Traded Mega deal - 4 clubs, 2 players, 14 picks (inc #1, #2, #3, #8, #12 and 5 future picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Different style forwards but I get McCartin vibes if Cadman goes Pick 1.

Makes sense to bring in a player without any connection to Melbourne though.

Let's break this down.

North effectively give up last year's pick 1 (for which, last year, the Crows offered 2021 pick 6, 2021 pick 18, and 2022 pick 5)

AND this year's pick 1

FOR

2,3, Port's first next year (which is likely to be in the teens).

Who the * at the club signed off on this.
Now I read that after posting my thesis I feel a little silly 😂

I really don’t think any club is getting screwed on the trade.

North did about as well as they could hope for given JHF’s attitude throughout the year.

The future first is a cherry on top.

Was comfortable with 3 + 12 for 1. We should of ended discussions right there. This is farked.

Interesting that GWS chucked in a future second round pick for two picks they probably won't use. Surely Port's 33 could've been extracted in exchange for breaking the deadlock (though there's a chance GWS wouldn't use that pick either?).

I legitimately don't understand how Port has pulled this off. Been told for a week that North won't accept and WC won't accept and were kidding ourselves just offering the same but to different clubs doesn't work.

Apart from the 2nd rd picks swaps for 2023 Coll and Freo, we've essentially (not directly i know) traded 8 plus f1 for JHF, and 3 x 3rd rounders for Rioli.
And still keep a pick 33 do we? If so, for Ratagolea I assume.

Everyone just bluffs to try and get the best deal and to look like they're playing hardball to their supporter base.

You were never giving up gun youth.

The fact that GWS was willing to give up so much for relatively little helps make the deal happen too.

Interesting that GWS chucked in a future second round pick for two picks they probably won't use. Surely Port's 33 could've been extracted in exchange for breaking the deadlock (though there's a chance GWS wouldn't use that pick either?).
I think the only way Port could add a future second into the deal which was knocked back by the afl is that they needed a future second coming back their way. That’s how the deal was allowed through

Either they are part of the Hopper trade or you guys will give us a nice future pick for not bidding on Ashcroft.

Port - great deal. Very well done!
North - got what they could considering the circumstances, or at least very close to.
GWS - you gotta pay a little extra to trade up. OK trade for them
West Coast - absolutely WTF trade. I don't get it

Port - great deal. Very well done!
North - got what they could considering the circumstances, or at least very close to.
GWS - you gotta pay a little extra to trade up. OK trade for them
West Coast - absolutely WTF trade. I don't get it

WC have done that trade to get two WA kids in by looks of it.

They clearly don't back themselves to keep non WA kids at WC while they are rebuilding its a shame as it's a national competition some these kids need to grow up and appreciate the opportunities they are getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was comfortable with 3 + 12 for 1. We should of ended discussions right there. This is farked.

You have found the Cameron replacement you’ve done the best out of the lot.

North happy they got a top 5 pick. Feel WCE are the ones bent over a bit

GWS seem to have paid a bit to move up two spots.

Who is the player they want the Vic fwd?

Correct Cadman to the Giants lock it in

Not sure about West Coast's result from this deal. If they really wanted to avoid a flight risk at #2 and trade down for Busslinger/Ginbey, they probably could have done it themselves and earned more value back.

Also, did GWS really have to trade up for Cadman? Were North actually a risk to draft him?

Agree on wce.

Im not sure north would have taken cadman but gws thought they might and they need a key forward plus they didnt want to flight risk sheezel or wardlaw after bruhn so they cut out the risk and paid for 1.

I think the only way Port could add a future second into the deal which was knocked back by the afl is that they needed a future second coming back their way. That’s how the deal was allowed through

I'm aware.

The initial 6 team trade had GWS giving up picks 3 and 12 for 1, and no other picks involved. This new trade had GWS adding in a future second round pick (tied to Collingwood) and getting 53 and 57 back which hardly seems worth it for GWS.

Given them adding in the future second is what allowed the trade to go through, you'd think they could've gotten at least pick 33 back from Port.

WC have done that trade to get two WA kids in by looks of it.

They clearly don't back themselves to keep non WA kids at WC while they are rebuilding its a shame as it's a national competition some these kids need to grow up and appreciate the opportunities they are getting.
Could be the only reason I guess. But geez.. pick 2! Could've had Wardlaw. He looks a jet

Why did GWS just jump in to save the trade for Port AND Port managed to keep 33 (or whatever it is), this year? It’s bizarre

I mean i wont complain as we probably get 33 from port but i cant believe they werent forced to send 33 to wce/nm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back