Pakistan vs. New Zealand in UAE (3 Tests, 2 T20, 5 ODI)

Remove this Banner Ad

And when Boyce is averaging 60 after 5 Tests you will want to dump him!

At least Boyce turns the ball off the straight. Leggies will always create chances especially on the last day. That is Lyon's number 1 criticism- a spinner should be taking 4+ wickets in the 2nd dig, he doesn't.

Fantastic win from the Kiwis in incredibly trying circumstances. Fitting send-off for Vettori if he does in fact retire from tests after this.

Great to see Craig do well too. This NZ team is extremely likeable.

well done kiwis. early days but they may have finally shored up an opening partnership after years failure, and removed middle order hacks like fulton.
still a big fan of southee. checked out his amazing debut, had NZ's fastest test 50 after not scoring from his first 10 balls... madness. on track to become crickets most prolific 6 hitter. solid opening bowling partnership too.

well done kiwis. early days but they may have finally shored up an opening partnership after years failure, and removed middle order hacks like fulton.
still a big fan of southee. checked out his amazing debut, had NZ's fastest test 50 after not scoring from his first 10 balls... madness. on track to become crickets most prolific 6 hitter. solid opening bowling partnership too.
great memory flashback!!!

remember that one now. was epic. most of his runs with chris martin, and it took him about 50 balls to reach as many runs as martin had in about 50 tests.

Agree about Southee becoming the leading six-hitter in Tests. 52 sixes in 37 Tests, and he turns 26 in two weeks. Gayle will probably eclipse Gilchrist on the South Africa tour this month, but he doesn't have long to go. NZ don't play as many Tests as the Big Four, but if he plays for another 6-7 years, another 50 Tests maybe, he's going to piss it in.

One-day squad named, 2 T20Is and 5 ODIs. McCullum, Southee and Boult being rested for the home summer that kicks off on Boxing Day. Williamson to captain.

T20 and ODI squad Kane Williamson (capt), Corey Anderson, Dean Brownlie, Anton Devcich, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Adam Milne, James Neesham, Luke Ronchi, Ross Taylor, Daniel Vettori

Funnily enough, with half a dozen players playing for home ODI and World Cup places here, the biggest selection headache for the WC remains Jesse Ryder's availability. Especially now that his bowling has come on leaps and bounds. Devcich, Milne and Henry are very little chance of being at the WC.

Want me to bring up Lyons last test series against the same Craig ran through? He is just a very pedestrian off spinner. The quicker we get Boyce in the better

You've seen a lot of Boyce in the Shield, I'm assuming? Because I know no one from BigFooty would ever see someone for the first time in a T20 and then want them catapulted into the Test side...

You've seen a lot of Boyce in the Shield, I'm assuming? Because I know no one from BigFooty would ever see someone for the first time in a T20 and then want them catapulted into the Test side...

I have always maintained that Boyce is 12 months away. We can deal with an average off spinner until then, but he is exactly that, average. I don't care which leg spinner we play, just play one of them. An off spinner that rarely turns the ball won't be effective.

Craig bowled better in 1 match than Lyon has his whole career!
There's a word on our board for this type of comment... DQ

It means drama queen.

Seriously did Lyon run over your cat or something, you're very harsh on him.

Want me to bring up Lyons last test series against the same Craig ran through? He is just a very pedestrian off spinner. The quicker we get Boyce in the better
So one test series defines a career does it. Talk about cherry picking to suit an argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a couple of really disappointing performances against South Africa it will be interesting to see how the Kiwis shape up in the ODI's. Resting Southee and Boult so it will be a good chance for guys like McCleneghan, Henry and Milne (ran through the Irish in a warm up game yesterday) to prove their credentials. All three have done some impressive things so far, but as third wheel.

McCullum also rested. Not really sure how he'd fit into the World Cup squad, but I can't help but feel happy for Dean Brownlie and hope he at least puts his name up there.

Which is still average. Most spinners have a number of 5 fors in the 2nd innings
Since Lyon made his debut in 2011, the only other spin bowlers in world cricket to take more wickets than him have been Herath and Saeed Ajmal
Not sure if thats what i'd call average
Sure he's no Shane Warne, but he's the best we have

Craig and Sodhi have averages of 41 and 50 respectivly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back