Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its going to be more even than last year and we will be seeing some cracking games. I think in terms of excitement, the mfl will have the gvfl covered in that aspect. I don't think I can confidently pick a team, this year for the flag and that includes my team rumba.
I honestly cant even pick a top 6, I think that it will come down to 9 teams fighting for those 6 spots and it wont be settled until the 2nd round.

I'm interested knowing why a few on here have United to fall away? Sure, the loss of Beatts and Faz will hurt, but they didn't play a great amount last season, and the boys still made the prelim.
With the big fella back fit,(looks like he's been eating "muscles" during his year off) and Huey plus some other handy recruits, I see them being right up there again.
Have other teams recruited that well?
Enjoying the evenness of the comp also. Cheers

Fair point. Gilligan went to rovers ???? Tyndall suspended ??? Bull be more then handy in the ruck for Deni

Sorry bigkev I wasn't too sure about Deni just going cockys word about recruits, I'm a little bit behind the 8 ball. Bummer about gilligan he would of been handy for Deni but might be trying to follow in old mans footsteps at rovers?? Strange!! . Thought big bully was near buggered and young jacko might try get a kick seeing he not gonna have tyndal to stuff around with. I will be looking forward to see how big Middleton goes in the league, he was more then capable of stepping up according to his old man.

Is the other games played on Saturdays or Friday?????

I will watch how Harley goes in the MFL with much interest. He had a year of massive improvement last year . Went from a pretty much stay at home forward to rotating through the middle and he did it well . Grew a lot of confidence as the year progressed , personally I think for his footy he may of went a year to early as I reckon he needed a full year at the level he finished . Hope I am wrong and his footy doesn't regress as he does have some ripping attributes , including a good set of hands and by foot .

Sorry bigkev I wasn't too sure about Deni just going cockys word about recruits, I'm a little bit behind the 8 ball. Bummer about gilligan he would of been handy for Deni but might be trying to follow in old mans footsteps at rovers?? Strange!! . Thought big bully was near buggered and young jacko might try get a kick seeing he not gonna have tyndal to stuff around with. I will be looking forward to see how big Middleton goes in the league, he was more then capable of stepping up according to his old man.

The big bull has a little left in the tank. With the tall timber the rams have he will be very well managed.

Sorry people just wanted to share-

I was listening Eddie McGuires hot breakfast podcast todayand this segmant made me sick. they were talking to a bloke named "John", who was playing for an unidentified club in an unidentified league. In his words, even though it was a practise match this weekend gone 27 of the 30 guys he was playing with he said had used Ice before the game as a performance enhancer. According to him he's not sure whether the coach and president encouraged it, but they certainly knew about it. John said that he also "had a hit" too as he was a paid player and didn't want to get shown up by others who weren't as highly paid....... I was shocked and sickened to a point of posting this story here.......... But here's one of the many questions I have- I am aware of drugs and more recently Ice being around as a party drug so to speak, but surely it hasn't gotten to the stage where people would actually compromise there standing and accept it as a performance enhancer? I might be oblivious to it but I haven't seen it to this extant in our league yet, has anyone else got any different experiences? I'm really keen to know, because the thought alone could make me walk away from footy altogether........

Can only hope little Smutley is definetly one of Finley's more important players and big Harley Middleton will more then stand up to murray league. Thrown in Reid Crowe and lachy small and those four all very fit and very good footballers should have the Finley fans quite excited

Can only hope little Smutley is definetly one of Finley's more important players and big Harley Middleton will more then stand up to murray league. Thrown in Reid Crowe and lachy small and those four all very fit and very good footballers should have the Finley fans quite excited

Is Smuttley playing for Finley? I seen on his Facebook in a different jersey. Somewhere around the wagga area?

I was listening Eddie McGuires hot breakfast podcast todayand this segmant made me sick. they were talking to a bloke named "John", who was playing for an unidentified club in an unidentified league. In his words, even though it was a practise match this weekend gone 27 of the 30 guys he was playing with he said had used Ice before the game as a performance enhancer. According to him he's not sure whether the coach and president encouraged it, but they certainly knew about it. John said that he also "had a hit" too as he was a paid player and didn't want to get shown up by others who weren't as highly paid....... I was shocked and sickened to a point of posting this story here.......... But here's one of the many questions I have- I am aware of drugs and more recently Ice being around as a party drug so to speak, but surely it hasn't gotten to the stage where people would actually compromise there standing and accept it as a performance enhancer? I might be oblivious to it but I haven't seen it to this extant in our league yet, has anyone else got any different experiences? I'm really keen to know, because the thought alone could make me walk away from footy altogether........

That was sort of an eye opener for me to, as far as the performance enhancing side. but lets get real are we really surprised? We all know how people react on the stuff all hyped up aggressive no fear perfect for football. Forget you might want a functioning brain later in life.

Sad as I too felt sick reading it. but in a resigned way knowing that nothing will change. In fact I bet it may very well increase the incidence of it. Unless some tough rules come in. Like if charged with striking you immediately have a drug test. If you fail it then it becomes a matter for the police?? That was just off the cuff.

to be honest I'm more concerned about those who don't use being injured by the hands of a "iced up" player.

Lighten up. The two newbies sound like you that's all.

I've just read the past 4 pages of thread and I don't see any real similar comment between me and big Kev, and as for the Finley bias? Because I said I like crowe as a chance for the bnf? Hardly Finley bias considering I tipped Deni by 70 in the league opener, I'm a GV boy at heart but always keep a close eye on the little brother league because a lot of past players end up in the MFL. I hope your Footy knowledge is better than your bigfooty anonymity assumptions, because you were way off.

I'm interested knowing why a few on here have United to fall away? Sure, the loss of Beatts and Faz will hurt, but they didn't play a great amount last season, and the boys still made the prelim.
With the big fella back fit,(looks like he's been eating "muscles" during his year off) and Huey plus some other handy recruits, I see them being right up there again.
Have other teams recruited that well?
Enjoying the evenness of the comp also. Cheers

Think they will be still around the mark rusty

Barnes Webb is a big loss

Is Liam guinan playing ? Very good player

I've just read the past 4 pages of thread and I don't see any real similar comment between me and big Kev, and as for the Finley bias? Because I said I like crowe as a chance for the bnf? Hardly Finley bias considering I tipped Deni by 70 in the league opener, I'm a GV boy at heart but always keep a close eye on the little brother league because a lot of past players end up in the MFL. I hope your Footy knowledge is better than your bigfooty anonymity assumptions, because you were way off.

4 pages is nowhere near enough bigkev and I have had a thing goin for 12 months geez maybe longer. You had to be here to understand. (Other posters just groaned)

Not sure why you would think I was having a go about anonymity?? we are all anonymous? Multiple ID's aren't allowed though.

BigKev and I enjoy trading jibes it's all good. The Finley boys have huge rapts on Reid Crowe, understandably he is a gun player. Just a bit of deni v Finley rivalry going on.

well at least you are polite to your little brother league. Bigkev acts like the middle brother and tries to belt his little brother league around the head every chance he gets. Pdfl young players often think middle brother mfl is the best option they need to learn to set their sights higher to your big brother league. I'm sure you will agree.

Oh and tipping deni by 70 is simply common sense. Ha ha

Cheers

Think they will be still around the mark rusty

Barnes Webb is a big loss

Is Liam guinan playing ? Very good player
Bryn gone aswell? Wasn't aware of that.Big loss indeed. As far as I know Liam is playing.
Early wins will be important for all sides wanting to be around in September with such a tight comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bryn gone aswell? Wasn't aware of that.Big loss indeed. As far as I know Liam is playing.
Early wins will be important for all sides wanting to be around in September with such a tight comp.

Has been cleared to the northern football league.

Had heard Guinan just wasn't playing this year.

Unfortunately the problem is growing its on our doorsteps , people around us are using . It's hard for me to believe its performance enhancing , would you not loose your judgement and reading of things around you

The anonymous claims in the last couple of days which includes some stories in yesterday major newspaper is concerning on two fronts . Firstly if it was true and secondly the fact in the newspaper that the person stated it wasn't a issue in his club or league , but was a issue in other areas .
Stone throwing at it's best .
Coaches or presidents instructing players to take or do anything that could unnecessarily affect their well being leave themselves open to litigation.
By no means do I think that there wouldn't be players within football clubs the use ICE , most likely it is in every football club in same form .
However I have serious concerns of the timing of these stories and the upcoming findings in the Essendon case to be honest .

Well I hope If that's the case Essendon are about to cop a good whack.

It's a pretty reckless story in some ways.
Could the idea that ICE could be performance enhancing make it tempting for players to try even if they haven't previously?? Hope not!!

Rumba played the last of its 3 warm up games yesterday for the now annual Alf Bamblett Memorial Trophy against Northern FL Div 2 side the Fitzroy Stars. Rumba went in with the best side it could put together on the day as they a had few of the better lads miss due to various reasons. Stars really wanted this one and put in a good side, which saw them get up by 6 points on their home ground.

The smaller metro ground didn't suit Rumba, but made the best of what they had to almost get the win. Our better players were Ash Miller doing a job on Djars Whyman, the Terlichs, the Wanganeens, ecca edwards and almost like a new recruit ruck man Benny Cox. Looking forward to seeing how he and Leon Johnson go together this season. Was also good to see Brad Dick get through the game as the only ex AFL player taking the ground his knowledge leading the young guys was exceptional. Although disappointed with the loss the boys played a hard game and with no injuries and plenty of talent to come in all looks good for round 1.

I only caught the 2nd half and I'm pretty sure Whyman had leather poisioning in the last qtr when he went on ball and turned the game, also got told he kicked 3 in the 1st half. Maybe Whyman done a number on Miller, IMO.

Well I hope If that's the case Essendon are about to cop a good whack.

It's a pretty reckless story in some ways.
Could the idea that ICE could be performance enhancing make it tempting for players to try even if they haven't previously?? Hope not!!

Sorry to harp on about this but we have a serious problem.

Today the Deniliquin Police on their Facebook page had a post quoting recent stories Goodgolly referred to. They were almost pleading with clubs to step up and say enough is enough.they went on to say "no club is immune and they are aware that more than one local club has the ICE problem in their confines".

I hope that presidents and coaches take these articles into their rooms sit with their players and say "we do not condone the use of ICE or any other illicit substance as a performance enhancer or for personal use. We value the well being of you as not only our players but as our mates and would never want a win to come at the cost of your leading a healthy life".

Put that in male talk if that's too female but I really hope this timely opportunity is taken to step up to the plate as the police obviously want us to do.

I don't know who people are on here I'm just hoping even one person in a position to initiate a response does so. Sometimes you have to confront things head on.

Back on footy now.

Today the Deniliquin Police on their Facebook page had a post quoting recent stories Goodgolly referred to. They were almost pleading with clubs to step up and say enough is enough.they went on to say "no club is immune and they are aware that more than one local club has the ICE problem in their confines".

I hope that presidents and coaches take these articles into their rooms sit with their players and say "we do not condone the use of ICE or any other illicit substance as a performance enhancer or for personal use. We value the well being of you as not only our players but as our mates and would never want a win to come at the cost of your leading a healthy life".

Put that in male talk if that's too female but I really hope this timely opportunity is taken to step up to the plate as the police obviously want us to do.

I don't know who people are on here I'm just hoping even one person in a position to initiate a response does so. Sometimes you have to confront things head on.

Back on footy now.

Good post mate,
Just wondering if the league or the AFL could provide a speaker to do it through all clubs.. This way it might be said that if you are caught and found guilty it will be a life ban from football..
Would this have a bigger impact on clubs and suggest it be addressed to sides from u16s upwards.
From what I understand it "might" be used by good players to get that extra edge, so the prospect of a life ban might hit home as well as unannounced league representives attending games..

Back on footy now.
well said ! This problem is far bigger than football !

Gee moama are quietly building a very handy side (based on clearance activity)

Your not wrong BK, Moama probably got a list similar to their premiership side from a few years back, it'll be interesting to see how they go. Them and Nathalia who I notice have also put together a great list judging by their clearances. Round 1 this week, can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not wrong BK, Moama probably got a list similar to their premiership side from a few years back, it'll be interesting to see how they go. Them and Nathalia who I notice have also put together a great list judging by their clearances. Round 1 this week, can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true I see nathalia and moama both playing finals so that means 2 need to drop out. Will be a tough even year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back