Off season movements 2014 - who is going where?

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Victory prevented him from pursuing an EPL career, so he deserves to be rewarded for being loyal top the club with a bit of extra money.
You can pay him a bit more. But you don't have to sacrifice your other marquee just because Milligan decided to stay on.

does he suit our style ? he's not exactly the space running player...

He's more of a target man (think Heskey type) so not sure if you guys need/could benefit from that kind of player?

Would love to see him come down under but reckon he is more likely to join a lower EPL or stronger championship side. He's going to Brazil with Nigeria so probably will decide his future after the tournament.

For the Glory fans, strong reports that Zadkovich will join on a 2 year deal soon.

You can pay him a bit more. But you don't have to sacrifice your other marquee just because Milligan decided to stay on.
We haven't sacrificed any marquee Archie's status as Aussie Marquee is complete he now falls under the cap considering his age and form its a good decission.

Althrough Milligan may be underwelming as a Marquee name, he has pretty much been the go to man and when he is playing well we usually play well and win, he is obviously hightly thought off at the club not only as a player but his leadership skills too.

I don't have a problem with him as our Aussie marquee. and lets face it apart from probably Breciano there isn't to many Aussie Marquees around anymore ready to come back to the A-League anyway.

Last edited:

There are still a few. Kennedy, Cahill, Schwarzer, Holman & Bresc could all be playing in the a-league within the next 3 years.

There are still a few. Kennedy, Cahill, Schwarzer, Holman & Bresc could all be playing in the a-league within the next 3 years.

Schwarzer has already said he doesn't want to play in the A-League, Cahil indicated as much the some when he signed for New York Red Bull although his tone has some what changed recently, still I can't see him playing more then one season if only for a quick cash grab and a piss take if he does decide to play in the A-league. Holman lol he can keep playing in the oil leagues not Marquee material in my books.

Kennedy and Bresciano are the only realistic players of coming back as a Marquee in my books.

Kennedy from what I've heard is pretty much set to become Heart/City Aussie Marquee next season.

Last edited:
Zadkovich was released by the Jets and signed by the Glory earlier today. Good signing for them, might be a straight swap for Burns in the side.

We haven't sacrificed any marquee Archie's status as Aussie Marquee is complete he now falls under the cap considering his age and form its a good decission.

Althrough Milligan may be underwelming as a Marquee name, he has pretty much been the go to man and when he is playing well we usually play well and win, he is obviously hightly thought off at the club not only as a player but his leadership skills too.

I don't have a problem with him as our Aussie marquee. and lets face it apart from probably Breciano there isn't to many Aussie Marquees around anymore ready to come back to the A-League anyway.

I have no problem with Milligan being our Aussie marquee. There are few Aussie marquees in the A League who give better service than Millsy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back