Traded Paul Seedsman [traded to Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

What's his deal? Injuries?

Seems to play a few good games and then fades back into obscurity. Reminds me of Rhyce Shaw with a higher ceiling - provides great dash but is also prone to making some awful decisions on occasion.
Hip surgery in the last 2 pre seasons hasn't helped his preparation and is perhaps his only excuse currently. Can't see him being much value at the trade table. People are seduced by a few flashy runs and long kicks. Lacks substance overall

Think you are being kind mentioning him with Rhyce Shaw but to claim he has a higher ceiling than Rhyce is a big miscalculation for mine.

Last edited:

Hip surgery in the last 2 pre seasons hasn't helped his preparation and is perhaps his only excuse currently. Can't see him being much value at the trade table. People are seduced by a few flashy runs and long kicks. Lacks substance overall

Think you are being kind mentioning him with Rhyce Shaw but to claim he has a higher ceiling than Rhyce is a big miscalculation for mine.
Rhyce Shaw at the same age is actually a pretty good comparison. Both had/have the tools but can't put it together on a consistent basis.

North his rumoured destination yet he doesnt seem to have made any public announcements. I was expecting perhaps he was waiting for North to exit the finals before going public in their interest in Seedsman. Or have they gone cold on him?
Hearing suns are into him bigtime and hear he wants to play under Eade's coaching

Hearing suns are into him bigtime and hear he wants to play under Eade's coaching
If GC were willing to give their second for him it would be a massive win for the Pies imo. We might even be able to get a reasonable KPP with that pick.

If GC were willing to give their second for him it would be a massive win for the Pies imo. We might even be able to get a reasonable KPP with that pick.

Can't see why we wouldn't be prepared to offer up #22.

Kid still only 23 with upside. His good is very good, just needs consistency. Good size, fills a role on our list.

Can't see why we wouldn't be prepared to offer up #22.

Kid still only 23 with upside. His good is very good, just needs consistency. Good size, fills a role on our list.
Player swap??

Rodney Eade & Buckley love each other. I would suggest if Seedsman is going to the GC, McKenzie is on the way out.

He has caused a lot of issues Offield and Rocket wants to change the culture. Hine was allover him a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player swap??

Rodney Eade & Buckley love each other. I would suggest if Seedsman is going to the GC, McKenzie is on the way out.

He has caused a lot of issues Offield and Rocket wants to change the culture. Hine was allover him a few years ago.

The only 2 players left uncontracted at the Suns that haven't nominated clubs yet are Z.Smith & Gorringe.

And contracted but being traded Harley.

Mid season we thought guys like McKenzie & Matera might be put up for trade to free up cap space for Dixon, but club didn't match the Dixon $$$, so Eade has them in his current plan moving fwd.

Not saying they aren't obtainable, but it would take an overs offer to secure any contracted guys like that.

Contracts mean little these days. Eade wants to change the culture and McKenzie has been one of the trouble makers Offield. I'm not saying he will be traded for Seedsman if he did move there but I think Rocket will shake up your list this offseason.

Contracts mean little these days. Eade wants to change the culture and McKenzie has been one of the trouble makers Offield. I'm not saying he will be traded for Seedsman if he did move there but I think Rocket will shake up your list this offseason.

Not fighting for Dixon & putting Harley up for trade has accomplished the shake. They were the 2 bad eggs influencing others. (And Hunt obviously).

Matera really turned things around in the 2nd half of the season and the Suns media department have been pumping him up since seasons end, so he is safe.

But agree if a contracted player was considered obtainable, McKenzie would be the next on the list. He & Schade are basically fighting for the same 3rd tall defender spot, add another defender and competition becomes stronger.

But again, Suns always play over the top hard ball with contracted players. We haven't lost a contracted player yet in 5yrs which is good going for an expansion club.

Not fighting for Dixon & putting Harley up for trade has accomplished the shake. They were the 2 bad eggs influencing others. (And Hunt obviously).

Matera really turned things around in the 2nd half of the season and the Suns media department have been pumping him up since seasons end, so he is safe.

But agree if a contracted player was considered obtainable, McKenzie would be the next on the list. He & Schade are basically fighting for the same 3rd tall defender spot, add another defender and competition becomes stronger.

But again, Suns always play over the top hard ball with contracted players. We haven't lost a contracted player yet in 5yrs which is good going for an expansion club.
Take Blair as wll

Regarding trent, we already have medium tall defenders. Bennell is the type we need, especially since freeman leaving. We need line breakers. If only seedsman could deliver on his potential and work twice as hard.

Clinton Young.... Anyone?

Rhyce Shaw at the same age is actually a pretty good comparison. Both had/have the tools but can't put it together on a consistent basis.
Difference is we know Rhyces ceiling now. It's a lot higher than anything Seedsman is likely to achieve.

Difference is we know Rhyces ceiling now. It's a lot higher than anything Seedsman is likely to achieve.
Disagree. If Seedsman showed some application he could reach the same or greater heights than Shaw imo. The kid has talent to burn.

Disagree. If Seedsman showed some application he could reach the same or greater heights than Shaw imo. The kid has talent to burn.
Talent is a funny thing. We assume he has talent because he can break a line and kick well. He looks impressive when he does that but he lacks one on one ability and has liabilities as a player

Rhyce was a 237 game premiership player, who had 2 second placings in the Swans B&F. That puts him at a level few payers get to. Seedsman hasn't even cemented a place in a mid range senior side. He is a long way off Shaws level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back