Northern Football League Division 1 - Part llll

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have no doubts the Eastern League is still on "King Trev's" agenda.

Stumbling block however is AFL Vic who clearly see Heidelberg as an on-going cog in the NFL wheel. Wise legal sources tell me the only way to achieve it without AFL Vic endorsement is for the Eastern League to dis-affiliate from AFL Vic, a dangerous move when you consider the admin, legal and moral support the AFL gave the NFL in the transition from the old Diamond Valley League.

As for clubs and 2010, I think it will be a case of "see you and raise you 10" with regards to Heidelberg and the rest of the comp. Once AFL/VFL lists are finalised expect some more movement in the direction of Warringal Park.

By bringing in Gavin Crossisca, Heidelberg is sending a pretty clear message to the NFL and AFL Vic that they are still serious about moving to the Eastern League.

It is important for people to remember that is was AFL Vic who stepped into to veto any plans Heidelberg had to move leagues. They must take some responsibility for creating this monster.

On a separate note...just because the season is over doesn't mean that there aren't any good rumours.

My sources tell me that Peter Shepherd has left Lalor after having a gut full of how Lalor supporters abuse opposition players - particularly of different races. 46 Goals this year - will be a big loss and a big gain to another club. Unlikely to play in NFL because doesn't want to play against Lalor for the same reason as he's leaving.

NorthcotePark set to be the big improvers in 2010. Got off to a promising start this year heading into Round 7 undefeated with some decent wins - none better than knocking off Mont by 69 points. NP had some young county kids join their team this year and word around Bill Lawry Oval is NP have come into some serious payola and ready to recruit big.

While on the topic of money, things just seem to be going for bad to worse for Lalor with their two key sponsors - Technika and Compass pulling the pin for next year. To rub salt into the wounds Compass did not come good this year with their commitment. Speaking of salt, a Lalor committee member nearly had a heart attack when they tallied up Lance's tab at the canteen.

Also heard about northcote that two stalwarts could be leaving there playing ranks and moving to seperate clubsa in edfl as they are closer to home. with i believe the smaller one hoping to develop his coaching skills for the year after. morrison rumor no good as i heard he is already signed at west and harro to div 2 i believe possibly near dooreen

My sources tell me that Peter Shepherd has left Lalor after having a gut full of how Lalor supporters abuse opposition players - particularly of different races. 46 Goals this year - will be a big loss and a big gain to another club. Unlikely to play in NFL because doesn't want to play against Lalor for the same reason as he's leaving.

Interesting news?.Its no secret that Sheperd is the partner of Steve Easton's daughter and Easto has just been reappointed as Lalor coach.
Lalor simply cannot afford to lose a player of Sheperds ability .
If this story is true then the bloods might find themselves in that bottom mix of teams trying to avoid relegation?
I hope lalor can keep Sheperd and continue to improve as they have done very well in there 2 years back in DIV 1 and it would be a shame to see them slip backwards.

Interesting news?.Its no secret that Sheperd is the partner of Steve Easton's daughter and Easto has just been reappointed as Lalor coach.
Lalor simply cannot afford to lose a player of Sheperds ability .
If this story is true then the bloods might find themselves in that bottom mix of teams trying to avoid relegation?
I hope lalor can keep Sheperd and continue to improve as they have done very well in there 2 years back in DIV 1 and it would be a shame to see them slip backwards.

or maybe the "cashcow" as you call it - will offer him an even better deal this time ;)

Also heard about northcote that two stalwarts could be leaving there playing ranks and moving to seperate clubsa in edfl as they are closer to home. with i believe the smaller one hoping to develop his coaching skills for the year after. morrison rumor no good as i heard he is already signed at west and harro to div 2 i believe possibly near dooreen
Thats wrong. Morrison hasnt signed and is going to have talks with bundoora and harro is playing at bundoora next year no matter what happens with billy.

A Mate Down Melbourne follows this league ... The NFL and says that Heidelberg are just a Powerhouse... Which players do they have and which players they probably pickin up?

ive heard a little snippet from a good mate of mine, and he says that west might potentially be killing their position in division one. Don't know much but he said that they refused to hire paul tilley and wanted to stick with vin datoli. he reckons that paul could bring in a fresh croup of at least 7 players, including saul caddy. he also said that if datoli gets appointed that 7 players from their 09 list will leave including maybe smith.now i don't know if paul is a good enough enough coach, but surely hes not as bad as datoli

ive heard a little snippet from a good mate of mine, and he says that west might potentially be killing their position in division one. Don't know much but he said that they refused to hire paul tilley and wanted to stick with vin datoli. he reckons that paul could bring in a fresh croup of at least 7 players, including saul caddy. he also said that if datoli gets appointed that 7 players from their 09 list will leave including maybe smith.now i don't know if paul is a good enough enough coach, but surely hes not as bad as datoli

Don't know the ins and outs but it may seem that some people are too pig headed to admit they made poor decisions at the beginning of last season, which resulted in the loss of a few senior players and potential coaches and the appointment of Datoli..... It would be a shame for them to lose a few more (experienced senior players incl. Smith??) but if it will happen if nothing changes and that could cost them their place in Div. 1 based on this season's performance.

Don't know the ins and outs but it may seem that some people are too pig headed to admit they made poor decisions at the beginning of last season, which resulted in the loss of a few senior players and potential coaches and the appointment of Datoli..... It would be a shame for them to lose a few more (experienced senior players incl. Smith??) but if it will happen if nothing changes and that could cost them their place in Div. 1 based on this season's performance.

based on this you have to think the club will not win a premiership with the current leadership roles in the committee. the whole board i think needs to be evaluated on their value to the club, and the coach should get the arse, and the president should as well. graham is a nice bloke, but lets face it, the choices he is currently making is whats going to cost the club. West preston will never win a premiership so long as douga is president. we should get someone who loves the club and knows what he is doing, cause these choices graham are making are fatal

I don't know many West Preston supporters personally so I am curious as to What exactly is the problem with Dattoli as coach?
He had fairly good success at Bundoora only missing a flag due to heidelbergs dominance.
Is it an "outsider coming in" problem or is it his actual coaching methods that have been accepted by the players?

heard on the graprvine the eltham player trashed the bus on there footy trip if try well done u f/wits
Least they got a bus, 6 days out and we're up sh1t creek without a bus. Thanks to your mob pullin the pin with the no p1ss policy, would've been handy knowing that piece of info 2 months ago. Poor form. We'll pull through, we always do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Least they got a bus, 6 days out and we're up sh1t creek without a bus. Thanks to your mob pullin the pin with the no p1ss policy, would've been handy knowing that piece of info 2 months ago. Poor form. We'll pull through, we always do.
well they have 2 draw the line somewhere getting sick of there buses getting trashed it cost them money by not haveing bus on road

heard on the graprvine the eltham player trashed the bus on there footy trip if try well done u f/wits

B.B 99

I can't confirm or deny, but I'd think it highly unlikely that the bus was trashed.

It may well have been afloat in excessive liquids but nothing a quick hose out couldn't fix. I know time is of essence in the transport business, but surely this is part and parcel of the business to some degree, just like general maintenance and the like

Can't help it that Brendan Fevola needed to go somewhere with someone for his annual footy trip :D

Muttley - I thought you were the King of all organsiers and now you are literally confirming (what we all knew) that you couldn't organise a pi$$up in a brewery or a root in a brothel even though of course HBC can organise a premiership in a lopsided monopolised under capitalised local football league anytime they choose!

Anyways, why can't you get the pres. to either fly you up in a lear jet or get him to convert one his B-Doubles into a luxury passenger freight liner.

would've thought that was already a given. :D

B.B 99

I can't confirm or deny, but I'd think it highly unlikely that the bus was trashed.

It may well have been afloat in excessive liquids but nothing a quick hose out couldn't fix. I know time is of essence in the transport business, but surely this is part and parcel of the business to some degree, just like general maintenance and the like

Can't help it that Brendan Fevola needed to go somewhere with someone for his annual footy trip :D
well ka if it was a coach u canot hose it out it has carpet

Muttley - I thought you were the King of all organsiers and now you are literally confirming (what we all knew) that you couldn't organise a pi$$up in a brewery or a root in a brothel even though of course HBC can organise a premiership in a lopsided monopolised under capitalised local football league anytime they choose!

Anyways, why can't you get the pres. to either fly you up in a lear jet or get him to convert one his B-Doubles into a luxury passenger freight liner.

would've thought that was already a given. :D

Don't carry on KA, we got it covered. The show will go on. The p1ss will be cold (jealous) the weather perfect and the trumpet will play. Hold down the fort for us would ya.

anyone listening to SEN???

AFL trade talk, and there was mention of Neon Leon going to Port. A comment that roused Patty Smith to say there is no attraction to go to Port Adelaide, .........." if you were a decent player manager you'd advise your player to go to Bundoora before Port Adelaide!" .............. after the break Hungry Bartlett chips in, "Patrick I've just been informed you wouldn't want to go to Bundoora as they've lost 11 GF's in the past 28 years"

:D

anyone listening to SEN???

AFL trade talk, and there was mention of Neon Leon going to Port. A comment that roused Patty Smith to say there is no attraction to go to Port Adelaide, .........." if you were a decent player manager you'd advise your player to go to Bundoora before Port Adelaide!" .............. after the break Hungry Bartlett chips in, "Patrick I've just been informed you wouldn't want to go to Bundoora as they've lost 11 GF's in the past 28 years"

:D
Mmmmmmm. Hard but fair.

Might also apply to other clubs who have regularly been to the big dance but haven't saluted. The year 1979 is significant for some reason.

Mmmmmmm. Hard but fair.

Might also apply to other clubs who have regularly been to the big dance but haven't saluted. The year 1979 is significant for some reason.

Of course it might also apply.

For farcs sake I was merely relaying a funny quip on SEN - I'm sure you can SMS KB & Patrick - get them to mention Monts record too if that makes you happy….

Of course it might also apply.

For farcs sake I was merely relaying a funny quip on SEN - I'm sure you can SMS KB & Patrick - get them to mention Monts record too if that makes you happy….
All light hearted banter J&B.

No real affiliation or agenda - just an observer from high on the grassy knoll.

Smith is not going back to West, he wants to go back up the bush. Good on him he's a nice bloke.

yeah i thought that he would, considering him and alot of other players don't like datoli. he definitely wont be the last. shame for west, they could have kept all these players and have probably one of the most dominate forwards in saul caddy, not to mention a coach who has seen two consecutive final series. i just cant understand why west have knocked this all back, its a bloody disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back