Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Riewoldt had a stellar year, not one defender in the top 10?

As I said, midfielders get the praises over big men. Over a season of 10-1 voting system they will dominate the count.

I'm not shooting down the coaches award, I think it should be that or players award which we give more cred to rather than Brownlow, but you have to admit, they all favour mids. It's just the way the comp is these days.
Roo was good but who was he better than out of those mids I named? Saints also did not win a lot of games.

As I said, midfielders get the praises over big men. Over a season of 10-1 voting system they will dominate the count.

I'm not shooting down the coaches award, I think it should be that or players award which we give more cred to rather than Brownlow, but you have to admit, they all favour mids. It's just the way the comp is these days.

Gray spent more than 50% of game time in the fwd half. Obviously a midfeilder size and does go through there quite a bit, but spent more time in the fwd half this year. I agree that Middys to get most of the attention, just some food for thought. Of the other gun middys in the comp who else plays more fwd than mid? Dustin Martin probably, maybe Fyfe at times, Dangerfeild at times. Anyone elsse you guys can think of?

Gray spent more than 50% of game time in the fwd half. Obviously a midfeilder size and does go through there quite a bit, but spent more time in the fwd half this year. I agree that Middys to get most of the attention, just some food for thought. Of the other gun middys in the comp who else plays more fwd than mid? Dustin Martin probably, maybe Fyfe at times, Dangerfeild at times. Anyone elsse you guys can think of?
Harvey

I would have had Hooker as the number 1 defender in the comp in 2014 - Heppell had a better year IMO. Your B&F will be interesting.

No defender in the top 10 because there were 9 better mids and 1 better forward.

Thought Mckenzies and Hookers years were outstanding and the beat 2 tall defenders for the year. (Dont care what AA says)

Will be interesting B&Fs have the eagles had theres? Will Mckenzie out do the reigning brownlow medalist?

Will Hooker upstage Heppell?

Anyway I reckon if the AA team actually picked players on roles than Ryder wouldve been this years AA FWD/Ruck I mean who came close? No one can kick the goals he did that is also a ruck.

Anyway I reckon if the AA team actually picked players on roles than Ryder wouldve been this years AA FWD/Ruck I mean who came close? No one can kick the goals he did that is also a ruck.

Yeah no-one can kick those 20 goals he managed this year. Hard to see anyone else managing that less than one goal per game average.

Wait..David Hale averaged more than that...okay he should have been an AA then.

Personally I am happy enough for Roughhead to be the backup ruck in that side and I take the extra 50 goals he managed. If they were going to pick a second ruck it should have been Jacobs. He was the unlucky one not to be selected not Ryder.

This is a thread about trading Paddy Ryder on a board dedicated to Drafts and Trading. If you would like to discuss the on going ASADA investigation then you're welcome to pop over to the HTB. If you would like to discuss "Essenlol", "Essendrug", or any other humerus analogy, please drop into the * thread on the North board or to the Bay. You're even free to tag me, I can say the darnedest things.

Now that I have finished my Koolaid inspired, drug filled post, please continue with the above reminder ;)

This is a thread about trading Paddy Ryder on a board dedicated to Drafts and Trading. If you would like to discuss the on going ASADA investigation then you're welcome to pop over to the HTB. If you would like to discuss "Essenlol", "Essendrug", or any other humerus analogy, please drop into the * thread on the North board or to the Bay. You're even free to tag me, I can say the darnedest things.

Now that I have finished my Koolaid inspired, drug filled post, please continue with the above reminder ;)
Typo or latest peptide?

Fair enough but its a factor in this trade. The reason he walked and the only reason pick 16 is being talked about. He would be easily a top 10 pick without the ASADA crap.

Typo or latest peptide?

Typo. Drugs are bad, stay in school.

Fair enough but its a factor in this trade. The reason he walked and the only reason pick 16 is being talked about. He would be easily a top 10 pick without the ASADA crap.

True. We are aware of this but there are a few that take the cheap shot when they can. Not everyone is as educated and classy as us ;)

Typo. Drugs are bad, stay in school.

True. We are aware of this but there are a few that take the cheap shot when they can. Not everyone is as educated and classy as us ;)

Sweet - just need to double check before each post if I am in the draft or sympathy thread.

What is you prediction for the trade?

Sweet - just need to double check before each post if I am in the draft or sympathy thread.

What is you prediction for the trade?

I have to check to see if I need to add a * with every post.

My prediction is that he will get to where he wants to go and that no legal issue will be made of it. He wants to go, he is mentally over it all, I have no issues with him wanting out. I don't agree with how he has handled everything, but I think that we can cut the guy some slack.

I can't see Essendon doing as well as some may think out of this trade. Ryder leaving does hurt us, I'd say we will be chasing a state based ruckman or poach another ruck from another team to fill the hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My prediction is that he will get to where he wants to go and that no legal issue will be made of it. He wants to go, he is mentally over it all, I have no issues with him wanting out. I don't agree with how he has handled everything, but I think that we can cut the guy some slack.

I can't see Essendon doing as well as some may think out of this trade. Ryder leaving does hurt us, I'd say we will be chasing a state based ruckman or poach another ruck from another team to fill the hole.

You could get Hampson from the tigers for a frozen chicken. You'd have to throw something else in to get Meagan though ...

Good post - they add a serving of brains with the mod tag.

16 and a player looks about right. I doubt the player will add much value.

Bargain for port.

Giles won't be overly expensive.

Good post - they add a serving of brains with the mod tag.

16 and a player looks about right. I doubt the player will add much value.

Bargain for port.

Giles won't be overly expensive.

Unfortunately I think you could be right. There is no chance that Port will give a top 15-20 player to us. We might get Butcher, but I'm not a huge fan of his. I see no way that Ryder walks and we get something decent for him, unless another club is involved.

Name the top 20 mids. Plenty of names come to mind. Name the best KPP or rucks. It's a harder job. Saying that a player is better or worse isn't accurate, it is value to the team and list.
so tell me jab what player do you deserve from our list? oh and plus our first draft pick

you can't expect to get something without giving up anything of worth in return. why is this so hard to understand?
okay and try and get the players in the 1-15 bracket (because that's the players you want) to move to essendon..see how that works for you. hartlett seems to be the hot topic on the board so go give him a ring.

you can't expect to get something without giving up anything of worth in return. why is this so hard to understand?
Very true. BUT. With the cloud over his future and the reasons behind it, his value for the bombers is not as much as it would be without the complications. Which seems to be hard for bombers fans to understand

Unfortunately I think you could be right. There is no chance that Port will give a top 15-20 player to us. We might get Butcher, but I'm not a huge fan of his. I see no way that Ryder walks and we get something decent for him, unless another club is involved.

Just on Butcher, he draws very polarising views from the PAFC faithful but the guy has talent. I'm one that thinks highly of him. He has had horrible luck with injury and has had confidence issues this year that I feel stem from this but a change may be catalyst. He was once dubbed "The Future" of the PAFC. Even with his issues this year he was our leading SANFL goal kicker. Anyway, not trying to sell because I still have hopes for him but if that's what you ended up with you might end up with a diamond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back