Preview NAB Challenge: Melbourne v Fremantle, Fremantle Oval - March 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I know i it's a preseason game but i'm finding it hard to contain my excitement as the match draws closer. Although you can't help but get a little excited at the things promised in the preseason
In 2013 we where horrible so Paul Roos promised to get us more defensive and structured and that happened in last years nab challenge
Last year we were defensive but unable to kick a winning score, so Paul Roos promised to build on defence and make us more offensive. So i hope that we follow the trend of the last NAB challenge and deliver on becoming more offensive
Wonder what we will improve on for next preseason
Winning perhaps.

But seriously that is the logical step. Be competitive in all areas of the game (not just defence or offence & so on) then turn that into wins.

Winning perhaps.

But seriously that is the logical step. Be competitive in all areas of the game (not just defence or offence & so on) then turn that into wins.

Considering everything Roos has said about the players needing to re-learn how to win. I would find it a bit surprising if winning games wasn't a key focus of our pre-season preperation

The thing I like about Freo supporters is that they are just as good at Dees supporters when it comes to recounting insanity inducing losses.

Austin Wonaeamirri's chubby, mirth laden face still haunts me in my dreams. I remember being angered initially when you made your run that day thinking we were blowing a chance at a heavy % booster :$

Austin Wonaeamirri's chubby, mirth laden face still haunts me in my dreams. I remember being angered initially when you made your run that day thinking we were blowing a chance at a heavy % booster :$

It's interesting how only 6 years later there are only about four or five players from either club still playing for their respective teams

It's interesting how only 6 years later there are only about four or five players from either club still playing for their respective teams

Yes. Our club's essentially remade. You'll find, too, that the older players who are left are an overwhelmingly positive influence on and off the field (I always laugh at criticism of our 'old' list, as if most other clubs wouldn't love to have Pav, Sandi and Luke at their disposal). When you are rebuilding and doing some cultural change you nevertheless need experienced, respected leadership to guide the process. This is what the youth obsessed fan boys don't understand.

Back to the Dees! My sense is that Melbourne have turned a similar corner some time in the past 12-18 months. It won't take long ...looking forward to seeing your guys show their stuff on Thursday!

Ah yes the roller-coaster ride of supporting freo pre-lyon. Beat the top teams and lose to the bottom ones. Makes your tipping bloody hard.

There was a game in 2004 as well against your mob at Subiaco. We were up by two goals at 3/4 time and looking good....then it started raining. We kicked 0 points to your 6.7 in the 4th quarter. Sigh.

http://finalsiren.com/MatchDetails.asp?GameID=1975&Code=bd615c0bbe04a39549731a14a61b6b8a

I remember sitting in the car for 45 mins in the carport listening to that game. Peter Vardy tore that last quarter to pieces.

Last year we were defensive but unable to kick a winning score, so Paul Roos promised to build on defence and make us more offensive. So i hope that we follow the trend of the last NAB challenge and deliver on becoming more offensive
Wonder what we will improve on for next preseason
Telling the umpires to get f'd, calling Crowley a c**t, just generally being offensive. ;)

Telling the umpires to get f'd, calling Crowley a campaigner, just generally being offensive. ;)
You need to stop sitting near me when we play Freo.

Good luck tonight fellas.
It will be interesting to see how Vandenberg, Newton, Toumpas and Salem go.
Hopefully it is a good match for you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no posts since yesterday, what the

its game day people, the trumpeter guy is polishing his instrument and emptying the spit valve.

hmm that sounds rude.

now who's got some goss?
It's the pre-season.

I went to a pre-season game last year and decided halfway through the third quarter that I'd seen enough and left. It's just a run around.

It's the pre-season.

I went to a pre-season game last year and decided halfway through the third quarter that I'd seen enough and left. It's just a run around.

Whilst I agree, I do think Melbourne have a little more than most other sides invested in this years preseason games.

We've got a bunch of potential new senior players to get a look at for a start, and we have been pretty open about bringing some intent early (because we are so s**t).

I think we'll get a reasonable look at how we intend to line up durin the season - at least in NAB 2 & 3, if not tonight.

so what new rules have they introduced this year to water the game down further? is it still three on the interchange plus the vest or have they reversed that ratio?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back