Traded Mega deal - 4 clubs, 2 players, 14 picks (inc #1, #2, #3, #8, #12 and 5 future picks)

Remove this Banner Ad

WC have done that trade to get two WA kids in by looks of it.

They clearly don't back themselves to keep non WA kids at WC while they are rebuilding its a shame as it's a national competition some these kids need to grow up and appreciate the opportunities they are getting.
The Eagles have a great record of keeping interstate talent. I think it suggests the only one or two players we might be interested in have made it clear they are a flight risk and the club doesn't want that kind of bullschitte when going through a rebuild.

I'm not trying to be a smart@rse but are North the biggest loser in all of this? They've lost 2 x #1 picks and in return get 2 & 3. And likely lose access to Cadman.
Would presume they didn't want Cadman so don't lose anything in that regard, still get who they want x2

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh yeah baby!!

1010_JHF_rioli_trade

Would have thought Nth should been going after him and Wardlow.

Fwd and Mid into the system both from Vic makes alot of sense.

Least he seems like he’s less likely to go home and that’s the key for GWS if they have to pay a fraction overs so be it

''Who won the trade period?'' Port Port and Port

on face value and not on face value Port didn't have to give a great deal in top end picks at all to get a once in a generation type talent elite powerful pacey mid. Pick 8 being the highest pick a F1st (is probably 13 to 18 range) and whole heap of other picks 2 round and further back. I'm doing that deal 11 times out of 10. I almost forgot Rioli as well.

WC have done that trade to get two WA kids in by looks of it.

They clearly don't back themselves to keep non WA kids at WC while they are rebuilding its a shame as it's a national competition some these kids need to grow up and appreciate the opportunities they are getting.
I'm still not sure if I think its right or wrong but it is a typically conservative West Coast decision.

Like trading down in 2013 because we were always going to draft Dom Sheed.

I'm not trying to be a smart@rse but are North the biggest loser in all of this? They've lost 2 x #1 picks and in return get 2 & 3. And likely lose access to Cadman.
If we wanted Cadman we wouldn't have agreed to the deal, I think we are looking at two from Wardlaw, Tsatas or Sheezel.

Also get a 2023 first in fairness.

Not sure they were 100% set on Cadman either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we wanted Cadman we wouldn't have agreed to the deal, I think we are looking at two from Wardlaw, Tsatas or Sheezel.
You would think that has to be the case, but from an outsider I just can't wrap my head around why you're not targeting a KPF in this draft? You seem to have heaps of talented mids even with JHF leaving but very light on KPPs, especially forward now that you got logue

You would think that has to be the case, but from an outsider I just can't wrap my head around why you're not targeting a KPF in this draft? You seem to have heaps of talented mids even with JHF leaving but very light on KPPs, especially forward now that you got logue
It does seem a little odd, but I guess we are placing our faith in a young kid by the name of Comben who we selected a couple of years ago.

The Eagles have a great record of keeping interstate talent. I think it suggests the only one or two players we might be interested in have made it clear they are a flight risk and the club doesn't want that kind of bullschitte when going through a rebuild.

My guess is that would be wardlaw and sheezel. 8 gives you the option of local kids or some of the SA ones like phillipou who should be less go home risk.

Let's break this down.

North effectively give up last year's pick 1 (for which, last year, the Crows offered 2021 pick 6, 2021 pick 18, and 2022 pick 5)

AND this year's pick 1

FOR

2,3, Port's first next year (which is likely to be in the teens).

Who the * at the club signed off on this.
JHF devalued himself this year by his behaviour.

Port won't be complaining.

''Who won the trade period?'' Port Port and Port

on face value and not on face value Port didn't have to give a great deal in top end picks at all to get a once in a generation type talent elite powerful pacey mid. Pick 8 being the highest pick a F1st (is probably 13 to 18 range) and whole heap of other picks 2 round and further back. I'm doing that deal 11 times out of 10. I almost forgot Rioli as well.
And somehow kept 33 probably for Ratagolea.

Not often you get with your first offer, what you wanted at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back