Toast Kudos To Brad Scott Thread !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we win this week and are in the 'top 4' surely we could settle on the fact BS's gameplan (the gameplan to win big contested games of football) has stood up?

Never.

The hatred and lack of respect for our coach, after doing what was demanded; win a final, is disgusting.

Yeah, we were poor in the first half, but came home like a freight train in the second half.

After we win on Friday and our (my predicted) winning streak goes to 6 of the 8 required for the flag, flogs on here will still complain.

BS looks like a big young KP forward, and we all know they take longer to develop than smaller players.

Anyways, looking forward to bending the Catters over this week, Swans next week and Hawthorn the week after.

Unless you had a barrow to push why would you think the second quarter was evidence that Brad is a bad coach? All on the players. *essendon didn't build that lead through bad matchups or "Bad Norf" turning up and allowing lazy uncontested chippy crap. *They were made to work at it and despite playing their best footy still only kicked 6 in a half. The systems (mostly) held up, it was execution going forward that was deplorable. OK, that and clearances. How did they suddenly get so bad at clearances for a half?

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks and if I have a particular criticism of Brad's coaching this year it's that the group has seemed to lack self-belief and he's been contributing to that. Constantly pointing out in pressers that we're not a top 4 side until we prove we are, and admitting to being at a loss re the inconsistency. That message was being echoed by the players in media appearances. While all that was undoubtedly true, in hindsight was it helpful?

In the last month the messaging changed completely, talking up the readiness of the playing group and their willingness to take on whatever was coming. Words like "cherry ripe" and "hardened" were the order of the day.

Deliberate ploy? Coincidence? A factor of getting a full list back? Realising that he was doing more harm than good?

Whatever, I'm glad he's cut it out.

Well done Brad! You've proven that you are genuine coach and all the haters are flogs. Come on boys, get around him!!!! WooHoo!!!!

Yes we all had to stick fat and now after the guys playing the way he wants and showing them that anything is possible look what happens.We are in a Prelim.Well done to the NMFC for getting brad making the tough decisions.Go Roos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its others that are saying Hawks have better depth than us. Others that blame injuries for losing 6 games to bottom sides. I dont believe thats true. Its others saying Wild Brad Scott has NOTHING to do with recruitment. They honestly believe our recruiting team NEVER speak with the coaching department. They HONESTLY believe that Wild Brad Scotts sole job is to coach on match day and thats it. They then have the nerve to think that every one is nuffy for thinking the coached may actually have some input into recruitment. If our staff dont work together then our troubles are far deeper than Wild Brad.
You are a sheepdog that needs to pull your head in. Wild Brad thinks you are a s**t supporter that does not deserve the feeling that a true supporter is now feeling.

Why? I'm ecstatic at the win, but I'm not blind. Were you happy with the first half??? Do you think the review Scott does with the team will ignore the first half? Why are you ignoring the first half? If we want to win a GF we can't play like that. Essendon* are s**t, very s**t, and to let them dominate us like they did is not good.

I'm laughing at all my scum* mates but I will never stop expecting North to be the best team there is. Tonight we showed we can be, if only we can be consistent. For the last 5 years Wild Brad Scott has failed to get consistency, wether it be from game to game or quarter to quarter. It's an on going issue and if you dont want to acknowledge it you might as well **** off and go barrack for Richmond!
Oh dear!!!

Love the way people say he bleeds blue and white and is so passionate. Malthouse bled blue white and red, he then bled blue and gold, swapped to black and white and now bleeds navy blue. And every time he cut himself he was as passionate as the last.

These are not traits of a good coach, they are expected of every coach. Even Chris Connolly showed these when he ****** over a couple of clubs!

Ask yourself this, how many players have reached their potential on a consistent level under Brad? I say Swallow and Hunter, that's it.
The first of 5 months of complete dribble in this thread. How many ya think have improved now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Credit WF - you stuck your neck out and rolled the dice. A true fan that opened the doors to the sooks on this board. Enjoy mighty man.

Kudos to you also Wild Bill for sticking with me....... Also LCynic & theduckfan for keeping this thread alive....

Frikken Awesome guys.....

I will be going through this thread this week and highlighting all those doubters !!!

Kudos to you also Wild Bill for sticking with me....... Also LCynic & theduckfan for keeping this thread alive....

Frikken Awesome guys.....

I will be going through this thread this week and highlighting all those doubters !!!
Yep, is to judge after a couple of bad performances, but he has been a brilliant acquisition for this footy club.

He bleeds blue and white like we do, he developed a plan that would stick up in finals, he tweaked it each year and we have improved each year since he took over. You can't deny that.

The game plan has stood up 2 weeks in a row in intense finals.

I'm very proud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back