Norman Ross' Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

yer good read but for richmonds thats pretty shizzza. the chances are we could get cornelius with our second pick and get mckernan/ johnston, trengrove with pick 8#. i would be dissapointed if that was the way it turned out for the tiges on draft day:thumbsdown:

This is what I dont understand, a kid like Cornelius who has played a year and a half vs men and held his own, or Mckernan who played well in th 18's carnival but hasnt really fired too many shots after that?

53 – Fremantle – Jarrad Blight – Blight initially started this year running fom the Half Back flank, he was then pushed into the middle with great success. Has a huge vertical leap and from all testing seems to be very fit. He will develop into another of these tall midfielders who can run all day. Similar to Matt Rosa physically, however he does use the ball well. Can sometimes get caught up in his thoughts and gets himself into trouble, but his awareness will develop.

I have not seen this guy play but I have heard good things about him. Any reason why you have him going this low?

I have not seen this guy play but I have heard good things about him. Any reason why you have him going this low?

There's alot of talent ahead of him, thats not to say he couldnt go in the second round, just think he can get himself into trouble thinking about two or more options at once.

Forgets there's a bloke chasing him, I'll hunt down some footage for you.

http://web.me.com/stuartblight/JarradBlight/index.htm

Great size, good engine and his skills are more than acceptable. Will fall into that category of nowhere in the AFL.

Just a tiny bit undersized for a KP, and perhaps too tall for a permanent mid. Utility or third tall IMO.

There's alot of talent ahead of him, thats not to say he couldnt go in the second round, just think he can get himself into trouble thinking about two or more options at once.

Forgets there's a bloke chasing him, I'll hunt down some footage for you.

Great size, good engine and his skills are more than acceptable. Will fall into that category of nowhere in the AFL.

Just a tiny bit undersized for a KP, and perhaps too tall for a permanent mid. Utility or third tall IMO.

Some fella posted this a few days ago

http://web.me.com/stuartblight/JarradBlight/index.htm

As a Saints supporter, this phantom draft suits our needs perfectly. A couple of quick mids and a key defender.

#13 - Sam Blease
#47 - Hamish Shepheard
#48 - Dayne Beams
#63 - John Mayner

I would like to know more about these two, especially Hamish (195cm) good size for KPD.

Because he's a Queensland lad?

Seems to be drawing a fair bit of heat and had a great champs.

If he was there at our third pick I reckon we'd be over the moon. Wouldn't be surprised if he was in consideration for our second pick either.

Watched Beams many times and i think he will be a good player. Good size, athletic and has great skills. Got injured in the Granny but just before it happened so quickly, he stepped a bloke and under pressure kicked a goal from 45m out on the boundry line.

Watched Beams many times and i think he will be a good player. Good size, athletic and has great skills. Got injured in the Granny but just before it happened so quickly, he stepped a bloke and under pressure kicked a goal from 45m out on the boundry line.

Have you seen him play alot in queensland footy this year hard for us to get a measure on where hes going to go in the draft shifter had him as a first round prospect maybe 10-20?

Yeah watched him play seniors in the QLD comp. He will be a good player but i highly doubt he is worth or will get a top 25 odd pick. He wont go earlier than Brisbanes second and I would imagine they might hope to get him with their third. Probably go somewhere in the third for mine.

Was delisted by Sydney today...any updates on this one?

Kristin will be at Sydney next year as a Rookie.

He is going to nominate for the national draft, Carlton and a couple of other clubs have shown some interest but Sydney have given him an assurance that should no one pick him up in the ND, he will be re-rookied by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would i be able to have a bit more info on Alroy Gilligan, height, weight, age? I wasnt to sure what type of player you were describing him as, you said he was quick, so is he a midfielder? That would be very much appreciated. and well done on a well thought out mock draft.

What happened to the saints picking up Benny Cousins late?

Blease is a great mid but if Trengrove drops to the saints then Rossy Lyon will take a KP Defender (CHB) any day of the week. Rossy loves his key defenders and has stated this year how hard they are to get.

All depends on McGuires progress and whether internally the saints feel he will make it back to AFL. If we take a KPD than it all but seals Goose's future sadly.

Whats the deal with Yarran?

He was hovering around pick #13 a week ago in everyones Mock drafts now this week people are throwing him in the top ten as high as pick #6. Yarran is boom or bust out of this draft, everyone wants a piece of him with those silky moves and we all know he carries some baggage. The million dollar question is who will roll the dice?

I personally would having seen him play.

Whats the deal with Yarran?

He was hovering around pick #13 a week ago in everyones Mock drafts now this week people are throwing him in the top ten as high as pick #6. Yarran is boom or bust out of this draft, everyone wants a piece of him with those silky moves and we all know he carries some baggage. The million dollar question is who will roll the dice?

I personally would having seen him play.

Could you explain this baggage to us all?

Could you explain this baggage to us all?

Lazy and a poor work ethic is what I've heard on the grape vine. AFL football could be too much effort for him mentally. Seems to be in third gear most of the time, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Could be the next nicky winmar or andrew mcLeod:) or the next Lovett or Sampi:(. Hope his head is screwed on.

That said there was similiar talk around Buddy Franklin before he was drafted.

Lazy and a poor work ethic is what I've heard on the grape vine. AFL football could be too much effort for him mentally. Seems to be in third gear most of the time, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Could be the next nicky winmar or andrew mcLeod:) or the next Lovett or Sampi:(. Hope his head is screwed on.

That said there was similiar talk around Buddy Franklin before he was drafted.

By Grapevine, you mean you've read it or heard it from one person who has probably never met the boy and taken it as gospel.

This is what frustrates me about this place, it can be so toxic.

If a bloke plays in a fashion that is smooth and appears too silky he is deemed "a lazy footballer" this onfield label then somehow manages to transfer to his off field life.

He then has attitude problems. It's pathetic. Having worked with Neville and Chris I can tell you that both have exceptional attitudes and it is a credit to the pair of them that they have maintained the focus and find themselves in a position to be drafted.

I cant wait to see Chris tear it up next year. He is going to be a fantastic, high quality player.

Norman last year I thought Yarran would end up in the midfield but was less convinced of this this year. Not only conditioning but his ground work was not as clean in the middle as up forward. Do you know what effect his injury early in the year had on his midfield work? He obviously lost some condition but was it the case that it was decided that he had lost too much condition and the effort was put into working on his forward skills rather than midfield ones?

Personally I think Yarran would be a fantastic fit for St Kilda. We have a number of holes but someone who has some magic & can change a game in a few minutes is an urgent need. We haven't had a player with real X-factor since the glory days of Neil Elvis Winmar.

My priorities for #13 would be

Yarran, Swift, Blease, Heyne, Shoenmakers, Trengove, Johnstone, Hill

Having said that, there's bound to be someone that is a lock in top 10 on BF that will slide (Yarran may be that one I suppose).

Lyon & Drain have stated a number of times that pace through the midfield is a priority so Blease, Swift, Hill, etc must be on the radar. As much as I like the look of the key position prospects, I'd prefer we go for speed & skill in 2 of our first 3 picks.

Great job. I really think that is the way Collingwood should go in this years draft.

If we can get Sidebottom with 11 i'd be rapped. And i reckon De Boer is ok. I know his footskills are not great but he wins the ball and we need in and unders desparately. Would fit in comfortably i reckon.

I agree get a ruckman with one of our 2 picks in the 40's and O'Keefe at 29 seems to be a consensus amongst a lot of fans.

I think we should back in our talls and small forwards . I don't think it matters who we put forward and back until we start winning it out of the centre. When we got beaten, it was always in the midfield.

No backline or forward line could've done much when the midfield is getting smashed that comfortably.

Also, do you think we'll use our pick 77? or go to the PSD with it. I think we'll use it in the ND

If rory sloane beat a number 6 draft pick
why is he pick what ever 60 something
underated player in draft
one of the best kids going around down back and middle
clubs want hard at it backman/midfeilders
and his perfect size to play on half forwards and damging small forward
eg yarran medhurst milne okeefe morton williams
many more
hope he goes to collingwood i really rate this kid and hope he plays alot of senior football

many more
hope he goes to collingwood i really rate this kid and hope he plays alot of senior football

fair point...Collingwood really need someone to play on the small forwards. We've been using Harry O. heath continually gets smashed when he has an opponent and Marty Clarke is still learning.

many more

Is that you rory?

many more

But he didnt.

Yarran kicked 3 second half goals and was easily W.A's best forward setting up a few more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back