List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things i know for fact.

1. Hawkins isnt going anywhere, and it'll be signed off before round 1.
2. Danger is 80% likely to be at the Cats - he "loves the idea of being the difference between top 4 and premiership hero."

Sounds reasonable. Would you know what type of a mentor he is CMIA , like to think our young strong bodied NC5 could only learn by playing and being around him.

Actually what do you think of him, you usual are opinionated on our young Aboriginal kids. For mine he is extremely promising , could be one of the most exciting players to have worn the Hoops for years. Not sure we have one like him a for a while.

Last edited:
With Frawley at Hawthorn now, how much of the Buddy money would they have left? is there anyone who could retire to create cap space? Sewell this year. Burgoyne? Hale?

They probably could afford him, he may even take unders to go to a club which could have just 3 peated (barf).

Lake will go, probably Hale, maybe Burgoyne depending on his body.

We will have more retirements than them and hence more cap room but he may choose to take less if he thinks they are a better prospect of success-hence why September 2015 will be crucial for us

2 things i know for fact.

1. Hawkins isnt going anywhere, and it'll be signed off before round 1.
2. Danger is 80% likely to be at the Cats - he "loves the idea of being the difference between top 4 and premiership hero."

What evidence do you have to be able to label them as "facts"?

Are they "facts" in the same sense that some were leading us to believe that Frawley was going to be a definite starter in Cats colours in 2015?

What evidence do you have to be able to label them as "facts"?

Are they "facts" in the same sense that some were leading us to believe that Frawley was going to be a definite starter in Cats colours in 2015?

Can your really say that about any future event? Not many till it past tense then it a fact , till then its informed speculation

I love how we are going to have a real crack, but getting hawkins tied down to a new long term deal should be the clubs main priority right now.

Collingwood IMO will pose as our biggest threat for Dangerfield, they'll be able to table a big offer but hopefully he wants to come home and we have another solid season in 2015. Hawthorn will be in the mix and Dangerfield could accept a little less if it means premiership success and let's be honest, hawthorn are in premiership mode as we speak. Don't think I could hate hawthorn anymore than I do but if they somehow pulled this off.....

I love how we are going to have a real crack, but getting hawkins tied down to a new long term deal should be the clubs main priority right now.

Collingwood IMO will pose as our biggest threat for Dangerfield, they'll be able to table a big offer but hopefully he wants to come home and we have another solid season in 2015. Hawthorn will be in the mix and Dangerfield could accept a little less if it means premiership success and let's be honest, hawthorn are in premiership mode as we speak. Don't think I could hate hawthorn anymore than I do but if they somehow pulled this off.....

I think it may be time for Hawks luck to run out. Four years in a row scraping thru the PF by so little. They were very lucky to get past Port this year.
I can see both of us finishing around the same area of the ladder. Port and North should be going hard to be in the GF in 2015

Sounds reasonable. Would you know what type of a mentor he is CMIA , like to think our young strong bodied NC5 could only learn by playing and being around him.

Actually what do you think of him, you usual are opinionated on our young Aboriginal kids. For mine he is extremely promising , could be one of the most exciting players to have worn the Hoops for years. Not sure we have one like him a for a while.

I dont know NC5 but from what ive heard and seen, he looks a gem. I do know the Dangerfield family though. And Danger is rare. Not necessarily in a bad way, but not sure about him being a role model per se. But with Sel and Taylor etc, Young ones like NC5 will be in good hands

Can your really say that about any future event? Not many till it past tense then it a fact , till then its informed speculation

Exactly! But you should be asking CIA that question.

You may have to excuse me Turbo, and I have no personal beef with CIA, but I have an incurable skepticism towards comments of that particular nature.

Yep, It is a poor bargain even if we have Dangerfield walk in the front door but the best power forward in the competition walks out the back door.

I dont know NC5 but from what ive heard and seen, he looks a gem. I do know the Dangerfield family though. And Danger is rare. Not necessarily in a bad way, but not sure about him being a role model per se. But with Sel and Taylor etc, Young ones like NC5 will be in good hands

Thanks for the feedback. I get a little sick of the one size fits all cookie cutter type that all players are meant to conform to. Not all great players are natural leaders and so I presume he may not be an ideal Capt type but at least he can show training and playing type examples.

If you think about it the hawks have a pretty good chance of luring Dangerfield to them in 2016 mainly because they have a bunch of good players coming to the end, Mitchell, Hodge, Lake, Burgoyne. There is a bit of money free'd up if those guys retire so dont be at all surprised if thats the case especially if the hawks dont do the 3-peat in 2015.
So Geelong haven't had a lot of big wages retire and have a lot of big wages coming up for retirement in the next few years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Adelaide board seem pretty confident he is off to Geelong. Please don't let this be another case of slipped from our grasp.
I think that the current FA and trading climate has created a sense of paranoia personally.
He still has a full year to run on his contract, many many a player sign a month or 2 before the end of the season but in the current world if a player doesn't commit a long time before his current contract even expires we all start to panic

Agree. You can't guarantee anything - especially the outcome - Boak and Chip showed us that. What we can guarantee however is that when the time comes we are ready contract and TPP wise to make a good, solid honest offer to him.
That means getting Hawk done. Getting Guthrie, Duncan, Motlop, Bews et al taken care of before they come up. It also means having the ducks in a row to make sure counter offers and all contingencies are covered.

Easy right! And it is our turn to get one having missed the last few bigger fish we have gone after. :D

Go Catters

I wonder if the Cotchin signing will only intensify the Danger speculation? Cotchin's comments about not wanting to be a distraction to the club and playing group were quite telling. Whether Daingerfield ends up signing with Adelaide or not, one thing is for sure, his modus operandi is to look after numero uno first and foremost. It's all swings and roundabouts... we had this all year in 2010 and ended up losing one of the best ever players. Unfortunately for Adelaide, it's happening to them again, yet they still haven't been able to manufacture something to swing their way.

Still a year to go an already 61 pages. I'm guessing this will make 320 pages and then Dangerfield will re-sign wth Adelaide after the Grand Final
"32"0...... 32 x10 ?
I see in the International game a lot of the players had their normal numbers and Danger had 32..... IF he did come I think we will need to find another number he is happy with.

How about no. 2?
I laughed and nodded in agreement.

But then I thought, perhaps I should give the lad one more chance and see how he goes next year.

I think it is fair to say he needs to show more in 2015.

I laughed and nodded in agreement.

But then I thought, perhaps I should give the lad one more chance and see how he goes next year.

I think it is fair to say he needs to show more in 2015.
His whole family are surprised he didn't get cut, so he knows he is on his last chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back