sep 27, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong twitter saying Caddy is out for approx 8 weeks with a broken foot which occurred today at training as he was changing direction

Geelong twitter saying Caddy is out for approx 8 weeks with a broken foot which occurred today at training as he was changing direction
It's on the Cats web site.
Geelong midfielder Josh Caddy will miss the next eight weeks after suffering a foot fracture at training on Thursday.

Caddy, who had made an impressive start to the season, averaging 18 possessions over the opening three rounds. More than 50% of his possessions have been of the contested variety.

“It was an unfortunate situation where Josh changed direction and heard a crack in his foot,” Geelong’s general manager Neil Balme said.

“Scans confirmed the injury and we expect him to miss around eight weeks.”

Caddy has played 46 games since making his debut in 2011.

Yet again one of our promising youngsters suffers a major setback to their development. All of the injuries our players incur seem to be of the medium to long-term variety.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ... just another blow.
He was looking ready to really take the next step this year as well.. But it creates more chances, Schroder is a liston medalist, now is his time to make the step up to the next level.

Sheringham also would be deserving of a chance

The ins for this round - Jackson Sheringham, Jordan Schroder, Josh Walker and Jackson Thurlow have all been added to the 25 man squad.

At this stage if Caddy is the only out then Sheringham would appear most likely at the top of the list for inclusion to the seniors, depending on what happens with Mackie it may be Thurlow as his replacement, or reports said Schroder was one of the best last week in the VFL so he might take the place of Caddy & Sheringham filling in down back.

Is there something wrong with our ground?
How many more talented youngsters will go down? Grrrrr!

FFS! I'm so sick of all of our injuries being to our best young talent that need games and experience under their belt. Motlop, Bundy, Menzel, Vardy, Kersten, Cowan, Caddy etc. We need these guys to get up to 50+ games ASAP to start taking over the load from the veterans, but they are the ones that are constantly injured.

Without trying to be a drama queen about everything, I am so pissed off right now.

IF Caddy had to break his foot, its a pity he couldn't wait a week or 2 before doing so - Motlop returns to the VFL this week and in a couple of weeks this would have made the decision of whom he replaces in the senior side much easier.

In the context of our fixture list, the timing of this injury couldn't be much worse. The next eight weeks is conspicuously our toughest stretch of the season.

Round 5: Hawthorn (MCG)
Round 6: Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval)
Round 7: Richmond (MCG)
Round 8: Bye
Round 9: Fremantle (Patersons Stadium)
Round 10: North Melbourne (Simonds Stadium)
Round 11: Sydney (SCG)
Round 12: Carlton (Etihad Stadium)

Does that particular bone usually make a loud crack when it breaks though?

I thought the navicular is the tricky bone in the foot which usually gets stepped on and/or fractures whenever players don't adjust their feet properly on landing.
Sounds like the bone he has broken is the metatarsal.
"Metatarsal" would be my reply to your question above, Bobby, too. I've done the same thing- turned the foot the wrong way, snap (loud crack) and you know it straight away. I was told that my fracture probably happened because I'd broken that ankle a few years ago and lost my proprioception... (I still can't stand on one foot with my eyes shut :()
I wonder if Caddy has also had prior injuries to have caused this to happen. Most times when players suddenly change direction, nothing happens- and they do it so often. Or was it uneven ground? Gee, you'd have to hope it wasn't the ground or heads will roll!! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back