Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

RTB alluded to it in the presser. Along the lines of "some of our backs thought they were full fwds and it got out the back. We've already spoken about it with them. It won't be happening again".

Meanwhile, it's fantastic to hear that Moller is starting to show signs! Very exciting
Yeah, Im rapt about Moller. A ruck/forward is a rare commodity. i hope we have time to persist with him.

Peel players in the state squad on the weekend Jone, Jetta and Ugle.

It looks like the defense is qoing to be 80% Swan Districts. Ames, Howard, Justin Simpson and Notte.

Notte has being playing like (dare I say it) Harry Taylor in defense this year. (now that I have said that, he is a monty to have a shocker in the State game).

Peel players in the state squad on the weekend Jone, Jetta and Ugle.

It looks like the defense is qoing to be 80% Swan Districts. Ames, Howard, Justin Simpson and Notte.

Notte has being playing like (dare I say it) Harry Taylor in defense this year. (now that I have said that, he is a monty to have a shocker in the State game).
I noticed Notte playing quite well in defense against Peel, I just didn't have the courage to say anything about it out loud! ;)

I noticed Notte playing quite well in defense against Peel, I just didn't have the courage to say anything about it out loud! ;)
He has become a very good footballer and is still only 25. If we wanted to take a chance on a underweight lag off backman, pinch hit ruck, pinch hit forward, i would go for him rather than Bootsma.

He reads the play very well as a defender Notte. It was a good move to put him down there. 196cm 80kg.
although the situation is better for mature agers these days its still kind of crazy that no one would draft him. He's proved that he's durable, you could get 5 years of plug & play footy out of him.

although the situation is better for mature agers these days its still kind of crazy that no one would draft him. He's proved that he's durable, you could get 5 years of plug & play footy out of him.
Yeah, but I guess we saw what happens to skinny guys against big bodied KPP in the AFL with Boyd on A Pearce yesterday. The question is, could Notte hold his own in the contest? He won't always have the option to go third man up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no offence to the club, but how rushed was that article?
one example:
"Lachie Weller
Lachie played at half-back with time on-ball in the second half. He showed composure and skill providing rebound and run off half-back. He also had a great chase in the fourth quarter to stop the midfield."

I remember there used to be critique and analysis of each player. :( not such a good read any more, just Stats regurgitation. We can look those up our selves

no offence to the club, but how rushed was that article?
one example:
"Lachie Weller
Lachie played at half-back with time on-ball in the second half. He showed composure and skill providing rebound and run off half-back. He also had a great chase in the fourth quarter to stop the midfield."

I remember there used to be critique and analysis of each player. :( not such a good read any more, just Stats regurgitation. We can look those up our selves
Too many players to cover, in previous years everyone was injured.

At least we don't get the 'He ran some really good lines' crap they get up the road. What is it with them and lines.
For a while all we got was ground balls, positioning and transition running.
I kind of liked the old ones Malaxos did. It was like reading a primary school kids homework.
"Jesse Kr^T¨N - Jesse was good. He did some good running and defended good when we didn't have the ball. He needs to do more gooder things sometimes in the 2nd half but overall he did the good things good.
Now its just a couple of lines with very little of interest.

Good news: Zac Dawson has been named, Matt de Boer will get a full game, and Josh Deluca is (final cut pending) back up from the reserves.
Bad news: Alex Pearce is missing due to that back soreness.

TEAM LIST - ROUND 10
teamlist_graphic_02.jpg

FB: 36. Zac Dawson 22. Tanner Smith 42. Ethan Hughes
teamlist_graphic_04.jpg

HB: 1. Gerald Ugle 10. Joshua Bootsma 11. Joshua Mathers
teamlist_graphic_06.jpg

C: 14. Lachie Weller 19. Connor Blakely 26. Ed Langdon
teamlist_graphic_08.jpg

HF: 44. Jacob Ballard 43. Thomas Vandeleur 5. Leroy Jetta
teamlist_graphic_10.jpg

FF: 24. Max Duffy 40. Craig Moller 28. Brady Grey
teamlist_graphic_12.jpg

FOLLOWERS
38. Jack Hannath
8. Matthew De Boer

3. Brendon Jones

INTERCHANGE
12. Benjamin Hancock
16. Nathan Fahey
17. Brayden Lawler
18. Mitchell Gill
20. Kieran May
39. Joshua Deluca
58. Sean Hurley

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

IN: 8. Matthew De Boer, 18. Mitchell Gill, 20. Kieran May, 36. Zac Dawson, 38. Jack Hannath, 39. Joshua Deluca,
spacer.gif

OUT: 7. Tendai Mzungu, 23. Hayden Crozier, 56. Jonathon Griffin,

Always better to have them playing but I don't mind Pearce being put in cotton wool for a bit now, list continues to be very healthy compared to a lot of teams and a good game from Dawson and we still have that defensive option ready to go.

Last edited:
Ugh, that forward line and our future. I know Apeness is highly regarded at the club but still has a lot that needs to be worked on. We are going to pay a kings ransom for a Hogan type eventually

Remove this Banner Ad

Back