Opinion Patrick Karnezis - the forgotten forward

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to play a team of all talls.

Cloke Reid Brown Witts Grundles Sharenberg Lynch Huddo Goldsack Karnezis Frost Marsh Gault Maxwell Jesse Keeffe (Moore) get em all in there.

Oh and we need Seedsman too of course.

Works for the Wet Toast Eagles!

I'm sticking to my guns on Karnezis.

He's going to be good for our forward line, or even on the wing if need be. Our forward line of Cloke, White, Reid, Elliott, Karnezis and Goldsack will be enjoyable to watch when they're all there.

The beauty of that forward line is that outside Cloke, every single one of the other players can be swapped in and out to use in another position if need be and someone else can slot in for a rest or in case of injury.

Very excite.

I'm sticking to my guns on Karnezis.

He's going to be good for our forward line, or even on the wing if need be. Our forward line of Cloke, White, Reid, Elliott, Karnezis and Goldsack will be enjoyable to watch when they're all there.

The beauty of that forward line is that outside Cloke, every single one of the other players can be swapped in and out to use in another position if need be and someone else can slot in for a rest or in case of injury.

Very excite.

And that's kinda what I was getting at when I listed them before.

All of patty, Elliott and white have the ability to play tall or small and all of them with the exception of cloke can be moved around depending on needs at the time.

I have always been bullish about Karnezis I saw him a few times with the Lions when he first started and I thought he could play and he is an accurate kick also.
Ed after reading the reports from the Coburg match at his best he can bring something to the team,I think this year we are going to have real competition for spots which is always a good sign of things,you are right to be excited Ed we are heading in the right direction and it does not seem like it will take all season.

Said it before but very embley like in build and the way he plays. Would love him to build the tank to play on a wing.

Would be a very good hit up target coming out of the back line and pushing forward.

"He looked great kicked three goals in under three quarters of footy which is a real positive for him." - Football Operations Manager Marcus Wagner

Get on Chewy. I'm confident he will be a tremendous addition to our team. I won't say match winner at this point but a really solid fwd contributor. Saw him live snap a pocket goal from nothing. If we develop him right he'll pay us back on the ground for sure.

I feel we are missing a natural small forward. The sidestepping crumber who finds space in congestion and knows where the big sticks are. In short, Alan Dikraker. Who do we have that truly provides this unstoppable X factor when "on"?

I feel we are missing a natural small forward. The sidestepping crumber who finds space in congestion and knows where the big sticks are. In short, Alan Dikraker. Who do we have that truly provides this unstoppable X factor when "on"?

Jamie+Elliott+Collingwood+Magpies+Training+OwrIkdmS-x4l.jpg

SA you are probably talking about the rarest quality in a footballer, remember the life of a goal sneak forward pocket is harsh with few opportunities and only a bad week or two away from being dropped to the magoos, they quite literally live on the knife edge of selection.

Few make it through the crucible of the U19's, fewer still make it to the magoos and only a tiny and very select fraction are ever available for selection at the trade table.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SA you are probably talking about the rarest quality in a footballer, remember the life of a gaol sneak forward pocket is harsh with few opportunities and only a bad week or two away from being dropped to the magoos, they quite literally live on the knife edge of selection.

Few make it through the crucible of the U19's, fewer still make it to the magoos and only a tiny and very select fraction are ever available for selection at the trade table.
I didn't say Premierships came easy.

If you want to talk about sidesteps and finding space then this guy below is not bad.
Top 10 in the league in Goal Assists last year. The only thing would be if he kicked a few more goals (0.7 avg). If he could get that up to 1.5 a game and still maintain his assist numbers then I think he could be a solution in the immediate term.
Sam Dwyer.jpg

If only we hadn't got rid of two players that fit that description and have similar names to Dikraker.

The question is though, who would you take out of the forward line for said imaginary player?

And Pendles :hearts::hearts::hearts:
Actually, I was thinking of Pendles in his closing years - could be some sort of goal sneak.
If only we hadn't got rid of two players that fit that description and have similar names to Dikraker.

The question is though, who would you take out of the forward line for said imaginary player?
Well I would have liked to see Dids get more opportunity last year to ensure he was not part of the future plan. I suspect the decision to delist he and Krak was the right one, however.

Regarding second Q., ask yourself this, if Rioli was in our twos, would we find space for him?

Actually, I was thinking of Pendles in his closing years - could be some sort of goal sneak.

Well I would have liked to see Dids get more opportunity last year to ensure he was not part of the future plan. I suspect the decision to delist he and Krak was the right one, however.

Regarding second Q., ask yourself this, if Rioli was in our twos, would we find space for him?
He has the awareness and space bending capabilities necassary but from the stands it seems like he is most dangerous running in a fairly straight line and just mesmerizing his would be opponents out of his way with body language.

Probably not enough space on the forward line for that.

Regarding second Q., ask yourself this, if Rioli was in our twos, would we find space for him?[/quote]

Yes you would find room for Rioli in our team, but not Didak circa 2014. Unfortunately for both Dids and Kraks time and the game had moved on. Even if they were still on our list I doubt they would be getting games.

Better to have room on the list for younger players to develop like Marsh.

Yes you would find room for Rioli in our team, but not Didak circa 2014. Unfortunately for both Dids and Kraks time and the game had moved on. Even if they were still on our list I doubt they would be getting games.

Better to have room on the list for younger players to develop like Marsh.
You realise we're in agreement, Clayton, I hope?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back