[Manny Pacquiao] vs [Floyd Mayweather Jnr]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon if they fight at true welterweight (i.e. 147 i think it is), thats the fairest. There is talk of Mayweather wanting it at 154, but Pac wouldnt want to go that heavy. Then again, they could meet at a catchweight of 150. I definitniely think 147 is the mark that is fairest. Pretty sure thats weight Pac beat Cotto @. Floyd beat Marquez at 145 i think so its close.

for who you want to win or who you think will win?

I want pacman to win, but the more I read the more I think mayweather will win.

Having said that, it probably is too hard to predict.

What do people think the fairest weight for them to fight at it should be? and WHY?

Fairest weight is 147. Wont really matter if it's at 154 as i don't think it really gives anyone an advantage. Pacquiao has proven that he is comfortable fighting as a welterweight and Mayweather is a natural welterweight as well.

Will be an interesting fight. I wont be expecting a fight of the year candidate as Mayweather wont be stupid enough to stand in front of Pacquiao and trade shots with him. I actually am looking forward to seeing how Pacquiao adapts to Mayweathers defence-first style. Mayweather will never have fought anyone as fast and powerful as the pac-man also. Fingers crossed they can get the signatures on the contract.

Yeh if it goes ahead you would suspect they would fight 147. They probally both negate each others natural styles but in saying that if you Mayweather tries to out box Pac Man with his counter-attacking style he will probally get floored later on.

Fight is off atm due to mayweather wanting blood test before the fight and pacman refuses as he says it weakens him in training. Intersting, is this flloyd looking for an excuse or pacman doping?

I thik if it weakens both of them during training it can't be an advantage so why not do it?

I really don't know who will win this one i think mayweather is a professional of the highest order but manny is the x factor. I'd say mayweather on points.

Fight is off atm due to mayweather wanting blood test before the fight and pacman refuses as he says it weakens him in training. Intersting, is this flloyd looking for an excuse or pacman doping?

How is him asking for olympic style drug testing in one of the biggest fights an excuse for Floyd? Floyd Snr has repeatedly come out and made comments that he thinks Pacman has used performance inhancers before, it seems their camp in just looking for the fight to be 100% true and no be no excuses.

I'm not sure why Pacman is turning this down? It is just a little bit of blood, both fighters will have the same amount of blood taken, no advantage for either. It isn't like Manny is afraid of needles, he has tattoos, if anything, from my stand point, Pacman has something to hide or is trying to make an excuse to run. Or maybe he wants to show some authority and doesn't want the Mayweather camp to be in control, who knows but i sure as hell wouldn't want this ruining what could be an amazing fight.

How is him asking for olympic style drug testing in one of the biggest fights an excuse for Floyd? Floyd Snr has repeatedly come out and made comments that he thinks Pacman has used performance inhancers before, it seems their camp in just looking for the fight to be 100% true and no be no excuses.

I'm not sure why Pacman is turning this down? It is just a little bit of blood, both fighters will have the same amount of blood taken, no advantage for either. It isn't like Manny is afraid of needles, he has tattoos, if anything, from my stand point, Pacman has something to hide or is trying to make an excuse to run. Or maybe he wants to show some authority and doesn't want the Mayweather camp to be in control, who knows but i sure as hell wouldn't want this ruining what could be an amazing fight.
The only thing i can think of in Manny's defence, is that he doesn't want to give in to Mayweather's demands. Otherwise all this "the blood tests weaken me" is a load of crap.

They do enough doping tests anyway. They would be found out. Manny said he was happy to be tested a month out and straight after the fight.

I think it's more of a 'aint going to let Floyd set any terms' sorta stance.

Maybe Pacquiao is actually a cheat?

Not so much a "cheat", but it was rumoured that Manny has used some performance enhancing supplements that are legal in Boxing and in many other sports, but are not legal in the Olympic standards of drug testing.

Manny has also stated he doesn't give blood tests a month before or after a fight for "superstitious" reasons.

Strange situation this, in that it is Mayweather's camp that has asked for the drug tests, fully knowing that Manny's crew would turn it down.

Read into that what you want.

I hope they figure it out, I really want to see them fight.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And now Pac is planning on suing Mayweather

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/articles/2009/12/26/pacquiao_plans_to_sue_mayweathers/

“Enough is enough,’’ Pacquiao said in the statement. “These people, Mayweather Sr., Jr., and Golden Boy Promotions, think it is a joke and a right to accuse someone wrongly of using steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs. I have tried to just brush it off as a mere prefight ploy, but I think they have gone overboard.’’

Fight's never going to happen now...

:(

I think this is just what Mayweather wanted.

He is in Manny's head now and can push n prod him into a stupid fight time/location/money split.

The issue now is that Manny is in a no-win situation. If he wins the court case and the fight never happens people will say that he ducked Maywhether. If he losses the court case then he has to fight. THEN if he wins the fight people will always wonder if he was on something.

I think he has to do the blood test, sign the fight for less garunteed $$$ but a bigger winners purse and get the fight set for mid next year say August, once the World cup has died down.

Manny should win the fight but if Floyd gets into his head and they sign for March/April then it's gonna go to Maywhether.

Maybe Pacquiao is actually a cheat?

Floyd called a bluff and touched a raw nerve ...thats all !

The fight will go on as planned, nuthin surer .

Get on board , Manny will destroy Floyd ! And Floyd knows it .

The little master will crown the **** the growse in the 5th ....then it will be bye bye u loud mouthed dog

Pacquiao is willing to give urine tests at any time, and blood tests at any time (including immediately after the fight, win or lose), except for immediately before the fight (few days? a week?)

Doubt this will happen, manny is a bitch now imo. What better way to settle your dispute than to do it in the ring but he choses to sue him, pathetic. I have question marks over him now that he won't do the same drug test as flloyd. "people that have nothing to hide, hide nothing".

^Did you read my previous post? Manny is the bitch? Floyd is the one that dodges and picks fights. Manny fights anyone. ANYONE. His game style is anything but bitch-made too, unlike floyd runaway-and-get-one-weak-punch-in-for-points mayweather.

^Did you read my previous post? Manny is the bitch? Floyd is the one that dodges and picks fights. Manny fights anyone. ANYONE. His game style is anything but bitch-made too, unlike floyd runaway-and-get-one-weak-punch-in-for-points mayweather.

I agree flloyd doesn't fight the big dogs but you can't call him a bitch for his boxing style. Manny will give blood tests 30days before the fight and after. Why would you not agree to do the same as flloyd? Instead he sues him for 75k when he can make 40 mill from the fight instead? Explain that.

I agree flloyd doesn't fight the big dogs but you can't call him a bitch for his boxing style. Manny will give blood tests 30days before the fight and after. Why would you not agree to do the same as flloyd? Instead he sues him for 75k when he can make 40 mill from the fight instead? Explain that.

Floyd wants random blood tests at any time. Which could be in theory, an hour before the fight. Thats what Manny is worried about.

Why should Manny do anything different for this fight than his other ones ? If the urine tests were good enough for De La Hoya, Hatton and Cotto why aren't they good enough for Floyd ?

The law suit is juz for defamation. I guess Manny sees it as a way to clear his name having been accused of cheating the money 75k is chump change for these guys.

The fight will still happen. there's too much money involved to not find a way around this.

They'll end up having the same tests.

Mayweather knows himself the accusations were to generate hype, which is what boxing is all about - ppv and ticket sales.

Pacquiao is willing to give urine tests at any time, and blood tests at any time (including immediately after the fight, win or lose), except for immediately before the fight (few days? a week?)

That sounds logical, given that after having some blood taken it is likely that you will feel weak or light-headed.

It's the last thing I'd want to do prior to competition.

That sounds logical, given that after having some blood taken it is likely that you will feel weak or light-headed.

It's the last thing I'd want to do prior to competition.
But it's not like they are doing the test the day of the fight. It would be like a week out. They both miss a half day of training, big woop. Same for both fighters.

But I do agree with Manny not letting Floyd dictate the terms of the fight. I think Pac-Man has earned respect and should be treated with the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back