North memorbilia (what do you have)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have the cardboard life-size Carey from years back?

Yeah I've got one, got it signed by "The King" to. I had to pick him and Johnny Longmire up at the local airport a few years ago, was the first time I'd actually met Wayne in person, I was amazed at how huge the man was, massive across the chest! Made me look even smaller than I am :D

Like everyone else, I've got bits and pieces tucked away, but my favourite would have to be my 1996 Weg poster signed by Arch, I love it! :eek:

Probz dosnt count as North memorbilia but few years ago jumped on ebay and purchased a massive framed picture of sav on the granite background. the dude i bought it off had him in his north kit on the website. When it arrived at my doorstep... yep you guessed it. Sav in full collingwood outfit. i didn know what to do with it at the time so i put it in my closet thinking it myt be handy later on. my garage got renovated 2 months ago and theres a spot for it to hang. What do i do. Its Sav and i love him. But theres collingwood involved. And no im not gonna paint it blue. does it go on the wall or not?

Yeah I've got one, got it signed by "The King" to. Made me look even smaller than I am :D

Like everyone else, I've got bits and pieces tucked away..

A bit of toilet humour never goes astray late at night :)

T'toes

Probz dosnt count as North memorbilia but few years ago jumped on ebay and purchased a massive framed picture of sav on the granite background. the dude i bought it off had him in his north kit on the website. When it arrived at my doorstep... yep you guessed it. Sav in full collingwood outfit. i didn know what to do with it at the time so i put it in my closet thinking it myt be handy later on. my garage got renovated 2 months ago and theres a spot for it to hang. What do i do. Its Sav and i love him. But theres collingwood involved. And no im not gonna paint it blue. does it go on the wall or not?

Yeah of course it goes on the wall, or should I say the "Outside" of the wall :D

actually buying some memorabilia tomorrow for a mates 21st. Getting him the 96 team of the century piece signed by the whole team and probably that archer piece which is a bit of his jumper and signed by arch obviously.

one of my best mates works in the roo shop so get a great discount.

actually buying some memorabilia tomorrow for a mates 21st. Getting him the 96 team of the century piece signed by the whole team and probably that archer piece which is a bit of his jumper and signed by arch obviously.

one of my best mates works in the roo shop so get a great discount.

note to self , next time ............................ contact wellsythegr8

Yeah I've got one, got it signed by "The King" to. I had to pick him and Johnny Longmire up at the local airport a few years ago, was the first time I'd actually met Wayne in person, I was amazed at how huge the man was, massive across the chest! Made me look even smaller than I am :D

Like everyone else, I've got bits and pieces tucked away, but my favourite would have to be my 1996 Weg poster signed by Arch, I love it! :eek:

If you ever wish to sell, please PM me

I have a copy of this....

51pdVSHoa-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Original pressing, too.

Definitely not willing to trade.

Got a 1995 Ansett Cup GF Footy Record signed by Jason Daniltchenko.

RRP was $5.00 but with the autograph I've had valuations in the range of $30-40k.

I'm happy to sell this on at around 50% of the estimated value if any Bigfooty posters are interested.

I have a copy of this....

51pdVSHoa-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Original pressing, too.

Definitely not willing to trade.

Serious?

How about Lionel Richie + 4th round pick for 1st round pick + Leo Sayer + Doug Parkinson.

Think carefully before passing this up. Sayer would flourish in the right environment (he predicted his move to Queensland would lead to a flurry of no#1s - he was right, literally) and Parkinson would add boring steel to a side in a way even Kasey Green couldn't achieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo? Too easy. Are you hoping to have it signed this weekend?

I'm trying, working overtime to get it done in time. It will come down to the wire. Might be running off to traiing, painting in one hand, with the hairdryer in the other hand trying to get the paint to dry.

I have the 1950 Grand Final footy record which was our first ever GF appearance + the records for every other final we have contested since.

Also have the 75 and 77 Weg posters block mounted and laminated.

I was the underbidder to P DeRauch for Arch's 200th game jumper v Port Adelaide. I was bidding whilst half pissed at Stevo's testimonial function and dropped out at around the $2200 mark. I didn't win but PDR and I got a standing ovation at the end of bidding. Geez I would loved to have gotten that jumper. Out greatest ever H&A win IMO.

i have 2 glen archer limited edition prints one which was signed by him during last yr, i have the weg posters, my plush kangaroo of 25+ yrs.

but the one that got away was the 1975 footy signed by the grand final footy team given to me by arnold briedas sadly it ended up becoming the family footy:eek:

i also won a 1983 team poster with an aluminiam frame in the vfl footy record, it still hangs on my wall

I have an Australian Football action issue no.7 dated 1982 cost me a buck fifty, but its got a good article about Bob Ansett and his first year as president and what his plans were and among others, one was and I quote 'a $22 million development of the Arden Street ground which would make it the most modern VFL ground in the league by mid 1984'.
The guy is a visionary, he was my pin up back then, for a while my boss used to get us down to work early for breakfast and exercise before work just like Ansett did with his workers, the guy had so much passion.

I also have a Football Fan magazine dated June 1984 but it has Dermott Brereton on the cover, also have the last edition of the Skateboarder magazine as well followed by the first ever edition of Action Now mag which 'superseded' skateboarder, I realise its ot but I got on a roll and dug out my old mags, the Skateboarder stuff might be worth a few bucks in the US I'd imagine.

I'm trying, working overtime to get it done in time. It will come down to the wire. Might be running off to traiing, painting in one hand, with the hairdryer in the other hand trying to get the paint to dry.

Do you have the training schedule?

I have a novelty 45" single from 1975 called "The Ballad of Wayne Schimmelbusch" recorded by a band called the Frozen Stiff. True story. The "B" side is "I love a sunburnt football".

The cover on the sleeve is a caricature of the great man.

Among other items framed and autographed Wayne Carey jumper from about 1994.
Weg poster from 1996 GF signed by the entire GF team
2 x Weg poster's from 1996 GF signed by Carey, Archer and Pagan
Original edition of The North Story signed by Fr Gerald Dowling
Revised edition of The North Story signed by Carey and Pagan

A picture of Wayne Carey and Tony Lockett shaking hands post 1996 grand final.

It has the caption "Our one day in September" up the top and is signed to personally to me by The King.

Wouldnt give this up for anything.

My all time favourite story.

I was helping my Mum pack up and move from Kensington where she had lived for 79 years. At the back of the cupboard was this big lump of concrete. She nearly had a fit as I was going to toss it. She said you can't throw that out - it is a piece of the wall. I was there the day they tore it down. I looked at her and said, Mum you have never been to Germany. She looked at me - as only Mums can and said " not the Berlin wall, the wall around Arden St. What would I want with a piece of the Berlin wall. Tearing down the wall around Arden St - that's history."

So naturally when the grandstand was coming down, I had to get and get a couple of bricks. Family tradition now.

nowhere near as impressive but unique cos most were free.
-a jumper worn by brent harvey from about 99 signed by wayne carey
-signed 96 and 99 framed team photos
- jesse w smiths away jumper from last year
-and a couple of old brady anderson, shane clayton, digby morrell dirty jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back