NBA 2k10 Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

am i just s**t rite, or is my player mode really **** off hard? got the game today, jumped straight into playoffs on whatever the default difficulty is and had no probs, undefeated to the title. then i give my player a crack, got cut from summer camp and am now getting d and f ratings in the d-league?

focussed my stats on shooting (meaning i can't even pass properly) yet my guy still can't shoot for s**t, especially if there's anyone within 50 meters, and then when i finally do make a shot my teammates dont give me props for it? any tips for what to spend skill points on/what player is easiest? thinking i'll have to start again seeing as i used up all my drills and my guy/me are so s**t i'm getting negative points every game :eek:

No props for hitting shots, only for an And-1, taking a good shot even if you do miss or 2/2 from the FT line get you a upgrade.

Assists, screens, boxing out, positioning and rebounding are what will increase your team mate rating mostly, or how I play anyway.

Be aware though that your team mate rating and your game performance rating aren't always in line.

Lastly, being in the NBA was never meant to be easy, but it does get easier after a while, even though my inclusion onto the Mavs has coincided into turning them from a contender to a lottery team for some reason I don't understand. Except for the fact Rick Carlisle is playing me a 6'3' guard at SF and Josh Howard at PF, but anyway . . .

The coaches in My Player mode are actually half wits. My Player who averages about 28/7/5 still doesn't get a regular start. Fair enough he's only rated 57 but it's stupid when I come on after 10 seconds and the guy I replace doesn't come back on the court at all. I think its time to bump up the awareness ratings.

Like sblack said, won't it become stupidly easy after a couple of seasons? I'll probably end up with a rating in the 70s after the first season, imagine after the 3rd season. You could pretty much become a player with 99 for every attribute and finish your career with sixty thousand career points

Do you reckon you could play forever?

Does it just stop when you get to 36? I doubt it would and my best guess is that if you're still performing well for your team, theoretically you could play until you're 40+, Mutumbo style

Playing as a point guard got signed by the nets. Running the pick and roll with Brook Lopez is easy assists as he rarely misses anything 10 feet from the ring. Coach loves to play some serious small ball with me at PG, harris at SG, Alston at SF, and terrence williams at PF. Which results in the oppositions SF dominating alston in the post and scoring at will. The nets are terrible though and i cant wait to change teams.

I'm assuming if you start in the d league and play in the nba you can't win ROTY. My stats were far superior to that of Terrence Williams but I didn't get it.

My team was really struggling towards the end of the regular season because of aLaMarcus shoulder injury thaks to one of my wayward passes.

Playing as a point guard got signed by the nets. Running the pick and roll with Brook Lopez is easy assists as he rarely misses anything 10 feet from the ring. Coach loves to play some serious small ball with me at PG, harris at SG, Alston at SF, and terrence williams at PF. Which results in the oppositions SF dominating alston in the post and scoring at will. The nets are terrible though and i cant wait to change teams.

I'm a PF on the Nets and we have the best record in the NBA easily :O

That was me on the sixers - so happy to get off that team as the PG was rubbish and Iguodala was constantly in my area.

Season ended - chose Orlando. It's kickass with Howard and Nelson (Carter doesn't give me too much grief. I'm sixth man behind Lewis at SF, but as soon as they turf Bass and put Lewis at PF, it's a kickass team.

That was me on the sixers - so happy to get off that team as the PG was rubbish and Iguodala was constantly in my area.

Season ended - chose Orlando. It's kickass with Howard and Nelson (Carter doesn't give me too much grief. I'm sixth man behind Lewis at SF, but as soon as they turf Bass and put Lewis at PF, it's a kickass team.

I ended up sticking with the pistons, four games into the new season we're 2-2. thrashed boston and bulls, destroyed by Milwaukee and Denver so far. Milwaukee picked up two beast rookies and i could do nothing to stop them rebounding and scoring at will... bastards...

Anyone else had the displeasure of playing alongside Danilo Gallinari? Throws up s**t shot after s**t shot, and misses the vast majority of them. So frustrating.

I was a SF playing on the Magic, I took Lewis' starting spot but they just send him to the bench and keep Bass as the starting PF.

They'll play Lewis at the 4 during the game but they won't start him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got 46/8/3 in a game of 5 minute quarters just then ... (3OT Loss to the Magic :p)

Oh, and the next time I hear "You can count it that both teams want to win that game" I will kill someone. stupidest bit of commentry ever.

I'm playing at the moment with a rule not to request a single pass and see how many points i can get.

A high of 33. Jameer only shares when he cares.

What rating are you guys up to, bringing up stats like that?
73. Trying to get 3pt up atm but need about 1600 per point, so I'm going about 1 a game.

Top stats are Mid range - 92, OB Defence - 89, and then Inside and Close mid 80s

Righto, at least I know what to look forward to when I finally get to have a decent player. I'm at 54 at the moment. :eek:
Playing 12min qtrs though. Makes it more realistic. Game scores are perfect. Stars score well. Makes the game good. Takes about 1hr to play a game though.

WTF.

Finished the season, won the championship (beat Cavs 4-1) and now I can't seem to do anything. After the final game just went into the finals MVP it said me and it wanted me to press start to continue but when I did nothing happened so i went back and it went to the normal homepage screen. 10 New drills came up and when i went to play next game nothing happened. Finished all the drills and still nothing. Their's nothing on the schedule or anything.

WTF!??
My 2k10 is weird..

Are you on PC? thats a bug that wont be fixed till it gets patched.

My overall is only 60 PHX, but i'm an absolute beast in teh low block (inside shots, close shots, shoot in traffic, offensive low post, layup, dunk, strength and standing dunk are all > 80). It's pretty much an automatic 2 as soon as i get the ball within 12 feet.

I am doing all my physical stats atm, vert and stamina are 99 but quickness and especially speed is gonna take a while (1.6k per point and its only at 50 :O)

I'm a PF on the Nets and we have the best record in the NBA easily :O
my starting PF is Eduardo Najara, with pretty much no backup because they traded sean williams (who isnt much chop either) for thabo sefolosha. Cant wait to get off the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back