News Matthew Egan launches legal action over the treatment of his foot injury

Remove this Banner Ad

I am over this s**t.

Sue at the time, not after Geelong helped to establish you in a new role, and ensured your payments were made, and a contract was paid when he had no hope of coming back.

He doesn't need to sue, because he is not worse off from a financial sense.

He is not taking action against Geelong yet, he is taking actions against the quacks.

He rolled the dice. This is crapola.

He is too busy talking to Dr Reid who allows peds to be peddled under his watch and probably getting advice from hird and co, as she takes good notes.

Bloke is crap.

How would everyone feel if Menzel sued.

Just to correct one point - he isn't suing the club, he's suing the doctor and the surgeon. I don't know why Essendon is being brought into this discussion, it shouldn't be about club loyalties anyway.
what a load of crap. Essendon is brought up for a reason. he is suing geelong people and employees of the club
maybe he should have spoken with james in 2010 as well

I wouldn't be too quick to allow club loyalties to impinge on Egan's rights here. If what he claims is correct, then he's certainly entitled to have his case heard. I do have queries over why it's taken this long and I believe that the club appeared to do right by him after the injury ended his career but I couldn't honestly say I believe they handled his injury with the most care and patience possible.

Hopefully the club didn't do anything reckless. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Don't understand why we tried to rush him back considering we could have won the 07 GF with no back line at all...

Hindsight has 20/20 vision.

I wouldn't really be too quick to judge, this is really between Egan and the insurers

Yes, I agree here. Let's not get too carried away. If you were injured post surgery, due to not receiving information regarding post recovery, you would be jumping up and down about it too.

This is basically an insurance claim against the doctors liability.

and we all believe the Essendon

how about we cut the doc some slack - we are saying he is a muppet, and all he cared about was getting the bloke on the field

He's suing their insurance companies. I'd do the same. If they did make his foot worse trying to get him up for 2007 he missed out on two premierships. He would have helped 2008 as well. He was a gun. It will be settled anyway.

Doctors' insurers are notorious for their extreme reluctance to settle, and for making claimants fight it out to the bitter, expensive end.

Knows he won't be coaching long term after being associated with Essendon. Looking for a pension in my opinion, but can't blame the guy, still got bills to pay and food to put on a table. Probably not a huge skill set outside of football that he can use to keep up his current lifestyle

Doctors' insurers are notorious for their extreme reluctance to settle, and for making claimants fight it out to the bitter, expensive end.
D. Lay is most often the medical negligence in-house solicitor. ;)

They are bastards who make litigants jump through hoop after hoop. Then find ways of getting them to do it over again.

Very quick to grab premiums. Ultra slow in settling.

I thought the club kept him on in an assistant defensive coaching position for a few years until Robinson left for Bombers. He went at same time.

On appearance, it looked like the club did the right thing by him.

Go Catters
Totally different timing. Robinson went to GC first BTW.

Lawyer on radio now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see if I can dig up a post here I put up about egan.

Interesting he's not going the club.
And I don't understand why he isn't seeking an economic resolution.
Whats he after?

Like I said in the other thread. Everyone deserves their day in court.

Why can't I find scratching post, posts from 5 years ago?
If a mod can find my very first post there let me know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back