Mega Thread Official 2012 Draft discussion thread: All drafts complete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to delist Davis, why the hell would we?

Surplus of tall backs. Seriously doubt he would get delisted, but you never know, maybe his manager is shopping him around. He is in a queue mainly behind McDonald and Frawley, with Garland, Rivers, Watts and Sellar all in front of him too.

Surplus of tall backs. Seriously doubt he would get delisted, but you never know, maybe his manager is shopping him around. He is in a queue mainly behind McDonald and Frawley, with Garland, Rivers, Watts and Sellar all in front of him too.
Rivers is more likely to leave as a Free Agent IMO. He was taken at Pick 51, I doubt he's in a huge rish to leave.

Rivers is more likely to leave as a Free Agent IMO. He was taken at Pick 51, I doubt he's in a huge rish to leave.

True, but either way you'd think at least one of them will be gone somewhere, especially if they persist with Watts down back.

When is the mini draft? I'm assuming it's at the end of the trade period? If it is, there is no way GW$ will put up pick 1 for Jack even if the rumour that the Suns will trade pick 2 for the first mini draft pick turns out to be true. They wouldn't be able to put up pick 2 as they wouldn't have it at that stage.

EDIT: it is any time during the trade period, but appears to be after the father/son bid meeting.

Sounds like Cale as a junior

Toumpas is a pure mid - he's 184cm's tall and is great in a contest.

Can hurt up forward and has brilliant skill; Cale really was (and is) a one-dimensional player (run, spread and dispose - very outside) .. not what you want in a top 5 draft pick IMO.

Toumpas impacts games.

Toumpas is a pure mid - he's 184cm's tall and is great in a contest.

Can hurt up forward and has brilliant skill; Cale really was (and is) a one-dimensional player (run, spread and dispose - very outside) .. not what you want in a top 5 draft pick IMO.

Toumpas impacts games.

This is why we wont pass him up. A classy mid who can impact a big game.

I beleive he is a very good chance of becoming the best player out of this draft because he is a match winner.

Guys this draft talk could be a total waste of time if the findings from the tanking investigation come out and what i am hearing is this could be a disaster for our club, and set us back 5 years. There is more than one disgruntled ex assistant coach and player that have been interviewed in the last 5 days and the Herald/Sun are running with another damming report in tomorrows paper as its lead story.
If found guilty our draft for this year is finished and probably next year as well. This will decimate us and we will be a basket case for years.

Guys this draft talk could be a total waste of time if the findings from the tanking investigation come out and what i am hearing is this could be a disaster for our club, and set us back 5 years. There is more than one disgruntled ex assistant coach and player that have been interviewed in the last 5 days and the Herald/Sun are running with another damming report in tomorrows paper as its lead story.
If found guilty our draft for this year is finished and probably next year as well. This will decimate us and we will be a basket case for years.

But where are you hearing this from?

This whole thing re tanking really is s**t. The Hun are cherry picking where it suits - for example the number of rotations in a match, without mentioning whether there were injuries that have an impact. If they want to include quotes to prove tanking, what about Eddie McGuire late in the 2005 season, Terry Wallace on the 2007 game against St Kilda, Libba etc.

I really don't know how a few selected quotes can prove anything. Honestly, the Hun and its 'journos' can GAGF. To quote today's article, if you were being 'suspicious' you could almost think there was some evil plot to kill off the club now Jim is gone.

Anyone with half a brain would have had a good laugh at that article today, such a media beat up
I have a good laugh at the HUN every day. ;)

But where are you hearing this from?

I am hearing this from a friend of a friend, yes i know, but this is from the same person who told me of Skullys intentions 6 months out and how it was going to play out- all spot on. I just hope he is wrong on this issue and the league does nothing after its findings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just not convinced the league will do anything because it will mean egg on their face, considering they already called it a non-issue - yes if it was conclusive they would do something but all the 'evidence' is hardly totally damning. It's far more likely that the Hun will turn it into a beat-up to sell papers.

Get ready to quote this post for lols at the end of the year when we've been stripped of our draft picks and are gearing up to play in the VAFA.

Anyone with half a brain would have had a good laugh at that article today, such a media beat up
MELBOURNE fielded 21 players after Mitch Clark broke his foot.

CLARK was reported to have been willing to play on.

THE DEMONS are going to be raped four times

I am a better journo than these ******* collaborative campaigners.

I guess after what has been a terrible year in many respects I and obviously others are sick of everyone potting the club on even the smallest issues. Trying to get Neeld sacked was just ridiculous, and Kelvin Lawrence leaving the club making the news? FMD. Go and write stories on the 'TOP 4' club Carlton who are on the verge of missing the finals.

I am hearing this from a friend of a friend, yes i know, but this is from the same person who told me of Skullys intentions 6 months out and how it was going to play out- all spot on. I just hope he is wrong on this issue and the league does nothing after its findings.

* mate, "Blind Freddy" could've told you Scully's intentions 6 months out.....nek minnut

(note, i was hopefully scummy was going to stay so I chose to ignore the jungle drums)

MELBOURNE fielded 21 players after Mitch Clark broke his foot.

CLARK was reported to have been willing to play on.

THE DEMONS are going to be raped four times

I am a better journo than these ******* collaborative sillys.

HALF BACK player James Strauss has conceeded he felt Melbourne were "trying not to win" their Round 20 Clash against Carlton during the 2011 Season.

Strauss (seen below injuring himself) said he was Cherry Ripe to come back on after what looked to be a season ending leg break

Your 'friend's friend' must be high up! Who is he David Schwartz? Mate, every man and his dog knew Scully was leaving, and you think I'm kidding, literally my 5 year old cousin knew he'd packed his bags and im 70% sure so did my Golden Retriever 'Scout'

HALF BACK player James Strauss has conceeded he felt Melbourne were "trying not to win" their Round 20 Clash against Carlton during the 2011 Season.

Strauss (seen below injuring himself) said he was Cherry Ripe to come back on after what looked to be a season ending leg break

This is too good. :thumbsu:

Guys, amusing as this little episode has been, this thread is for draft talk and not the, ahem, 'experimenting' discussion... there is a thread for that. No doubt the potential draft repercussions of the findings could be disastrous, but there's not much point discussing that specific aspect unless it actually happens.

Your 'friend's friend' must be high up! Who is he David Schwartz? Mate, every man and his dog knew Scully was leaving, and you think I'm kidding, literally my 5 year old cousin knew he'd packed his bags and im 70% sure so did my Golden Retriever 'Scout'

It wasnt just that Scummy decided to leave that my friend got right- he told me how it was going to happen, right down to flying the family up to Sydney the day before- i was watching the news that night and i had chills running down my back with the accuracy of the story- and dont forget that this was told to me 6 months earlier!! Thats all i was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back