Roast Max King is a bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have drafted Ben.

Sorry folks but the bloke needs a massive rocket. Does he realise what legs are for. Hands are for marking but he doesn’t do that very well so maybe his legs are afflicted by the same deficiency.

Convince me otherwise.
Winx my ass. More like Fine Cotton.....

Should have drafted Ben.

Sorry folks but the bloke needs a massive rocket. Does he realise what legs are for. Hands are for marking but he doesn’t do that very well so maybe his legs are afflicted by the same deficiency.

Convince me otherwise.
Winx my ass. More like Fine Cotton.....

Feel your anger but point that at our more experienced players who are not leading by example.

Wow, ridiculous thread.

For some reason a few of you are surprised that a young key position player is struggling, not considering when his service consists of our mids blindly bombing it on top of his head.

All of this while having to wrestle 3 tall defenders.

I’ve said a few times now, if you want to see how we should handle Max King and set up our forward line this year, just look at how Gold Coast use his twin Ben. They clear out the forward line, and their mids kick it to space in front of him. He either takes the mark on the lead or gets a great jump at it. He’s also usually one-on-one because they clear the forward line out.

Tipping on Max King after today is unbelievably short-sighted. He’s going to be a massive weapon for us once we work out how to utilize him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs more energy, especially set shots. I said last week that his routine looks lazy, wobbly like he's walking backwards when he kicks. Tonight Dunstall said exactly that, he looks lazy with set shots. He looks rooted after a few minutes for some reason.

He needs more energy, especially set shots. I said last week that his routine looks lazy, wobbly like he's walking backwards when he kicks. Tonight Dunstall said exactly that, he looks lazy with set shots. He looks rooted after a few minutes for some reason.
Probably because we've lacked the intelligence to come up with a forward plan beyond Riewoldt holding the ball up on the flank every single entry.

I kinda get your point. He can't mark in the forward line, but by god he took a few great contested marks outside of the forward 50 tonight.
He is overrated at this point, though. He isn't a game winner. Doesn't even look like one. Paddy showed more at this point.

I won't write him off yet, though. He'll come good like Tom Hawkins did eventually. Imagine writing Tom Hawkins off.

My final point is that Max King is NOT the reason for us losing. He hasn't had effective kicks into our forward 50 to feed off of, so it's harsh to call him out on terrible delivery. But I agree, he doesn't take the marks inside the forward 50 he should.

A bit harsh given the way the ball was delivered for the second week in a row . He is a young kid , only played 20 games . I suppose you would have called Lockett a bust too after 20 games . People are getting just a wee bit angry just because we had a poor game . Lots of games to go this season . Calm down ffs.

He needs a foil, he needs support.

As good as Plugger was he still had Stewie Loewe who was another dangerous target as a lead up CHF, he also had Winmar and Craig O'Brien.

Riewoldt had Kosi and G -Train.

King can't carry our forward line on his own, we need Membrey, Battle and Wood to stand up to help him out and take the heat off him.

Membrey is the only one who looks a chance to mark inside 50 at the moment. Get some of those downhill skiing small forwards out and put Battle back in the mix, and Marshall to rotate through as well once he’s fit, and I think King will start hauling them in.

He needs a foil, he needs support.

As good as Plugger was he still had Stewie Loewe who was another dangerous target as a lead up CHF, he also had Winmar and Craig O'Brien.

Riewoldt had Kosi and G -Train.

King can't carry our forward line on his own, we need Membrey, Battle and Wood to stand up to help him out and take the heat off him.

I come in peace, I reckon your coaches haven’t done him many favours. Bruce despite his 10 goal haul recently is pretty average but he would have at least been able to protect King a bit. Riewoldt was a prodigy in his 3rd year but he still had Gehrig and Hamill to take some of the load off his shoulders. King has a medium forward in Membrey and that’s it. The kid is clearly very talented but he needs support.

I come in peace, I reckon your coaches haven’t done him many favours. Bruce despite his 10 goal haul recently is pretty average but he would have at least been able to protect King a bit. Riewoldt was a prodigy in his 3rd year but he still had Gehrig and Hamill to take some of the load off his shoulders. King has a medium forward in Membrey and that’s it. The kid is clearly very talented but he needs support.
He'd be twice the player with delivery.

Still shits all over McCartin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back