Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne the team to beat for mine.

Yeah Melbourne the biggest threat I think, particularly with Fritsch back who makes such a big difference. He has won them this game against the Swans
Agree, I reckon the Demons beat the Pies in their QF, which would mean we could play the Pies in a Prelim at the Gabba if results go according to rankings.

Melbourne is the only side in it that worries me. Aside from their top end players, they’ve beaten up on us previously and I worry more about our psychology in those games. I think we probably have a similar edge on Pies or Port.

Would Carlton rather play Sydney or the Dogs?

Dogs.

Dogs are genuine cannon fodder. Sydney is a bit of a wild card with some really good players.

Pretty much bamboozled that people seem to think Melbourne is the team to beat.

They've won it before and they are getting all personnel back - Oliver has returned, Fritsch this round etc. Experience does count in the end.

They have an easier route to Grand final if they take care of Pies in QF1.

They've won it before and they are getting all personnel back - Oliver has returned, Fritsch this round etc. Experience does count in the end.

They have an easier route to Grand final if they take care of Pies in QF1.

Great players being great in finals is easy to see happening again. Port (or us for that matter) shaking off the 'choker' tag will require it happening for people to buy it.

Pretty much bamboozled that people seem to think Melbourne is the team to beat.

Other than a good win against us in round one—where weird results happen often—Port’s record against good sides is pretty poor. Lost to Collingwood twice including a thrashing, scraped past Melbourne at home, thrashed by Carlton. They have by some distance the lowest percentage in the top 4.

I think they’re like us from 2-3 years ago. They beat decent sides well, but I don’t think they’re balanced enough to beat good sides in high pressure games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s Curnow-centricity brings into play the danger for them of him being manhandled and double teamed out of contests in finals. Or an injury. And, with Daicos out, it appears that Curnow is the new messiah.

Toby Greene is the best high stakes player in the game, who lifts in big moments.

Carlton’s Curnow-centricity brings into play the danger for them of him being manhandled and double teamed out of contests in finals. Or an injury. And, with Daicos out, it appears that Curnow is the new messiah.

Toby Greene is the best high stakes player in the game, who lifts in big moments.
Billy Longer >>> Toby Greene.

Tom Green a tad special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back