Membership 2015 - How Melbourne are you? - now over 35k

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if i have an general admission membership for a home game and a friend gets a normal ticket we can sit together? i thought the MCC was strict on letting people sit where they want

Oh yeah sorry ignore the stuff I said about the MCC, I think I confused the matter. MCC membership is an entirely different proposition to MFC membership. I was just illustrating that it's possible to sit with whoever you want in GA.

You'll be fine with what you've suggested.

Hey guys i'm actually looking at becoming a member for the first time now that games have better times. although i just have a query first so if somebody could give me an answer.

I don't attend AFL games often but i'm looking at a home and away membership for Melbourne games, that would allow me to sit in general admission for games. just wondering i have a friend who goes for carlton and we plan on going to that game, if he buys a ticket on the day can we get seats together in general admission?

edit: I have another question also, for games such as the queens birthday for example if general admission is full will i not be able attend the match?

That is what I have, the standard Home 11 MFC general admission membership. You can sit in any general admission area with anyone you go with on the day. So yes is the answer to your question.

Also we are lucky that the club still provides general admission seating at the bottom level in some areas (which I like). Lots of other clubs with home games at the MCG send their paid up and dedicated members to level 4 so they can look down and see half of level 1 empty and wonder why they can't sit there.

Got my '15 membership pack today! Can't wait to get those new stickers on my 'plates and drive around with an overtly optimistic 'this year, finals time' attitude for several months! Unfortunately the '14 ones will be going on the wheelie bin yet again to represent another rubbish year.

Got my '15 membership pack today! Can't wait to get those new stickers on my 'plates and drive around with an overtly optimistic 'this year, finals time' attitude for several months! Unfortunately the '14 ones will be going on the wheelie bin yet again to represent another rubbish year.

McDonald's signature still having #43 was quaint.

I pledge to not buy one until we're back in the finals.

I've been keeping this pledge for five years now. More of you need to get on board.

The Coup said:

I've been keeping this pledge for five years now. More of you need to get on board.

Why would you pledge that?

Stuff that, keep hitting the league in the wallet until they give us more cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff that, keep hitting the league in the wallet until they give us more cash.
Exactly the attitude that got us in this mess. Relying on AFL handouts is only a bandaid solution to keeping us alive. If we want real success we've got to make it for ourselves.

Now that we have a competent administration the two critical factors for success are the playing list and the membership base. Roosy and the footy department will sort out the list, the other bit is completely up to you. Sign up or take your bandwagon, fair-weather, downhill-skiing attitude somewhere else.

We don't have the power to make it for ourselves.

No club does.

I'll buy a membership again when it looks like it might be worth it.

We don't have the power to make it for ourselves.

No club does.

I'll buy a membership again when it looks like it might be worth it.
Maybe the players should stop playing until we build up a better list. Nathan Jones doesn't have the power to win games by himself
Seems reasonable that he will only start playing again when it looks like it might be worth it

They get paid to play.

I have to pay money to watch it. That's the problem.

I take solace in the fact that you'll never get the feeling that those of us who have stuck fat will get when we do make the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back