[Manny Pacquiao] vs [Floyd Mayweather Jnr]

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think Floyd will want this fight, because he is all about money. He knows that this fight will generate MASSIVE cash for him. The only thing that will deter him is the likelihood that he will get busted up. Every Pacquiao opponent puts their inability to cope with Manny down to the speed of his punches, they can never see them coming. Floyd's reflexes will be worthless if he can't see them coming, he knows this, hence why he might be a little reluctant. But at the end of the day, he is about money more than legacy, so he'll probably want to fight regardless of what he thinks his chances of losing are.

But I still think Floyd would win on points [unfortunately].

65/35 sounds ridiculous, but i'm not an expert on prize money sharing

can anyone shed some light on what they think should happen or will happen?

to me, it doesn't look as though mayweather's name is what's gonna be drawing 65% of of the attention, it's surely gotta be closer than that?

to me, it doesn't look as though mayweather's name is what's gonna be drawing 65% of of the attention, it's surely gotta be closer than that?
Floyd will take it. $$$$$$$$$$$$ Hopefully management sorts it all out. Pacman deserves his fair share but.

I've got a boner thinking about this fight. Woooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I actually think Floyd will want this fight, because he is all about money. He knows that this fight will generate MASSIVE cash for him. The only thing that will deter him is the likelihood that he will get busted up. Every Pacquiao opponent puts their inability to cope with Manny down to the speed of his punches, they can never see them coming. Floyd's reflexes will be worthless if he can't see them coming, he knows this, hence why he might be a little reluctant. But at the end of the day, he is about money more than legacy, so he'll probably want to fight regardless of what he thinks his chances of losing are.

But I still think Floyd would win on points [unfortunately].
Pacquiao's opponents havent been the greatest defensive fighters. Mayweather is just about the best of all time. He'll see them coming alright.

Only reference we have for comparing the fighters and how they might go is Marquez. Mayweather demolished him while Pacman won a split decision.

35% cut will be extraordinary amount of money anwyay. Public wants the fight and they'll get it and with that the $$$$$$$ will rain in.

Pacquiao's opponents havent been the greatest defensive fighters. Mayweather is just about the best of all time. He'll see them coming alright.

Only reference we have for comparing the fighters and how they might go is Marquez. Mayweather demolished him while Pacman won a split decision.
Pacquiao's improved since and continue's to do so.

The Peso's will be many for Manny.

Freddie Roach has already said they wont cop 65:35 for Pac. (see bottom of this article)

http://www.canada.com/sports/Pacquiao+eyes+showdown+with+Mayweather/2228436/story.html

IMO Pac deserves 50:50. Hes currently the best fighter out there in that weight range. Floyd is a quality defensive fighter but i really think the Pac can beat him..

I dont think its fair to compare Pac Man and Mayweathers respective fights against Marquez. Pac man is much better now. Pac man knocked out hatton in 2 rounds, it took Floyd longer... what does that mean ? Nothing really.

Until they fight one another no one will know.

Folyd and Bob Arum's hate doesnt help in organising the fight.

So what if Mayweather demolished Marquez? Marquez moved up two weight divisions [3 above his natural weight] to face Mayweather. That's a ridiculous comment. How about this one: Floyd Mayweather made Ricky Hatton move UP in weight to face him, and he knocked him out in the late rounds. Pacquiao moved UP to face Hatton at Hatton's prime weight, and annihalated him in two rounds. How about another one for you? Oscar De La Hoya took Mayweather to a split decision [Floyd clearly won, but it was extremely competitive], whilst Pacquiao picked De La Hoya apart in what is perhaps the most one-sided marquee fight of the decade.

You say that Pacquiao hasn't faced a defensive fighter like Floyd... well yeah, because there is nobody like him. But Floyd hasn't faced anyone close to Pacquiao in terms of offensive arsenal. But look at his first fight against the vastly inferior Castillo, who pressured Floyd to what I [and many others] believe was Floyd's only loss of his career, even though he got the decision. Look at what Zab Judah's handspeed did to Mayweather in the first four rounds. He was landing left hand leads at will, his southpaw stance and handspeed confused the **** out of Floyd. Yes, he won the fight in the end, but as he should... Judah has been rubbish for around 6 years. Like I said, good defense does not stop the punches you can't seen coming. Have you ever seen De La Hoya tagged the way he was? Sure, he's not as defensively sound as Floyd, but over his career against the best fighters in the world, he didn't get tagged cleanly that often. But Pacquiao landed at will. Speaks volumes.

This fight will be the Whitaker-Chavez, Leonard-Duran, Ali-Frazier, Robinson-Lamotta of our generation. Brawler/puncher meets master boxer. Every one of those fights/series were split and/or controversial [except Robinson-Lamotta, which was 5-1, but the talent gap there was far greater than the others]. The only difference is... Whitaker, Robinson, Leonard and Ali weren't afraid to scrap with the best... Mayweather is. Hence I can't see this fight being an epic like most of those encounters were.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom line is that Pacquiao is the P4P king, he has a massive Filipino following in the States and around the world, and he consistently gets big PPV numbers. Floyd can try to spin it any way he likes, but he is not the draw in this fight. Pacquiao deserves 50/50 at the absolute minimum, but given how arrogant and stubborn Mayweather is, he may have to settle for 45/55 IF he really wants the fight. Mayweather is obsessed with money, he won't fight for anything less than the majority... which is why he'll always be remembered as an underachieving piece of s**t.

Bring on the fight... and I hope Pacquaio tears him to ****ing shreds.

WHat about De La HOya and Hatton?

Manny smashed DLH and Mayweather was lucky to get the decision. Both beat up on Hatton but Manny was more impressive.

Sportsbet have listed the odds as Mayweather $1.70 Pacquiao $2.15.

Fairly hard to call who will beat who - this is really a toss of the coin - and after what happened with Danny Green last night it shows it is very hard to predict boxing results!

Sportsbet have listed the odds as Mayweather $1.70 Pacquiao $2.15.

Fairly hard to call who will beat who - this is really a toss of the coin - and after what happened with Danny Green last night it shows it is very hard to predict boxing results!

Im not getting excited till they are both in the same room and have signed off.

Whispers that Pac man doesnt want to fight in March becuase of elections in his homeland....

I really hope this happens.

Oh and Danny Green is C Grade fighter.

Im not getting excited till they are both in the same room and have signed off.

Whispers that Pac man doesnt want to fight in March becuase of elections in his homeland....

I really hope this happens.

Oh and Danny Green is C Grade fighter.[/quote]

Completely agree. I'm over the mass hysteria going on by fans with little boxing knowledge treating him like a god. He should get as much recognition for this as Kevin McBride got for stopping Tyson.

dont get me wrong - great win but RJJ is finished and was before Calzaghe even beat him.... I was certainly going for him but il save these thoughts for the other thread...

Pac Man v Money Mayweather would be unreal - and id definately go to USA for the fight if i could jag tickets.

Buckle up lads look like its all good to go!!!

BOXING: Pacquiao to fight Mayweather?

Manny Pacquiao likely will fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on March 13 after agreeing to a proposal from promoter Bob Arum on Friday.

Arum presented "what he thought was the best proposal he can bring" during a 2-hour breakfast meeting with Pacquiao in Manila, Philippines, said Michael Koncz, an adviser of the Philippine boxing idol.
If the fight is made, there likely would be a Jan. 11 news conference in New York to announce it. The bout could be the richest ever, assuming pay-per-view projections are accurate.

that being said ill be sitting on the money mayweather side.

for who you want to win or who you think will win?

I want pacman to win, but the more I read the more I think mayweather will win.

Having said that, it probably is too hard to predict.

What do people think the fairest weight for them to fight at it should be? and WHY?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back