Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Aww didums
Fair enough

Giants-rally-to-nip-Pats-in-Super-Bowl-C5UUD7E-x-large.jpg

Reports are he wants to play for Washington. First team he's scheduled to meet with as a free agent.

Gotta admit, RG3 + Garcon + DJax + Morris = fun.

Reports are he wants to play for Washington. First team he's scheduled to meet with as a free agent.

Gotta admit, RG3 + Garcon + DJax + Morris = fun.
No one wants to play for Washington. They just use Snyder to drive up their asking price with other teams they're interested in playing for.
If they do end up at Washington it's only because they were drafted there or they accepted the most money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Chip or Howie the DJax Axeman?
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...p-kelly-howie-roseman-desean-jackson-released

When the going gets weird, Tommy Lawlor of Iggles Blitz (and BGN) is a reliable source of level-headed perspective. Plowing through all the Djacc angst, I noticed an interesting cautionary note in
one of Tommy's recent columns:

As to this decision, I am curious how much of it was Kelly and how much of it was others in the organization. DeSean does not feel like a Chip Kelly type of player, but at the same time, Kelly is an offensive coach that loves playmakers. DeSean can be a dynamic playmaker. I’m sure Kelly had a hand in this decision, but I don’t know if he was the one who got the ball rolling and pushed for the move to be made.

Everyone has been assuming that this was Chip Kelly laying down the law, being the new sheriff in town. His well-publicized demotion of DeSean to the 2nd and 3rd teams in training camp fed this assumption. But it the reality may be different. There are a number of quiet hints in various articles that indicate that Chip may not have been the prime mover.

Lawlor -- who writes for the Eagles' website -- was cagey about who "others in the organization" might be, but there are only two possibilities -- GM Howie Roseman and owner Jeffrey Lurie. And only Roseman makes sense. There's no reason that Lurie would change his mind between 2012, when the team signed Jackson to his five-year contract, and now. Even if you think those "gang affiliations" influenced the team, and I'm not convinced they did, the incidents in the NJ.com article took place well before that extension was signed. There is nothing new to sway him.

Roseman, on the other hand, has more specific reasons to be glad that Jackson was released. Besides his expensive contract -- the largest on the team -- Djax had signed with a new agent and was hinting at more labor strife. Roseman certainly hasn't forgotten Jackson's training camp holdout in 2011, or the way he skipped meetings and (allegedly) played it safe on the field that year until he got more money.

Chip and Howie are not idiots, I assume they looked at desean and determined the whole package (on and off the field) to not be worth 10 million per season.
He is coming off a career year, but before this year he was inconsistent to say the least.
It sends a hell of a message to the locker room about the importance of team first vs me first.

I will definitely miss him in an eagles uniform on gameday tho...

Chip and Howie are not idiots, I assume they looked at desean and determined the whole package (on and off the field) to not be worth 10 million per season.
He is coming off a career year, but before this year he was inconsistent to say the least.
It sends a hell of a message to the locker room about the importance of team first vs me first.

I will definitely miss him in an eagles uniform on gameday tho...

Attitude can really make or break a play maker when it comes to re-signing to a long term deal. It would be a travesty for Chip & Roseman if the Eagles draft a rookie with the same attitude. The release of Jackson means they'll miss out on a conditional round two pick next season.

So rich white guys making decisions. Some guys grow up in 'gangs' in the poor areas or at least affiliated , a lot of times simply for security in very poor areas. Seems a tad harsh when he hasn't even been accused of anything.

DJax is a Redskin.

In the immortal words of Shaq to Kobe...

"Tell me how my ass taste"

I think if we wanted to describe the Washington Football Team's record in the last 15 years (the Dan Snyder Era), I think the term "tasted like ass" would be fitting. Its probably the same term used this past (3-13) season. It will also get used when the they watch the Rams use the 2nd pick of the upcoming draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back