Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we will trade pick 4 for anyone.

I think the whole walk out on your club thing is a lot easier said then done. In saying that if essendon didn't play ball with a player that wants out they would be silly not to accept a second rounder. As much as that's unders it still beats getting nothing.

Beams is worth pick 4.

There isn't a type of player more needed at Port then him. A ready made ruck forward added to our team guarantees us top 4 for many years.

There isn't a type of player more needed at Port then him. A ready made ruck forward added to our team guarantees us top 4 for many years.

You still thought Crameri was worth a teen pick. You took what was given.

Teams have long memories and essendon have the reputation of being hard to deal with. Now that players are walking its going to come back to bite you.

Ryder will choose his team. You can push him too far and watch him walk.

I agree Ryder has the power to choose.

It seems to me that Eseesndon's only option is to prove conclusively what they gave to Ryder - every single substance that he was given. If they can put his mind at ease by proving everything was ok, then he stays.
Unfortunately for Essendon, they have already admitted they don't know what he was given. In that case, they have failed to provide a safe work place and Ryder is absolutely free to go.

Essendon may huff and puff and threaten all they like, but that is the simple truth as I see it.

If that's the case, if I were Essendon I'll trade him to the highest bidder. He and his manager put the club through a media circus couple days from playing finals. Not ideal.

Ummm....
His club put HIM through a media circus for 2 years and its still going...

Who really is at fault here...ill give you a clue, its not paddy ryder.

I don't think Ryder is the player we need he's not a forward the most he's kicked in a season is 27 I can see Freeman kicking that next year. We need a forward who can at least kick 50 goals a season Save our money and draft picks and go after a true full forward would be better off for the Lions. It's not like Ryder will bring fans to the game

Is he a FA next year? If I was Bris I would be offering pick 4 this year in case he changes his mind next.

He is elite.
Nah beams isn't a Fa next year. He is out of contract though so if he doesn't sign it will be easier for us.

I don't think Ryder is the player we need he's not a forward the most he's kicked in a season is 27.

...playing as a ruckman.

Would you have looked at Alastair Lynch or Daniel Bradshaw's goal tallies playing as fullback/CHB to judge them on their forward ability?

If you are waiting around for a better 70%/30% forward/ruck to come along you'll be waiting a while.

...playing as a ruckman.

Would you have looked at Alastair Lynch or Daniel Bradshaw's goal tallies playing as fullback/CHB to judge them on their forward ability?

If you are waiting around for a better 70%/30% forward/ruck to come along you'll be waiting a while.
I would like a true Full Forward with Tex Walker and Tom Hawkins available next year as free agents wouldn't mind having a crack at either of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like a true Full Forward with Tex Walker and Tom Hawkins available next year as free agents wouldn't mind having a crack at either of those.

I'd like to own the Dallas Cowboys.

I agree Ryder has the power to choose.

It seems to me that Eseesndon's only option is to prove conclusively what they gave to Ryder - every single substance that he was given. If they can put his mind at ease by proving everything was ok, then he stays.
Unfortunately for Essendon, they have already admitted they don't know what he was given. In that case, they have failed to provide a safe work place and Ryder is absolutely free to go.

Essendon may huff and puff and threaten all they like, but that is the simple truth as I see it.

If Ryder wanted to rely on that clause he would have to prove a breach of the club's duty of care. What evidence is there of this? It is crap that the club doesn't know what substances were given to players, there are pictures all over the internet of the lists of substances and doses prescribed for each player. If there had been an unsafe workplace Workcover would have already taken action, we were investigated just like all the other Vic clubs and the AFL are being investigated at the moment.

I have no doubt Ryder will be traded if he really wants to go, but we will get value for him and I'm sure the club is ready to go to court if necessary to defend its position.

If Ryder wanted to rely on that clause he would have to prove a breach of the club's duty of care. What evidence is there of this? It is crap that the club doesn't know what substances were given to players, there are pictures all over the internet of the lists of substances and doses prescribed for each player. If there had been an unsafe workplace Workcover would have already taken action, we were investigated just like all the other Vic clubs and the AFL are being investigated at the moment.

I have no doubt Ryder will be traded if he really wants to go, but we will get value for him and I'm sure the club is ready to go to court if necessary to defend its position.

Already been detailed and adhered to by Essendon after the Ziggy Switkowski investigation / report. See below comments:

They included ''rapid diversification into exotic supplements'', an increased number of injections, use of off-site injection rooms, the emergence of ''unfamiliar suppliers'' and the marginalisation of traditional medical staff.

It combined ''to create a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented within the club''.

Very doubtful that Essendon will get true value for Ryder.

I don't think Ryder is the player we need he's not a forward the most he's kicked in a season is 27 I can see Freeman kicking that next year. We need a forward who can at least kick 50 goals a season Save our money and draft picks and go after a true full forward would be better off for the Lions. It's not like Ryder will bring fans to the game

Mate, if Port had Ryder and Lobbe as their tag team ruck/forward combo they'd be red hot favourites for the 2015 premiership!

How are Port favourites if he is up in brisbane right now with Swanny, Warren and Leppa. That must surely put brisbane infront if he and his wife both went through the club and are having dinner with them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back