List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how it would. Perhaps I'm missing something?
It was proposed earlier that some motivation would be taking a side from Top 4 to Flag. Also usually after a flag players salaries go up when renegotiating as they are "Premiership Players". However that would likely be balanced out by a rash of retirements by older triple and quadruple Premiership players.

It was proposed earlier that some motivation would be taking a side from Top 4 to Flag. Also usually after a flag players salaries go up when renegotiating as they are "Premiership Players". However that would likely be balanced out by a rash of retirements by older triple and quadruple Premiership players.
Geez that sounds good doesn't it. :D

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Personally I don't think that us either finishing 4th or winning the premiership would make any difference. If, and I say if Danger decided to come and play for the Cats I think it would be about being closer to family as much as anything else, along with all the other relevant factors of course.

And as for the salary cap side of things, obviously some of our veterans retiring will help us manage that but also after winning a premiership the salary cap squeeze will usually hit a year or 2 after due to most high profile players having already signed or at least agreed to terms.

that is very alarming to me when I read this. Did you hear this from someone or know the Smedts firsthand?
It suggests his injury concerns have not been relevant which I would have thought so, as he still looks under-developed (physically) after battling shoulder and leg niggles.
Know the family

Know the family
Where they suprised given feedback from the club, or given his output?

And I guess do the family think he could do more? or should I say is capable of more?

Where they suprised given feedback from the club, or given his output?

And I guess do the family think he could do more? or should I say is capable of more?
his output, and the camera thing. The family know he can do a lot more and is capable of it.

his output, and the camera thing. The family know he can do a lot more and is capable of it.
I don't see that as a bad thing... hopefully they are letting him know about it as well and maybe just maybe it all clicks for him

based on his potential it can only be a good thing for us if it does

Dangerfield to join Balme at Collingwood in 2016, you heard it first here!!!
We may have heard it here first, but it doesn't make it true.

Try sleeping with your eyes shut, it'll prevent your vivid imagination taking control.

Balme's already aware of Dangers intentions and they don't involve Collingwood.

Lets just win what Scott told us 2 yrs ago-the 2015 Grand Final. if he delivers on that then I don't give a damn about Dangerfield. Don't think I care too much about him if we don't , we may, in some of these new kids or some of mid age ones, someone better.

Am I the only one who thinks Pat will stay at Adelaide?

I know there's a heap of evidence/speculation that he well and truly may come back to Geelong, but he just strikes me as the type of player who is loyal to his club and will re-commit with them. Just a gut feel.

*insert egg on face in October 2015*

Am I the only one who thinks Pat will stay at Adelaide?

I know there's a heap of evidence/speculation that he well and truly may come back to Geelong, but he just strikes me as the type of player who is loyal to his club and will re-commit with them. Just a gut feel.

*insert egg on face in October 2015*

I don't know about staying in Adelaide, but I have expressed the view a few times that I would not be at all surprised if Dangerfield did not end up at Geelong. I would not be surprised at all.

Last edited:
If he's not staying at Crows (which I think he will) then I think it'll either be Geelong or Hawks.

For him to come to Geelong, we'll need to do better in finals then this year that's for sure (reason I heard we lost Frawley).

Another poor finals performance from us will hurt us in terms of FA. Not just Danger, but any other players that we may be talking too. Success is the main attraction point to come to Geelong rather then Pies/Tigers, the big Melbourne clubs.

So if we aren't at least competing, then we lose attractiveness as a desination club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where will he go then? Somehow doubt he"ll remain a Crow.
It can happen if everyone (supporters, players, the Club) is prepared for Dangerfield to be paid a bucketload, something that hasn't happened at Geelong for a long time. I wouldn't be fazed by that.

It can happen if everyone (supporters, players, the Club) is prepared for Dangerfield to be paid a bucketload, something that hasn't happened at Geelong for a long time. I wouldn't be fazed by that.

As long as we get our own players sorted first before we go making approaches to Dangerfield - no point having Dangerfield agree to terms to come to Geelong if we have guys like Hawkins, Duncan, Caddy, Motlop, GHS & Bews not re-signed when they are coming off contract at the end of next year. That's not forgetting the kids we drafted last year will need to be re-signed, while senior players like Kelly, Bartel, Stevie J & Enright will most likely to get make a decision on their own time regarding their futures (and we most likely we see a few retirements from senior guys at the end of next year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back