Player Watch Pick #53 (2022) - Tom Scully

Remove this Banner Ad

Not great hands, gets to contest , very mobile, but doesnt clunk them. Was the knock on him as are junior as was bit of late comer to afl. Reckon he may develop into a leading type, but long way to go still.
His hands have looked pretty good from what I have seen. He seems to have all the tools if he cab build his endurance.

Hopefully not another Sam Hayes.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tanks not as big an issue for a key forward as a Ruck. He just needs to get down the ground as needed and look like someone better stay with him because you don't want him being used as a way out.

Goal kicking action looks very smooth and natural. Doesn't seem to be too many flaws, similar to Toddy. Hopefully it doesn't escape him when he gets into the senior team.

Pair him up with Lord against the Camry crows.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He and Georgiades were the only two tall forwards who played well, albeit against weaker opposition.

As far as I’m concerned, a forward set up of Marshall, Georgiades and Scully would be perfectly fine in round 1. Only problem is who plays second ruck.
It would be a bloodbath. Imagine for a second what Barass or McGovern would do to Scully? They would break the record for most intercept marks.

I hope Scully ends up like a Jason Dunstall type FF ie leads hard at the ball, uses his long arms to catch the ball out in front of him, defenders cant get their fists close to the ball and get picked up for chopping arms, and like Dunstall, he calmly goes back and kicks it straight with a very smooth kicking action.

Almost boring, but super efficient.

That means our game style has to change as he isnt the big gorilla you bomb the ball to like Charlie.

Last edited:
I hope Scully ends up like Jason Dunstall type FF ie leads hard at the ball, uses his long arms to catch the ball out in front of him, defenders cant get their fists close to the ball and get picked up for chopping arms, and like Dunstall, he calmly goes back and kicks it straight with a very smooth kicking action.

That means our game style has to change as he isnt the big gorilla you bomb the ball to like Charlie.

I hope he kicks 1000 goals and wins multiple flags too

I hope Scully ends up like Jason Dunstall type FF ie leads hard at the ball, uses his long arms to catch the ball out in front of him, defenders cant get their fists close to the ball and get picked up for chopping arms, and like Dunstall, he calmly goes back and kicks it straight with a very smooth kicking action.

It sounds weird but I was thinking that a bit about Georgiades' game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back