Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought that was an encouraging loss, apart from the drops. We really miss maclin, he probably misses philly too.
moved the ball pretty well vs a very talented defense, without peters for most of the night.
front 7 struggled vs the run, but 2ndary played lights out.

Hopefully Peters injury is not too bad, and Alonso is able to make it back vs the cowboys in 2 weeks.

Took the words right out of my mouth re: Maclin. Disappointing how that all went down, they actually wanted to keep him and he would be so important to this team right now. Agholor really hasn't shown up at all so far, Matthews gets himself in position to make plays and just drops the ball (excuse the pun).

I didn't really expect us to win this game, was hopeful more than anything. The annoying this was they definitely had a chance to steal it. ESPN said it was the most drops by Eagles receivers since 2006. Terrible.

Bye week was a good week for the eagles.
Looks like all the division games from here on out are huge, given its unlikely 2nd in the divison will net a wildcard berth.
Dallas looks like they are falling apart. Greg Hardy reminds me of Terrell Owens as an eagle, getting it done, but destroying the team in the process. Seeing Weeden and Cassel flounder like they have makes me happy we have Sanchez.

I think we are in big trouble without Peters this week. He's the player we could least afford to lose in offence.
I recon Lane Johnson will surprise filling in for peters. Kelce needs to be stronger at centre for mine to get the run game going & keep the pressure off Bradford to hit some deeper targets... If anyone can catch this week :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had my foot in my mouth the whole 4th quarter and OT.
Maybe Sturgis's clutch FG saved our season, given how the next cowboys drive panned out.
Faced with 2 false start penalties in OT, the offense really came through.
Chip going for it on 4th and short and the team converting was huge.
Great finish to a nailbiting game.

I had my foot in my mouth the whole 4th quarter and OT.
Maybe Sturgis's clutch FG saved our season, given how the next cowboys drive panned out.
Faced with 2 false start penalties in OT, the offense really came through.
Chip going for it on 4th and short and the team converting was huge.
Great finish to a nailbiting game.

Know what you mean - watched the replay last night after avoiding the score all day & felt sure there was going to be a turnover during that last ot drive & of course for a minute it looked like there was:drunk:. Good all round performance (haven't said that for a while) & lets hope that is the win that delivers the offence the confidence it appears to have been missing so far this season.

Fastest to the end zone
The fastest ball carriers on their way to the end zone during Week 9 all hit at least 20 mph: New Orleans Saints wide receiver Brandin Cooks (21.40 mph), Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins (21.27), Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Mohamed Sanu (20.88), Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks (20.56) and Cleveland Browns running back Duke Johnson (20.35).

Know what you mean - watched the replay last night after avoiding the score all day & felt sure there was going to be a turnover during that last ot drive & of course for a minute it looked like there was:drunk:. Good all round performance (haven't said that for a while) & lets hope that is the win that delivers the offence the confidence it appears to have been missing so far this season.

I wouldn't go so far as to say a good all round performance.

Our secondary got burned by the combination of a third string Qb, and Cole Beasley and we let go of 3 leads in the last quarter.

Hate to imagine what Brady / Edelman might do to us.

For sure. No realistic fan would think we're winning that. We can win the division without doing so. It's just an illustration that we weren't that spectacular.

I'll take it given how ratshit awful we've looked at times this year, but let's not get carried away into thinking we should be thrilled at limping to a win over the 2-6 cowboys.

I saw the Eagles almost beat the pats during their 16-1 season, with aj feely as the Qb. So anything is possible. Doubt we will win the game, but hope we compete with them. They are also significantly weaker without soldier and Lewis out for the season.

The offense is improving every week, I thought it was an impressive performance vs Dallas given it was an away game and we were missing peters.

I wouldn't go so far as to say a good all round performance.

Our secondary got burned by the combination of a third string Qb, and Cole Beasley and we let go of 3 leads in the last quarter.

Hate to imagine what Brady / Edelman might do to us.

yeah maybe 'good' was a stretch, but it did feel real good straight afterwards;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back