Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

The way we've flicked the switch from regular season to playoffs is actually unreal. Never seen anything like the last six games. Incredible.

I'm far too cynical to think we have a shot yet, but we have already blown my expectations out of the water. Gotta find a way to keep this roster ticking next season.

i owe KAT an apology. he can be absolutely stupid and infuriating but he really came to the party.
mcdaniels looking like kawhi lite. rudy like prime MJ. NAZ the GOAT.
ANT absolute dawg mentality (cannot believe this guy is 22!!).
what a season.

i owe KAT an apology. he can be absolutely stupid and infuriating but he really came to the party.
I said in the main thread, he just wasn't ever meant to be the main guy, and that's OK. Having someone next to him that can take the offensive and defensive load allows him to play so much more in control.

Someone on Reddit posted the other day that they'd rather have an in-control KAT that scores 10 than an out-of-control 25 point game, and that was spot on I thought.

Heart in mouth stuff when he bottled that inbound pass though.

I said in the main thread, he just wasn't ever meant to be the main guy, and that's OK. Having someone next to him that can take the offensive and defensive load allows him to play so much more in control.

Someone on Reddit posted the other day that they'd rather have an in-control KAT that scores 10 than an out-of-control 25 point game, and that was spot on I thought.

Heart in mouth stuff when he bottled that inbound pass though.
perfect way to put it. earlier in the year, or it might've been last year, finch called it 'stray voltage' which i like too.

Mavs fan here. What you guys thinking about how this series will go?

Two lockdown defences I think it's going to be an absolute rock fight. I would not be surprised to see some 80-85 type scoring games.

I feel like two things will be harder for us compared to the OKC series. First I don't expect to dominate the glass like we did there. If anything you guys will dominate us on the glass. That will lead to less 2nd chance points. Two, I think your defenders will be better at closing out on our shooters than OKC.
Will be interesting to see if you guys blitz Luka (I think you will, which may be a mistake the way he's been playing). If you do and we find open shooters I think you have the length to close out to PJW/DJJ on the corner pretty well. We'll need to make those shots.

I think in our favour is that as a whole the OKC offence is stronger than yours, and we just shut that down pretty well. I'm a little worried about KATs (and Reids) outside shooting in a series where we don't have Kleber, and Ant is going to do Ant things regardless of coverage but apart from that I'm not too concerned about your other players on O. I could be wrong of course and Jaden or NAW get hot.

I think you'll see the Mavs stunting to the ball on drives and pushing into the help defence, then trying to recover quick enough to shooters in order to make them put it on the floor. I doubt we'll see any blitzes/doubles, at least initially. I think we'll be happy to give up contested mid-rangers.

I see a pretty strong advantage for Mavs on offence IF we can force switches for iso defence. I give Gobert and Conley no chance of defending Luka if left on an island. However if Minny can avoid switching and leave their defenders on their desired players (ie Jaden on Luka, Ant on Kyrie) then I think they can shut us down. I think blitzing Luka will be a mistake. DJJ/PJW/Gafford/Lively have all shown they can make the right play on the short roll.

One interesting wrinkle I see that might be pulled out this series is having Lively and Gafford in the corner to drag Rudy away. These guys have rarely shot 3s but it has been a huge focus in practice the last week or so. I think Kidd may play this card at some point in the series to give luka/kyrie more room in the lane.

Anyway, TWolves deserve to be favourites. Playing great ball right now and just beat the champs. My head says Wolves in 6 or 7 but hoping the Mavs can pull something out. One thing in our favour is we have the best player on the court - hoping Luka's knee feels a bit better with the extra rest (thank you Nuggs forcing game 7 haha)

Good luck, hopefully it's a close series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back