NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that we are four weeks into the season however I just noticed that there are 3 clubs, The slime, Yules and Diamo that are all fielding 2 under 19 sides - How bloody good!!
At a time when we are losing players in senior football these clubs must be doing something really well to attract around 60 boys - The clubs are investing the money to make it happen so I hope that each of them reap the rewards in DIV 1 next season.
I hope that the NFL is assisting these clubs with the challenges that must be involved to field 2 Under 19's teams as this pool of players will no doubt help lower DIV clubs in the future.

I know that we are four weeks into the season however I just noticed that there are 3 clubs, The slime, Yules and Diamo that are all fielding 2 under 19 sides - How bloody good!!
At a time when we are losing players in senior football these clubs must be doing something really well to attract around 60 boys - The clubs are investing the money to make it happen so I hope that each of them reap the rewards in DIV 1 next season.
I hope that the NFL is assisting these clubs with the challenges that must be involved to field 2 Under 19's teams as this pool of players will no doubt help lower DIV clubs in the future.
You will probably find that the clowns at NFL Headquarters would more likely whinge that these clubs are building super teams and try to stop it than assist them. If you’ve been around a while you will or should know that the NFL do not ever help clubs.
Especially ones that are thriving or successful.
They would rather bring in rules to try and bring them back to the average pack.

Pretty sure Diamo sacrificed their Under 17.5’s to field the second under 19’s. As for the other two, how many of a Div ones second 19’s go onto to play reserves, let alone ones? I’m tipping most of those will give up after 19’s or at best end up playing two’s at Div 2 or 3 clubs.

Pretty sure Diamo sacrificed their Under 17.5’s to field the second under 19’s. As for the other two, how many of a Div ones second 19’s go onto to play reserves, let alone ones? I’m tipping most of those will give up after 19’s or at best end up playing two’s at Div 2 or 3 clubs.
What’s your point???
Isn’t it better for 18-19 year olds to be playing sport. It is irrelevant what they do after this. Kids playing sport should be our number 1 aim!!!

four rounds in… prob still not enough for a real snapshot of the league but what is everyone’s predictions for:

Premiers
Relegation
Top 5
league b&f

Mine is:
Heidelberg. Nth Heidelberg runners up
Macleod
Heidelberg, North H, Mont, Greensy, Banyule.
Tardio- North H. Great player.

That's not correct. My understanding is they have a had a gap in that age group all the way through. They had no U16 last year but 2 U17 teams, which has resulted in no U17 this year but 2 U19 teams. They might have a couple players who are choosing to play up instead of playing elsewhere, but no sacrifices of an age group for another.

four rounds in… prob still not enough for a real snapshot of the league but what is everyone’s predictions for:

Premiers
Relegation
Top 5
league b&f

Mine is:
Macleod

Sticking with pre-Season thoughts

Dogs- Flag
Tigers -Runners
Tigers/North/Green/Mont/Bridges
Macleod-Spoon
Tardio- 🥇 Will have votes taken off him once Giobbi starts playing and fires up though ( Holmes from Mont will probably feature heavily )

There is potential for some seriously good week 2 finals. Don’t see any beltings happening once down to the final 4.

Premiers
Relegation
Top 5
league b&f

Mine is:
Macleod
Premiers - Bergs
Relegation - Macleod
Top 5 - bergs, Mont, north, boro, Banyule

medal - Nash Holmes

Staying with pre-season prediction

Premiers: Heidelberg
Relegation: Macleod
Top 5: Heid, Nth Heid, Mont, Hurstbridge, Banyule (Greensborough to miss out by %)
medal: Nash Holmes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are going to find out about Greensborough over the next month. Banyule, Heidelberg, Hurstbridge and Montmorency. If they can go 2 and 2 over that period, I think they play finals.

Not sure Hurstbridge are as good as I first thought. Do they have injuries or players to come back?

10+ senior players missing atm, im sure they'll start rolling back through soon enough.
Can only speak of Ben Giobi as he left euroa my club this year. Almost single handedly dragged us over the line in several finals, if he is committed and can keep his head straight he’ll be great for you. Good to see Adam going well too.

And it's only ever the gun, match-winners. Amazing how these guys get to be so good when they're always missing games :D :D :D

Give it 2 months, we will have a lot clearer picture I reckon.

And yes, B. Giobbi will be huge for north.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back