Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say Kingsley has really impressed me more than any emerging coach that's come along of recent times.

Really down to earth ,honest , seems to get the best out of the players he has to work with. And they go well under adversity.

Dunno why we'd want them in the finals and not the Dogs.
I’m the same; outside of Fages, easily my favourite coach of an opposition club and you can see the player slice playing for him. Shame we didn’t help out the Giants a little more by not beating the Saints by a lot more.

As much as I don't care about the Saints, forcing them to play MCG is wrong when their home ground all year is Marvel.

As much as I don't care about the Saints, forcing them to play MCG is wrong when their home ground all year is Marvel.
If it was good enough for us to have to a play home preliminary final at the MCG in 2004 because of MCG quotas, it’s good enough for the Saints playing a home state final against an interstate team at the MCG.

Carlton players don’t get suspended at finals time. Precedent well set.
To be fair any precedence on that has to be at least a decade old at this point!

Toby with the post match interview drive by on wietering
I literally laughed at that one. I think Toby was more pissed off at having to miss time because of the blood rule - if it hadn't had an impact like him leaving the field I doubt he'd have said anything.

I literally laughed at that one. I think Toby was more pissed off at having to miss time because of the blood rule - if it hadn't had an impact like him leaving the field I doubt he'd have said anything.

I’m just hamming it up a bit bc it has sent all the Carlton nuffies into overdrive with fear

I’m just hamming it up a bit bc it has sent all the Carlton nuffies into overdrive with fear
Weitering should absolutely miss a game for what it's worth - in general the only reason players have gotten off is because the match review claims they can't prove it happened (e.g. Toby the first week he tried it). It's hard to argue that when there's blood streaming down the guy's face.

Weitering should absolutely miss a game for what it's worth - in general the only reason players have gotten off is because the match review claims they can't prove it happened (e.g. Toby the first week he tried it). It's hard to argue that when there's blood streaming down the guy's face.

I think the blood might have been in the other eye to the one wietering raked

I think the blood might have been in the other eye to the one wietering raked
You think Toby can tell his left from his right???

Under the Dayne Zorko ruling it has to be a week.

Him getting off would be another example of the Vic bias, not that we needed more

You think Toby can tell his left from his right???

Toby had one of those gag blood packs in his pocket but applied it to the wrong eye, ffs toby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Berry being in a prone and vulnerable position, trying to protect himself, seemed to be the key to him not getting suspended last year.

Weitering doesn't have that excuse on his side, but I'm sure the AFL will find a way to get him off.

Berry being in a prone and vulnerable position, trying to protect himself, seemed to be the key to him not getting suspended last year.

Weitering doesn't have that excuse on his side, but I'm sure the AFL will find a way to get him off.
Berry was given a week and had to fight it to get off.
So Weitering should have to do the same.
Probably for the same result.

Melksham did his ACL. Poor guy.
A potential replacement, Luke Dunstan, also did his knee in the VFL playing for Casey. Knee injuries at the end of the year are cruel, basically one year totally wiped out.

was fairly obvious what the outcome would be given its a carlton player

was it cerra earlier this year who escaped suspension for a dump tackle where all the analogous cases has resulted in a 1 week ban?

Never any doubt he would get a fine.

Yet another farcical decision by Christian,big VIC club bias at its best!
So sick of the crap that the MRO dishes up.

Yet another farcical decision by Christian,big VIC club bias at its best!
So sick of the crap that the MRO dishes up.
There's absolutely no difference between Zorko and Jacob with Berry being more inconclusive to either.

The MRO is a standing joke with the players and all involved and one thing it is is predictable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back