Kennett must go now

Remove this Banner Ad

That Jeff legislated in a term limit for board members and presidents then came back ‘temporarily’ against all the legislation he put in tells you all you need to know.

It must have been a real crisis to cause that, but for the life of me, I can’t remember anything being that bad.

That Jeff legislated in a term limit for board members and presidents then came back ‘temporarily’ against all the legislation he put in tells you all you need to know.

It must have been a real crisis to cause that, but for the life of me, I can’t remember anything being that bad.

It was a real crisis, yes. The Tracy Gaudry appointment which almost resulted in most of our senior club leaders, including the coach, departing the club. It was an unmitigated disaster that cost the club time and money and Garvey rightly and decently stood down.

It was a real crisis, yes. The Tracy Gaudry appointment which almost resulted in most of our senior club leaders, including the coach, departing the club. It was an unmitigated disaster that cost the club time and money and Garvey rightly and decently stood down.

Why was the Tracy Gaudry appointment such a disaster? No shade or anything, genuinely curious.

Why was the Tracy Gaudry appointment such a disaster? No shade or anything, genuinely curious.

Others in the know may know more of the finer details than I do - but media reports at the time indicated that she’d received negative feedback from powerbrokers inside the club as well as AFL powerbrokers also. I recall the talk was that Wright, Clarko and other senior people within the club were prepared to walk unless she was marched. It was a costly search process to appoint her, costly to pay her out and we then needed to go through the costs to find Reeves. Basically the buck stopped with Garvey and other board members who also stood down or departed thereafter.

Others in the know may know more of the finer details than I do - but media reports at the time indicated that she’d received negative feedback from powerbrokers inside the club as well as AFL powerbrokers also. I recall the talk was that Wright, Clarko and other senior people within the club were prepared to walk unless she was marched. It was a costly search process to appoint her, costly to pay her out and we then needed to go through the costs to find Reeves. Basically the buck stopped with Garvey and other board members who also stood down or departed thereafter.
Wha did she do to have those people wanting to leave the club?

Wha did she do to have those people wanting to leave the club?

Apparently had a very abrasive style that put a lot of people off. From memory there was a heavy loss during her tenure and she went into the rooms after the game and was aggressively pressing Clarko for answers about the performance in view of the playing group.

Apparently had a very abrasive style that put a lot of people off. From memory there was a heavy loss during her tenure and she went into the rooms after the game and was aggressively pressing Clarko for answers about the performance in view of the playing group.
You'd think a career cyclist would know a thing or two about staying in the right lane.

But apparently the coach leaving and not Kennet is a “good thing”?

When does Kennet ‘decently’ stand down?

But apparently the coach leaving and not Kennet is a “good thing”?

When does Kennet ‘decently’ stand down?

Well hence this thread and the many good folk who wanted Kennett to exit stage left that is now going to happen later in the year.

And Clarkson being compelled to possibly leave back in 2016 was a very different proposition to what happened in 2021. Gaudry was a complete disaster - those responsible for it rightly stood aside. Those same people are the ones that asked for Kennett to return.

Silk announced as the new Chairman of Crown. Might explain why he didn’t have a run at the presidency because I imagine he’s going to be busy sorting out that mess.

Jesus - wonder how his anti-pokies stance is going to play over there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems he is not anti-pokies, just anti-pokies at a community not for profit organisation. Fair enough.

Makes sense. Plus governance would be a strong point having worked for Australian Super - there's no end of shifting regulatory requirements in that industry so cleaning up Crown would definitely be a suitable role.

Seems money does talk

I mean he's only human so I won't begrudge him that. Playing devil's advocate also - getting Crown cleaned up would be a fair challenge, possibly that is what appealed to him versus running a footy club. Or he felt it was a better fit for his particular skillset than chairing a sporting club. Either way - if he didn't feel it was the job for him I am glad he didn't waste anyone's time and dropped out of the running.

In fairness to JGK he was begged to return after the Gaudrey/Garby disasters. Real Hawthorn people were very concerned.

In typical JGK fashion and the control freak that most politicians tend to be, he took the reappointment as an endorsement that he could effectively do what he wanted. The same concerned Hawthorn people have stepped in.

There is more to come on current matters, so I am assured.

In typical JGK fashion and the control freak that most politicians tend to be, he took the reappointment as an endorsement that he could effectively do what he wanted.

Nothing to do with being a control freak (and what's with the spurious and inaccurate generalisation about "most politicians"?).

He is a power-hungry narcissistic egomaniac with limited mental ability, zero empathy and high self-regard. I'm surprised he hasn't put his hand up for Gilligan's job. Or to run Ukraine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back