NBA All-Time Mixin' It Up Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

This pick was tough. I really thought hard of picking up Wade as I do think he is number 3 on the all time list of SGs, but I'm picking someone who would be probably be between 5-10 on that list, just because he fits better with the team.

With LeBron and Stockton getting in the lane who better than one of the best shooters in the history of the game Reggie Miller for the catch and shoot 3.

Perfect fit. Also an underrated defender and clutch.

And I didn't want everyone to pick all the announcers and I'd be left with Marv Albert coming off the bench! o_O

Up next is Danger in Texas

"With the 14th pick in the NBA All-Time Mixin' It Up Draft, the Forget-Me-Nows select...

Jerry West, from the University of East Bank."

NBA-logo-psd15019.png

Seriously, who better than to pick up than the logo of the NBA, arguably the greatest shooting guard that ever lived bar Michael Jordan? The ultimate shooter, he shot 3's in a time when the 3pt line wasn't even there, and players were reluctant to shoot from long distance. He was a credible defender, a marvelous clutch performer, a very good rebounder and passer for his size, and a great teammate. His team won his championships because of him, not Wilt.

Accolades:
  • NBA champion (1972)
  • NBA Finals MVP (1969)
  • 14× NBA All-Star (1960–1974)
  • NBA All-Star Game MVP (1972)
  • 10× All-NBA First Team (1962–1967, 1970–1973)
  • 2× All-NBA Second Team (1968, 1969)
  • 4× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1970–1973)
  • NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1969)
  • NBA scoring champion (1970)
  • NBA assists leader (1972)
  • NBA 35th Anniversary Team
  • NBA 50th Anniversary Team
  • No. 44 retired by Los Angeles Lakers
  • NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player (1959)
  • 2× SoCon Player of the Year (1959–1960)
  • 2× Consensus first team All-American (1959–1960)
That's a mighty list there. One of which only a mighty player could achieve.

Gifs:

5N1bqfp.gif

giphy.gif

1Q0mhDq.gif

"With the 19th pick in the NBA All-Time Mixin' It Up Draft, the Forget-Me-Nows select...

Karl Malone, from the University of Louisiana Tech."

540_293_resize_20130701_5e6167d2538bdc62d6c5c60c7a43256b_jpg.jpg

The Mailman. Arguably the greatest player to execute the pick and roll. Imagine Karl setting the pick for Magic to create a wide open layup, or Malone rolling off creating space for himself so Magic can alley-oop it to him. Mouth-watering stuff. Anyway, Malone was just a beast of his time. Great scorer, great defender, great rebounder, just an all-round beast. Sure, he wouldn't have made the same effect if it wasn't for Stockton, but the better version in Magic will make him even more effective.

Accolades:
  • 2× NBA Most Valuable Player (1997, 1999)
  • 14× NBA All-Star (1988–1998, 2000–2002)
  • 2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1989, 1993)
  • 11× All-NBA First Team (1989–1999)
  • 2× All-NBA Second Team (1988, 2000)
  • All-NBA Third Team (2001)
  • 3× All-Defensive First Team (1997–1999)
  • All-Defensive Second Team (1988)
  • NBA All-Rookie Team (1986)
  • Utah Jazz all-time leading scorer
  • No. 32 retired by Utah Jazz
  • NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
  • Louisiana Tech Athletic Hall of Fame (1992)
Gifs:

bp5sC2a.gif

fk8OQZx.gif

karl-malone-o.gif

"With the 30th pick in the NBA All-Time Mixin' It Up Draft, the Forget-Me-Nows select...

Patrick Ewing, from the University of Georgetown."

ewing.jpg

An absolutely unstoppable force. Although the rest of the NBA world was left wondering what could have been if Ewing played next to another dominant force, Ewing was an all-time great. His defensive and scoring prowess was unparalleled. His rebounding, although not elite, was still very good, averaging a solid 12 per game once in his career. He was never able to carry the Knicks to an NBA title, however I am sure that he would succeed to the maximum with great players around him. Malone and Ewing guarding the paint? Yes please!

Accolades:
  • 11× NBA All-Star (1986, 1988–1997)
  • All-NBA First Team (1990)
  • 6× All-NBA Second Team (1988–1989, 1991–1993,1997)
  • 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1988–1989,1992)
  • NBA Rookie of the Year (1986)
  • NBA All-Rookie First Team (1986)
  • New York Knicks all-time leading scorer
  • No. 33 retired by the New York Knicks
  • NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
  • NCAA champion (1984)
  • NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player (1984)
  • College national player of the year (1985)
  • 3× Consensus first team All-American (1983–1985)
  • 2× Big East Conference Player of the Year (1984–85)
Gifs:

giphy.gif

mutomboewing1.gif

ewing1.gif

PG: Magic Johnson (coached NBA team)
SG: Jerry West (50 greatest players)
SF:
PF: Karl Malone (All-Star MVP)
C: Patrick Ewing (born overseas)

Fear us.

stewie griffen up.

Surprised Ewing slipped that much. If I didn't already have all my big men, I probably would have taken him. Nice pick.

Surprised Ewing slipped that much. If I didn't already have all my big men, I probably would have taken him. Nice pick.
It's an interesting one. Ewing is probably one of the worst of the ATG centers, along with Robinson and a couple of others, but seeing as centers were dropping like flies in the first few rounds, it was a bit of a surprise.

Right guys im still being incredibly lazy with no write ups but a lil uder the pump in RL

So for my 4th and 5th selections to round out the starting 5

Dwayne Wade and Steve Nash

leaving me with

C - Hakeem Olajuwon (first overall pick)
PF - Kevin McHale (coached an NBA team)
SF - Dr Julius Erving (50 greatest players)
SG - Dwayne Wade (two or more championships)
PG - Steve Nash (born internationally)

stewie griffen

That's a good starting 5 Wacky. 2 best post players ever, add in Dr J, Nash and Wade for some flair - jizz-worthy, IMO.

"With the 35th pick in the NBA All-Time Mixin' It Up Draft, the Forget-Me-Nows select...

Kevin Garnett, from Farragut Academy."

kevin-garnett-mean-getty.jpg

That is the ultimate game face. Absolutely just for the ultimate forward of the modern era. Guarantee it, put Garnett in the 60's and he would be an unstoppable force, offensively and defensively. With such great range for a big man, he was a great defender, being an All-Defensive team member 12 times. One of the greatest inside/outside big men ever. Although he couldn't carry the T-Wolves to a championship, he proved that he was at his most effective playing alongside two great players in Truth and Ray-Ray, winning a championship and coming mighty close to winning more. Playing alongside Malone and Ewing will do him wonders. Amazed I got him here, tbh. Will be a SF for now. Was a 4-time rebounding champion, so he'll be my 'led the league in one aspect' category.

Accolades:
  • NBA champion (2008)
  • NBA Most Valuable Player (2004)
  • 15× NBA All-Star (1997–1998, 2000–2011, 2013)
  • NBA All-Star Game MVP (2003)
  • 4× All-NBA First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2008)
  • 3× All-NBA Second Team (2001–2002, 2005)
  • 2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2007)
  • NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2008)
  • 9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000–2005,2008–2009, 2011)
  • 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2006–2007,2012)
  • NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1996)
  • J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award (2006)
  • 4× NBA rebounding champion (2004–2007)
  • Minnesota Timberwolves all-time leading scorer
  • McDonald's All-American MVP (1995)
  • Illinois Mr. Basketball (1995)
Gifs:

tumblr_inline_n8ex0wXZ6R1qmsz0a.gif

835612548.gif

kevin-garnett-o.gif

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Jerry West
SF: Kevin Garnett
PF: Karl Malone
C: Patrick Ewing

fidstar

That's a good starting 5 Wacky. 2 best post players ever, add in Dr J, Nash and Wade for some flair - jizz-worthy, IMO.
I like it and for the fact ive done absolutely no ******* research its turned out alright:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not 100% happy with by Pettit pick because the stats are probably a bit inflated. But then at the same time people consider Russell and Chamberlain as probable top 5 all-time players partly because of the crazy stats. Pettit was a winner too, he just played in the same era as the most successful team ever.

People do research for these things?
I do a bit of research. About 5-10 minutes into each pick. I like to create a team and not just get the best individual players.
I'm not 100% happy with by Pettit pick because the stats are probably a bit inflated. But then at the same time people consider Russell and Chamberlain as probable top 5 all-time players partly because of the crazy stats. Pettit was a winner too, he just played in the same era as the most successful team ever.
I think it's mostly because back in the Russell days, he was one of the biggest guys out there at 6'9. Since you have Pettit at PF, he fits the position's size so that helps a bit.

Not saying it just because I picked him, but I feel Wilt would still be a top 10, arguably top 5 player if he played his whole career in the modern era. His stats wouldn't be as inflated, but he is still 7'1 and just generally a HUGE guy, with.

I need a 4 and the best ones have been taken.

I've gone with Bob Pettit. The guy averaged 26 and 16 in his career. He only played 11 years but in those 11 years he won 2 MVPs and was named all-nba 1st team in 10 of those seasons.

He averaged over 20 ppg in every season he played and his worst rebounding season was 12.4 rpg. So at his worst he was a 20/12 guy. Not bad. Michael Jordan is the only other player to average better than 20ppg in every season they played.

While I do think guys from the 50-60s were overrated, I can't pass on this guy.

And I really wanted to pick Dennis!

He is a former coach, for all of 6 games...

I need a 4 and the best ones have been taken.

I've gone with Bob Pettit. The guy averaged 26 and 16 in his career. He only played 11 years but in those 11 years he won 2 MVPs and was named all-nba 1st team in 10 of those seasons.

He averaged over 20 ppg in every season he played and his worst rebounding season was 12.4 rpg. So at his worst he was a 20/12 guy. Not bad. Michael Jordan is the only other player to average better than 20ppg in every season they played.

While I do think guys from the 50-60s were overrated, I can't pass on this guy.

And I really wanted to pick Dennis!

He is a former coach, for all of 6 games...
Pettit is with JP Sauce mate.

Let's try...

Elvin Hayes

In his first 3 seasons averaged 28/17. Finished his career as a 21/12 guy and his numbers are only that low due to his last two or three seasons, which dragged down the averages. Super-durable only missing 9 games in 16 seasons.

To finish off my starting 5, I'm putting another high flying acrobatic dunking superstar on my team. No matter who you support, no matter who you like or who you hate, you are going to tune in every night to watch my team.

Dominique Wilkins

dominique wilkins.jpg

One of the greatest SF's of all time, his scoring abilities were out of control. Compared to other all-time greats, his defense has questions marks but remember, he has Shaq and Wilt standing behind him.

But for what he lacks on D, he must up for it on O. Simply one of the best, and most entertaining, scorers to ever play the game. His role looks like it would suit a second fiddle to another superstar wing player, which I have in Clyde Drexler.

This glorious creation was born in Paris, France so he is my internationally born player.

Current team
PG - Isiah Thomas (Coached an NBA team)
SG - Clyde Drexler (Is/has been an NBA Announcer/TV Analyst)
SF - Dominique Wilkins (Born overseas)
PF - Shaquille O'Neal (Played for 4 or more teams)
C - Wilt Chamberlain (Led the league in one aspect)

JP Sauce up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back