Preview Lions v Dogs Marvel Stadium Thursday 30th March 6.20 pm Brisbane Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering flying down for the game on Thursday, where is somewhere nice to sit where I won't be near rabid bulldogs fans?
Brisbane.

was gardner the spud they put on charlie last year
Nah, he takes the big forwards but has the agility and speed of a street lamp. He always has issues against us because no one stops to wrestle him.

The number under column rounds 1 & 2 are %.
TOT = Total number of CBA's attended.

Seeing the chart is only for 2 games you can work out that Daniel attended 13 CBA's in round 2 as 0% round 1.
Another reason i want Treloar to miss this week.
Their midfield is not that strong without Treloar playing. It appears depth an issue for them.
The Dogs are missing Dunkley big time at this early stage.
I think Macrae went forward just because they needed to try and see if something different would work.
But Bevo has done some strange position changes over the years
View attachment 1641791
Why on earth would you play Macrae anywhere but in the guts?

Dogs at their best will cause us some problems, but the result of the match will be determined by which Brisbane shows up.

If the Brisbane who is pretty jolly pleased with ourselves for the 3.5 cracking quarters we played against Melbourne, we'll lose. Probably by a lot.

If the Brisbane who is right dirty on ourselves for the half quarter we played after the resumption shows up, we'll win. Probably in a close one, because even when we win we're still always good for that half hour where the other mob kicks 8 goals and nobody has a clue what's going on.

Ripping preview well done.

I read somewhere else that Bailey had ice on his hamstring during the last quarter?
Yes, saw that on TV after the game.
Someone mentioned it was precautionary but it's always a concern when we see that.
The official AFL injury list usually comes out on Tuesday so hopefully no new names appear for Lions.

A strange sort of game from Bailey in a team well on top for all bar the last 12 minutes.
4 kicks, 2 goals (lucky for those that had him in the goal comp like me) 6 handballs, 1 tackle, 0 marks & 87% TOG.
In the midfield at times as he had 6 center bounce attendances recorded.

I'm considering flying down for the game on Thursday, where is somewhere nice to sit where I won't be near rabid bulldogs fans?
Bring your mouthguard I expect some tension in the crowd for this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows how much the AA selectors are infatuated with stats.
I think the whole industry is obsessed with stats. Any time I talk to the younger generation ( and I say that with respect ) about footy they inundate you with stats to justify the merit of a player. I look at some of these players and think sure they're racking up stats but are they having any impact.

Sometimes you see a player get 2 handballs and a kick in a chain that ends up in the arms of the opposition .Great stats ,negative impact.

Ryan Gardiner looks likely to return for the dogs this week. A good defender so will help the Dogs defense.
Lobb & Treloar a chance also according to the article.
Hopefully both those players stay unavailable.
We need the win as our opening 4 rounds were always going to be tough.
The more good players missing for the Dogs the better.

some posters on Dogs board believe Bruce may go forward, especially if JUH is not playing.

Ban and fine the idiot that apparently racially abused JUH, and sure the club is providing appropriate support to the young man, so he can get on the park sooner than later.

some posters on Dogs board believe Bruce may go forward, especially if JUH is not playing.

Ban and fine the idiot that apparently racially abused JUH, and sure the club is providing appropriate support to the young man, so he can get on the park sooner than later.
My understanding from the report on 7 news last night, was that they gave JUH the night off training( probably just to avoid the journos who the Bont was sent out to talk too) not that he was going to miss a match over a stupid comment shouted from the crowd. Would be shocked if he is fit and doesn't play.

Last edited:
My understanding from the report on 7 news last night, was that they gave JUH the night off training( probably just to avoid the jornos who the Bont was sent out to talk too) not that he was going to miss a match over a stupid comment shouted from the crowd. Would be shocked if he is fit and doesn't play.
They spoke about it on Browny's podcast and one thing that was mentioned is that it takes a toll on indigenous players simply because they're trotted out and expected to answer questions etc that they probably would prefer not to. Either way good move to keep the kid away from the journo's after something like that. IMO they can only make the situation worse for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back