Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Some things from the Dallas game ... positive and negative

__

Jenkins played over half the game with a concussion. Concussions are never good. Passed protocols this week however and is back training

__

Bit of a mini breakdown by Mayock on Lane Johnson

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000579042/Low-Hanging-Fruit-Eagles-Lane-Johnson

__

Bit of Sound 'FX' type stuff

Main points: Demarco calling out Dallas O plays to our D. And Witten complaining 91 is too big :D

940_birds_eye_view_dolphins_111415.jpg

kelce had 3 of the 4 offensive penalties I believe, suh is a tough matchup tho. Although we did not run the ball that well, I think the offense played ok. I thought we lost the game on special teams, and on miles austin having a shitter of a day. Drag your foot you spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Perspective' is often slang for trying to roll a turd in glitter.

We had a competitive team roster, we're now flaming garbage.

One man is responsible.

Can you guess who?

He inherited flaming garbage to begin with. He should get another year. The problems are all fixable. A 4 win team went to 10 and 10 again the next year despite the starting offensive line not playing together at all and missing Foles for half the season.

Wanted to look through every decision made over the offseason and see whether you all think it is a pass or a fail.

Trading Foles and a 2nd for Bradford -
Refusing to match the Chiefs offer for Maclin -
Cutting Mathis -
Cutting Herremans -
Cutting Cole -
Trading McCoy for Alonso and cap space -
Signing Maxwell -
Signing Thurmond -

I think the biggest mistake was clearly not addressing the offensive line since we took Lane Johnson in the first round. They tried to address the WR situation by taking Agholor who has been a real disappointment so far. What a rubbish day to be a fan.

Foles-Bradford trade - Loss due to 2nd round pick. Both have been s**t this year. Bradford slightly better but not 2nd round better.

Maclin - Loss. We've had no consistency at WR this year. Huff and Cooper have had mini stretches of decency. Matthews has struggled.

Mathis - Fine

Herremans - Fine

Cole - Fine

McCoy-Alonso - Neutral. Face value maybe not, but it has allowed us to sign Mathews which has been one of the best pickups.

Maxwell - Why cant we find good CBs.

Thurmond - Big win.

I really hope the Sanchez people can shut up now. He was terrible today apart from the first drive. We know what he brings, and its s**t. Fine as a backup, but can't rely on him

I really hope the Sanchez people can shut up now. He was terrible today apart from the first drive. We know what he brings, and its s**t. Fine as a backup, but can't rely on him

What do you do in the offseason regarding the QB situation? Has Bradford shown enough in your eyes to keep him on a reduced contract?

Yes and no. His moments are starting quality, but he doesnt have the consistency. Could that be down to not playing in 2 years prior and learning a new system?

Wanted to look through every decision made over the offseason and see whether you all think it is a pass or a fail.

Trading Foles and a 2nd for Bradford -
Refusing to match the Chiefs offer for Maclin -
Cutting Mathis -
Cutting Herremans -
Cutting Cole -
Trading McCoy for Alonso and cap space -
Signing Maxwell -
Signing Thurmond -

I think the biggest mistake was clearly not addressing the offensive line since we took Lane Johnson in the first round. They tried to address the WR situation by taking Agholor who has been a real disappointment so far. What a rubbish day to be a fan.
If you tried to give an evaluation on last years 2ndary after 10 games last year, you would probably all in on cary and bradley. Bradford trade really needs the full year to evaluate, looks to show improvement since the start of the season. More important than free agency is the draft,

Lurie only has himself to blame. Mismanagement on his part to let a college-NFL-noob control so much of the football operations, and allow the gutting of so much talent. Even if he isn't a football guy, as a business guy, he should've realized you don't get rid of your assets.

----------

Appearing on Sirius XM NFL Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter said "momentum and signs seem to be piling up against a Chip Kelly return to Philadelphia."

Schefter added that the two sides are "sick of each other." The Eagles have greatly underachieved this year, compiling a listless 4-6 record while playing in arguably the league's worst division. Kelly's offense has been particularly disappointing as the Eagles have averaged just 22.9 points per game, well down from last year's 29.6. A host of college teams will be interested in Kelly if he becomes available this offseason.

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio on Twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back