Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Baguley got one vote less than Paddy, what is the trade value of Baguley?

16 + Boak I believe

lol keep dreaming..more like 16 + wingard and maybe robbie gray to sweeten things off.

Top quality posts right here!
giphy.gif

What everyone has to remember about Ryder is he's one of the only players (and probably the only ruckman) in the comp who can play on from a mark and snap a goal from 40m out on a tight angle.
Whilst not looking at the goals and off one step with players running down that side. Hes not only one of the only rucks capable but not many players in the comp do that

He will go to whoever bids the highest for him. The club does not owe him to get to his preferred destination, they are already doing him a favour by agreeing to entertain a trade. If it doesn't get done, he will be seeing out the remaining 2 years of his CONTRACT.

I dont either

But its happened in the past with guys like Clark and Franklin.

Maybe Ryders not as much about the money however he has alot of family in WA and extra dollars plus in the same position to win a flag would go pretty close wouldnt it?

Buddy never changed his mind, his management approached Sydney after the 2013 premiership. GWS was merely a media ruse that was never denied.

Clark is the only one who genuinely flipped

He will go to whoever bids the highest for him.

Hi. Are you new to football by any chance? First of all, welcome to our great game, although you've picked an odd club to start supporting given their current situation. Secondly, perhaps since you're on the Drafts and Trading board, you should educate yourself on how trading works, because it certainly doesn't work like that.

He will go to whoever bids the highest for him. The club does not owe him to get to his preferred destination, they are already doing him a favour by agreeing to entertain a trade. If it doesn't get done, he will be seeing out the remaining 2 years of his CONTRACT.

Is it easier to enforce a contract if its written in capital letters ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it easier to enforce a contract if its written in capital letters ?

PROBABLY :)

Still think this has some twists and turns to go before it is all played out though. If it was my team with Triggy at the helm and Paddy Ryder wanted out, we'd have traded him for unders and offered to pay the existing two years left on the contract to sweeten the deal but I am not sure things will be quite as easy here as Essendon will be opening the floodgates if they let him go for market value ( which I personally believe your first round pick is).

If ASADA hold off on re issuing the SC notices until wingnut finishes his multiple appeals, then it may be hard for Paddy to prove that Essendon didn't have his welfare looked after to walk to Port in the next few weeks. Interesting trade period ahead with this playing out...

pretty sure Paddy never actually lived in Perth. so moving back would be to yet another completely new city however can drive to his hometown instead of fly.
He went to clontarf academy (perth) and was drafted from east freo
From Wikipedia :
A Noongar/Yamatji man, Ryder's father Revis Ryder also played football for East Fremantle.

Ryder was part of the AFL under-18 All-Australian team and represented Australia in the under-18 international rules in Ireland. He had a successful career in the West Australian Football League (WAFL), playing for the East Fremantle Football Club.

Last edited:
Priddis won the Brownlow whats his trade value?
The brownlow is voted by umpires, how the club votes is far more indicative of how a player is perceived at any individual club, how many top 5 results is that for Ryder for his career at Essendon?

Hi. Are you new to football by any chance? First of all, welcome to our great game, although you've picked an odd club to start supporting given their current situation. Secondly, perhaps since you're on the Drafts and Trading board, you should educate yourself on how trading works, because it certainly doesn't work like that.

No I am not new to the game. In fact, I would back that my knowledge of the game far outweighs yours. In fact, I would back myself in thinking that you actually aren't as intelligent as you definitely seem to think. Let me map this out for your thick head.

Scenario A) Player is out of contract - Player has great freedom to choose his club of preference because if he doesn't, the incumbent club risks losing that player for nothing through the threat of the PSD/ND.

Scenario B) Player is in contract - Player has less freedom to choose his club because his incumbent club holds all the aces. Should the player choose only one club that does not offer a suitable trade, then that player will be obligated by contract law to remain at his original club for the remainder of his contractual terms.

We have absolutely no obligation to ensure Ryder ends up at Port Adelaide. In fact, we have an obligation to ensure that we get the fairest and most equitable trade. If that does not come from Port, then the club will be open to other offers. Port simply has first right of refusal. Remember Mitch Clark wanting to go to Freo? How did that end up?

Perhaps you need to find yourself a new educational institution since you think you know everything but really know nothing.

21 yo CHB for the team that finished third?
27yo ruckman for the team that finished 7th and never AA or top 3 B+F....

He was probably our best defender for the season entirety.

You are joking, right? Because this is one of the most idiotic posts I have read on BF. If you had Ryder and Homsch to choose from in the yard, who would you go for?

You are joking, right? Because this is one of the most idiotic posts I have read on BF. If you had Ryder and Homsch to choose from in the yard, who would you go for?
Homsch if it came down to that. He has improved beyond belief over the past season and is tracking to All Australian sooner rather than later. Is currently our best defender.

Homsch if it came down to that. He has improved beyond belief over the past season and is tracking to All Australian sooner rather than later. Is currently our best defender.

Ryder is a 26yo elite ruckman/forward who can even play in defence. They don't grow on trees like key defenders. Ryder is so far superior to Homsch it is just silly to argue.

Ryder is a 26yo elite ruckman/forward who can even play in defence. They don't grow on trees like key defenders. Ryder is so far superior to Homsch it is just silly to argue.
Ryder is probably worth more then Hombsch. But the age difference does even it up

Even so. Pick 16 + Hombsch is way way overs and you will not be getting that. He is in the list of must keeps

These are the players that essendon might be able to consider:
Moore
Young
Mitchell
Newton
Butcher
Clurey (would be difficult)

Or he will just use the exit clause to walk out on the Bombers.

When are you Bomber supporters going to realise that he does not want to play for you ever again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back