Analysis Pies awesome Anzac Day win. Match review

Remove this Banner Ad

geezus. sarcasm alert dude.

I came here and congratulated you guys and said "any team can beat any team on Anzac Day, regardless of form or ladder placement"

cue the moronic questions about who is better.

congrats on the win once again. the better team won on the day.[/QUOTgood night

Adams - thank you young Ball

Rama - have a look at the first 10 mins of Q1 and you'll understand why Bucks wants to persist w this kid

Grundy - loving his season

Broomy - sooo much promise, just needs to be in the game more

Crispo - just yep

Langdon - everywhere, just needs to tighten up disposal

Fantastic game today from Goldsack. Something for the knockers to chew on.

Took two great marks in the last quarter which were notable for how rare it was to see him hold on to them. Was also on Stanton for a good portion of the first half when he killed us. Let's not get over excited.
Thought Brown played his best game since this day around 2-3 years ago. Was excellent

That decision against Elliott in the first for hitting a Bomber player beneath the knees was absurd and goes against all the instincts of players

They where at the worst in the 3rd Qtr

Outside of Adams 2 Set Shots he was okay.

Grundy just seems to Kick it long as Possible when he can’t see a Clear Target

adams had more than just those. Great effort by him all day, really gets stuck in and wins plenty of it. Just wish he could use it a bit cleaner, will never be a great kick, but he has to refine his action a bit to negate the shockers he does produce.

Grundy needs more composore when he gets it, just throws his boot it at and it goes nowhere. tracking very well tho, cant wait for witts to join him in the seniors.

It's games like this which can really build up someone's career, the expectation and confidence in Seedsman will significantly boost his development. Star in the making.

Thought Pendlebury was surprisingly fast/agile/mobile today, especially compared to last week.
Was impressed by Adam's movement, speed and outside ability, disposal still poor
Brown was ok, Frost fantastic
Grundy just barely ok, disposals and hitouts weren't fantastic.
White Cloke worrying
Elliot surely has to be an AA candidate?
Swan good, Broomhead ok
Cripps did a great job on Watson

Took two great marks in the last quarter which were notable for how rare it was to see him hold on to them. Was also on Stanton for a good portion of the first half when he killed us. Let's not get over excited.
Thought Brown played his best game since this day around 2-3 years ago. Was excellent

Apart from goldsacks 2 late last qtr marks, i thought he was average. So fumbly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

adams had more than just those. Great effort by him all day, really gets stuck in and wins plenty of it. Just wish he could use it a bit cleaner, will never be a great kick, but he has to refine his action a bit to negate the shockers he does produce.

Grundy needs more composore when he gets it, just throws his boot it at and it goes nowhere. tracking very well tho, cant wait for witts to join him in the seniors.
Adams is not the only one that has Terrible Kicks and Disposal.

Agree that when Grundy gets the Ball too often he just puts it on his Foot and get if Forward to Quickly. Though the Kick across the Goal Face in the last was a Good One. Kicks do go Forward

I can't stop smiling! I'm so proud and ecstatic with the way we played today. It's just a huge win and character-building for a young side like ours but I had a feeling during the week that we would surprise many people and I'm glad I wasn't wrong today.

Seedsman played one of his best games ever and was a worthy ANZAC Medal medallist. Jack Crisp continues to surprise me and I love his addition to the club. He's been an outstanding player so far. The usual suspects in Pendles, Swan and even Cloke were very solid today.

The defence was absolutely outstanding and was huge in our ability to win today's game. Carlisle and Daniher did very little today and Essendon seemed perplexed of ideas of how to counter that issue for the whole match.

The skill level is still not very good but our endeavour and tackling pressure is fantastic and makes up for that particular weakness.

Just an awesome match and one of the best I've seen since ANZAC Day last year actually! A memorable win and it will give this young group huge amount of confidence heading into the season.

Bring on the Scum now!

I understand the celebration after a win, but some people are getting ahead of themselves. There are still a lot of problem areas for this team, heart and attack on the ball not being one of them. Wet conditions definitely helped us.
We need Seedsman to become a borderline A grader by the end of the year. Crisp and Adams were great today and if they can become solid B graders by the end of the year, that would be great.
Marley Williams played his best game for ages today, was very good. Need more of it from him because before the start of last year he was our most exciting young player.

It's games like this which can really build up someone's career, the expectation and confidence in Seedsman will significantly boost his development. Star in the making.

Thought Pendlebury was surprisingly fast/agile/mobile today, especially compared to last week.
Was impressed by Adam's movement, speed and outside ability, disposal still poor
Brown was ok, Frost fantastic
Grundy just barely ok, disposals and hitouts weren't fantastic.
White Cloke worrying
Elliot surely has to be an AA candidate?
Swan good, Broomhead ok

He had Double to Hitout to Advantage then Bellchambers and had some very nice taps to Swan.

I can't stop smiling! I'm so proud and ecstatic with the way we played today. It's just a huge win and character-building for a young side like ours but I had a feeling during the week that we would surprise many people and I'm glad I wasn't wrong today.

Seedsman played one of his best games ever and was a worthy ANZAC Medal medallist. Jack Crisp continues to surprise me and I love his addition to the club. He's been an outstanding player so far. The usual suspects in Pendles, Swan and even Cloke were very solid today.

The defence was absolutely outstanding and was huge in our ability to win today's game. Carlisle and Daniher did very little today and Essendon seemed perplexed of ideas of how to counter that issue for the whole match.

The skill level is still not very good but our endeavour and tackling pressure is fantastic and makes up for that particular weakness.

Just an awesome match and one of the best I've seen since ANZAC Day last year actually! A memorable win and it will give this young group huge amount of confidence heading into the season.

Bring on the Scum now!

Wouldn’t that make us a 1 Trick Pony with the Pressure our only Weapon

That decision against Elliott in the first for hitting a Bomber player beneath the knees was absurd and goes against all the instincts of players
Agree, but it is in line with all the instincts of an umpire.
Apart from goldsacks 2 late last qtr marks, i thought he was average. So fumbly.
Hmm?
Didn't notice his rampant pressure for nearly every second of the game?
One of his best games in the last few seasons easily.

Swan good, Broomhead ok
Broomhead was barely sighted. He was one of about 4 disappointing players.

Had he been playing for us, it's entirely plausible that Cripps could have done some sort of job on Watson. However, in his absence, our own Crisp did a fairly comprehensive nullification of Watson today.

Just got off a flight to LA. Turned on data roaming just to see the scores... WOW WOW cant wait to see the reply.

Just got off a flight to LA. Turned on data roaming just to see the scores... WOW WOW cant wait to see the reply.
Did a flight to and fro in November 2013 and June 2014. I brought the wife back and stayed. I have no idea how people stand flights that long. You are one tough magoo!

I always love the players more who prove me wrong and Crisp my man, you did it.t

When he kicked that goal, I lost it. I am so happy for the lad. He is best 22 at Collingwood, can take, big bodied mid and can also hit the score board. Well done!

Thought Varcoe's effort was outstanding as well.

I am so proud of the boys, not that we won but the way we played. The pressure and effort is all we can ask for from this young group and they have delivered in all four games.

We will be inconsistent due to inexperience and lose games we are expected to win but that is normal with young teams. I just want people to remember that this young group is something we should be excited about as well as patient with now. 2010 is gone, that era is finished and we should forget about it and stop comparing.

We have Moore, Freeman, Shaz and De goey all coming through and are all top 10 picks. Greenwood, Reid and Sidebottom to come back in. This is some exciting s**t.

Bring on the Blues! It will be a tough game because historically Mick gets his boys up for big game and now that the game is about him, he will do everything in his power to get them up for it. Expect a fired up Carlton on Friday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back