Universal Love Nathan Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to be a little fairer on Hardwick. Does anyone truly think it will make a difference whether he's tagged or not? Right now Fyfe sees opposition players as little more than ants, an extra ant or two trying to crawl up his shorts is annoying but not particularly inhibiting.

Martin vs Fyfe would be pretty good viewing though.

Doubt you'd see them together that much. Martin would spend a good deal of play fwd of centre - Hardwick would love it if Fyfe followed him there all day. Wont happen, Martin will be picked up when drifting fwd (which he does a lot) by Clancee, Duffman, Sutty or Ibbo and Fyfe will continue to run through the middle.

Doubt you'd see them together that much. Martin would spend a good deal of play fwd of centre - Hardwick would love it if Fyfe followed him there all day. Wont happen, Martin will be picked up when drifting fwd (which he does a lot) by Clancee, Duffman, Sutty or Ibbo and Fyfe will continue to run through the middle.

Yeah I agree, just saying it would be a good matchup even if only 5 minutes at a time.

Posted this on the media mega thread but thought I do it here (sorry mods if this isn't right)
Here's something for the Fyfe fans, thanks to nstock98 (great designs).
phone 4s and Iphone 5 background/screen savers:
142016_0ffbeae195bd11be8499d1adc3d2e1f8.jpg

142017_9009fd5ce166fd5c8e86f43f83037c87.jpg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-06-11/fyfe-the-fans-favourite

FREMANTLE star Nat Fyfe has rocketed ahead of dual Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett as the best player in the game, according to the fans.
Fyfe, this year's Brownlow Medal favourite, was voted the AFL's best player by a majority of supporters (55.7 per cent) in an extensive survey conducted for AFL.com.au and the AFL Record.

Fans haven't forgotten Ablett, who has played just two games this season, with 19.31 per cent still viewing him as the game's best, ahead of Pie Scott Pendlebury and Cat Joel Selwood.
Ablett's handover to Fyfe has happened rapidly, with just 3.3 per cent of fans ranking Fyfe as the “most exciting player” in the game in last year’s survey.

Fyfe also ranked behind Port Adelaide's Chad Wingard last year as the best young player to watch.

Fyfe's incredible start to this season, however, which has seen him take a 19-vote lead in the AFLCA Player of the Year award, has seen him shoot to the top.
Fyfe was also the player fans would most like at their club (44.81 per cent), ahead of Lance Franklin (9.98 per cent) and Patrick Dangerfield (8.4 per cent).
Brwonlow medallist Matt Priddis attracted 0.65 per cent of the vote.

A 9-1 start to the season was not enough to give the Dockers' a one-two punch, with coach Ross Lyon still ranked behind Hawthorn's triple premiership coach Alastair Clarkson as the game's best tactician.

Clarkson (37.94 per cent) was rated ahead of Lyon (28.95 per cent) and premiership coaches Paul Roos (9.51 per cent) and John Longmire (4.2 per cent).

Former Carlton coach Mick Malthouse – sacked several weeks ago while the survey was being conducted – still gathered 2.75 per cent of the vote, while third-year Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley (3.38 per cent) remained a popular choice.

More than 23,000 supporters took part in the survey, providing insights on how they view the state of the game, the supporter experience and the AFL's players, coaches and clubs.

Fyfe was also the player fans would most like at their club (44.81 per cent), ahead of Lance Franklin (9.98 per cent) and Patrick Dangerfield (8.4 per cent).
More than 23,000 supporters took part in the survey, providing insights on how they view the state of the game, the supporter experience and the AFL's players, coaches and clubs.
23000 x 0.65% = 149.5.

Roughly 150 people would choose Priddis as the player they would most like at their club.

150 - WTF!!!!!

FREMANTLE star Nat Fyfe has rocketed ahead of dual Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett as the best player in the game, according to the fans.
Fyfe, this year's Brownlow Medal favourite, was voted the AFL's best player by a majority of supporters (55.7 per cent) in an extensive survey conducted for AFL.com.au and the AFL Record.

Fans haven't forgotten Ablett, who has played just two games this season, with 19.31 per cent still viewing him as the game's best, ahead of Pie Scott Pendlebury and Cat Joel Selwood.
Ablett's handover to Fyfe has happened rapidly, with just 3.3 per cent of fans ranking Fyfe as the “most exciting player” in the game in last year’s survey.

Fyfe also ranked behind Port Adelaide's Chad Wingard last year as the best young player to watch.

Fyfe's incredible start to this season, however, which has seen him take a 19-vote lead in the AFLCA Player of the Year award, has seen him shoot to the top.

A 9-1 start to the season was not enough to give the Dockers' a one-two punch, with coach Ross Lyon still ranked behind Hawthorn's triple premiership coach Alastair Clarkson as the game's best tactician.

Clarkson (37.94 per cent) was rated ahead of Lyon (28.95 per cent) and premiership coaches Paul Roos (9.51 per cent) and John Longmire (4.2 per cent).

Former Carlton coach Mick Malthouse – sacked several weeks ago while the survey was being conducted – still gathered 2.75 per cent of the vote, while third-year Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley (3.38 per cent) remained a popular choice.

The funny thing about the Malthouse votes is that this survey was available after he'd been sacked.

For the record I voted Dangerfield for player I most wanted to come to our club, because we already have Fyfe, no need to get him again.

The funny thing about the Malthouse votes is that this survey was available after he'd been sacked.

For the record I voted Dangerfield for player I most wanted to come to our club, because we already have Fyfe, no need to get him again.

That would explain how Priddis polled so high. Eagles fans didn't understand the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted for budy imagine him in our forward line, we'd be unbeatable .

Where does Fyfe rank in Freo's history? Is he already top 5? top 3? I know that's putting alot of pressure on the guy, but apart from Pavlich I can't remember any other docker rank this highly in AFL, if ever.

Where does Fyfe rank in Freo's history? Is he already top 5? top 3? I know that's putting alot of pressure on the guy, but apart from Pavlich I can't remember any other docker rank this highly in AFL, if ever.

Top 3 with Pav and Sandi but should take over the #1 mantle soon enough.

Yeah, but no other Freo player has ever been considered the #1 player in the AFL. It won't be long until he's considered the greatest Docker ever.

I remember when I was younger and our midfield was absolutely terrible, thinking to myself how awesome it would be if we had a genuine superstar all australian midfielder that everyone always talked about as being really good

Young docker fans today must have it so easy when arguing with their mates about footy at school. Just drop the nat fyfe trump card

Yeah, but no other Freo player has ever been considered the #1 player in the AFL. It won't be long until he's considered the greatest Docker ever.

Good point. But Pav has demonstrated a remarkable longevity. To be 8 times leading goalkicker, 6 times Doig winner and 6 time All-Australian, (as well as being bizarrely snubbed by the AA committee in 2012) over a twelve year period is an extraordinary achievement. Fyfe may hit higher heights, but only if he can sustain it over a long period will he be regarded as greater than Pav. Three years of awesomeness is not enough to surpass Pav.

I remember when I was younger and our midfield was absolutely terrible, thinking to myself how awesome it would be if we had a genuine superstar all australian midfielder that everyone always talked about as being really good

Young docker fans today must have it so easy when arguing with their mates about footy at school. Just drop the nat fyfe trump card

I suspect there's a lot of young kids who are docker fans purely because of Nat Fyfe. It will Be interesting to see the surge of docker popularity among the young folks over the next few years as Fyfe dominates the comp. We have never before had a player who is such a marketing drawcard.

Good point. But Pav has demonstrated a remarkable longevity. To be 8 times leading goalkicker, 6 times Doig winner and 6 time All-Australian, (as well as being bizarrely snubbed by the AA committee in 2012) over a twelve year period is an extraordinary achievement. Fyfe may hit higher heights, but only if he can sustain it over a long period will he be regarded as greater than Pav. Three years of awesomeness is not enough to surpass Pav.

I don't necessarily disagree. But say at the end of this year Fyfe is a Browlow medalist, two time AFLPA MVP, winner of the AFL Coaches award, and has multiple All Australians and Doig medals (maybe even Norm Smith :D). It will be a tough argument then.

Fyfe is playing the kind of season that is done once every 20 years, at best. His influence over a game of football is unparalleled in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back