Player Watch Pick #53 (2022) - Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the go in the 2nd half?

In the gameday thread read something about him spending time on the bench and clashing with other talls.

What was the go in the 2nd half?

In the gameday thread read something about him spending time on the bench and clashing with other talls.
Copped a spray from Hayes right after he took a good mark on the lead and kicked his second goal. Hayes was pointing to the pocket during the exchange. Must have gone against team instructions.

Must be leading our goal kicking surely?
I believe he's on 12 goals from 9 games.

Trailing him are Szust with 10 goals from 7 games, Evans with 9 goals from 6 games.

I believe he's on 12 goals from 9 games.

Trailing him are Szust with 10 goals from 7 games, Evans with 9 goals from 6 games.

Geez times change. In 1980 Tim Evans kicked 146 goals in a season ! :rolleyes:

10 goals from 7 games, I remember Scott Hodges booting 10 goals in one game. In fact I think Scotty did it a couple of weeks in a row.

Times have certainly changed.

10 goals from 7 games, I remember Scott Hodges booting 10 goals in one game. In fact I think Scotty did it a couple of weeks in a row.

They certainly have, I can recall at least one season in the early 1970's when something like 4 or 5 players in the then VFL scored over 100 goals, and one of them was a bloke named Geoff Blethyn (Essendon) who had one season at Alberton in 1977 and was on the bench for the premiership team.

I don't remember how much game time he had, but he did score a goal.

Scott did it four weeks in a row when he broke the sanfl goal kicking record in 1990.

I thought Hodges had kicked his 100th against West Adelaide,, but I'm maybe getting mixed up as I think that was the "KG" game.

Yes, that is right. Young Scully still has a way to go. No player has ever kicked 10 goals in a game for Port in the AFL. Maybe Tom Scully will do it one day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todd possibly out this week with a bruised foot.

Would love to see Scully get a couple of quarters against the Crows out of the goal square.

I've always thought Scully would be a complete waste of time or a superstar with no middle ground.

At present I don't think he's a waste of time.

2022 - kicked 50 goals in 14 games for West in U/18 comp

2023 - kicked 19 goals in 19 games for Port in SANFL

This year could be a real breakout for him in the state league. Seems to stay on the park pretty consistently. Don't imagine he'll debut in the AFL this season but hoping for a few big bags and he finishes with 40+

I saw less of the "oh god, the ball hit the ground so now i have to transition and chase my defender and i'm absolutely ****ed, oh god why do i have to run so much why can'tit be the early 90's?" during the trial game.

He looked heaps fitter.

Not great hands, gets to contest , very mobile, but doesnt clunk them. Was the knock on him as are junior as was bit of late comer to afl. Reckon he may develop into a leading type, but long way to go still.
we have enough non-clunkers in the team already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back