Preview Lions v Dogs Marvel Stadium Thursday 30th March 6.20 pm Brisbane Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that missed the Daisy Pearce issue.
Now the Herald Sun has reported that the Lions have adopted the same stance because they don't want an opposition coach in their inner sanctum.

She did not feature in commentary for the round two Thursday night clash between Carlton and Geelong.

While Richmond and Brisbane closed their doors on Pearce, Carlton let her access the changerooms in her capacity as a commentator, while the Bulldogs will also let her into the sheds after their match against Brisbane on Thursday night.

For those that missed the Daisy Pearce issue.
Now the Herald Sun has reported that the Lions have adopted the same stance because they don't want an opposition coach in their inner sanctum.

She did not feature in commentary for the round two Thursday night clash between Carlton and Geelong.

While Richmond and Brisbane closed their doors on Pearce, Carlton let her access the changerooms in her capacity as a commentator, while the Bulldogs will also let her into the sheds after their match against Brisbane on Thursday night.
She is a Coach at Geelong.
Coach or Commentary Daisy, your choice?

She is a Coach at Geelong.
Coach or Commentary Daisy, your choice?
I am sure she gets way more money from her new brief appearances on 7 than being a Geelong development coach.

It is a 4-year women's coaching pathway program, so i suppose she needs to keep the door open with 7.

I think it is fair enough for any club to ban her.
A little surprised the Blues and Dogs are okay with situation.

If Coleman fit he will be straight back in the side. I think Andrews and Paine can manage the dogs tall forwards just fine, so Joyce will make way.

If Coleman fit he will be straight back in the side. I think Andrews and Paine can manage the dogs tall forwards just fine, so Joyce will make way.
Probably thinking Fort may make way for Coleman.
Joyce needs to stay in but thinking Oscar can handle English on his own.

What’s the deal with Jarryd Lyons? I drafted him in Fantasy 🤔 - does he force his way back in any time soon?

I'd rather see Fort stay in and Coleman start sub, maybe replacing Rich or Joyce if he's struggling
I like that a lot. If he is going to play I think this is the best way of doing so. I'm still happy if they give him another week off tho. I like the 3 tall defender combo, I'd like to give it more chance to develop. Andrews near looked the player of old being able to get a mismatch on the 3rd tall, to intercept, spoil at will.

Kiddy as sub, as you say can replace Rich or Joyce, but he could replace Fort or O, or a tall fwd if we have one tall to many. He gets a run without risking his head too long.

Great there's no other injuries. Im expecting the same team then, same effort, same game plan. With Kiddy to sub, Dev gets a full game in the vfl. It's a double header so the whole squad is travelling I guess. A full game, at inside mid in the vfl for Dev would be the best thing for him. Dev, Lyons, Matho, Tunstill, Fletcher, Dunkley, not a bad midfield for the ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the same applied to Luke Hodge the year he did both ch7 and was part-time with us? Doubt it.

there are heaps of blokes with duel media/coaching roles, just hope the same rules are being applied across the board.

I was pretty fine with us banning access to Daisy, as much as I enjoy her commentary - but hadn't thought about Hodge in that year or two. I'm sure luke darcy has been in the rooms of other teams before as part of commentary roles and he's been on the Dogs board for ages. Ditto for lethal too. So bit of a weird one.

I was pretty fine with us banning access to Daisy, as much as I enjoy her commentary - but hadn't thought about Hodge in that year or two. I'm sure luke darcy has been in the rooms of other teams before as part of commentary roles and he's been on the Dogs board for ages. Ditto for lethal too. So bit of a weird one.

You haven't taken into account the good bloke discount on access to rooms.

My feeling is that Hipwood should be dropped. He hasn't been in good form for a while. But who would they replace him with? I also feel that Gunston doesn't look settled at the Gabba. If he doesn't fire at Marvel they should consider dropping him and giving someone like Mathieson a go.

My feeling is that Hipwood should be dropped. He hasn't been in good form for a while. But who would they replace him with? I also feel that Gunston doesn't look settled at the Gabba. If he doesn't fire at Marvel they should consider dropping him and giving someone like Mathieson a go.
He was one of our best in both of our winning finals last year.
Slightly different role this year, so give him time.

i would be mortified if we dropped either of these 2 for matho

do not really get those out for gunston already - he did so many clever things against melbourne to help set up scoring oppurtunities and if he had flushed his set shots i doubt anyone would be criticising his performance

I think that his role was different, in that he created massive space by drawing defenders out of deep 50. Gunston also played a pivotal role in opening gaps and drawing Oppo players. If he'd slotted his set shots all would have been fine. I'm sure he'll steady and still be one of our top goal scorers of the season.

I think that his role was different, in that he created massive space by drawing defenders out of deep 50. Gunston also played a pivotal role in opening gaps and drawing Oppo players. If he'd slotted his set shots all would have been fine. I'm sure he'll steady and still be one of our top goal scorers of the season.

I think he has to because he doesn't offer any pressure. McStays departure leaves a big hole in our forward pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back