Analysis Pies made mistakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the harry hindsights who have predicted Reid's bad year was going to happen. In the four previous seasons he played 21 24 20 and 22 games respectively. Rumours of him being injury prone are grossly overstated. He had a few issues as a skinny first and second year player but up until 2014 has been very reliable.

21/25 24/25 20/25 22/23

He still always gets a quad injury or something like that. In 2011 he even played 2 games injured.

Nothing there suggests he was going to miss an entire season. Can you refer me to your post back in Frebruary when you predicted it?

Never said Reid was going to get injured for a whole season but the fact is he is prone to niggling injury's and they've hurt as at times.

Never said Reid was going to get injured for a whole season but the fact is he is prone to niggling injury's and they've hurt as at times.

Prone to niggling injuries and likely to miss a season are two differnt things. He has proven to be pretty durable in the previous four years and capable of overcoming niggles.

Unless your predicted it you are just using hindsight to make your analysis.

Prone to niggling injuries and likely to miss a season are two differnt things. He has proven to be pretty durable in the previous four years and capable of overcoming niggles.

Unless your predicted it you are just using hindsight to make your analysis.
Reid's only other poor injur was the quad in 2012 which recurred, however they found an exercise for it and it has never recurred

Speak for yourself sport.
What are these mistakes that in total cost us a flag - given the ravages of age, cost us TAZ,BJ,Jolly,Leon, Krakouer,Didak.
Please make a case of how Bucks could have won a flag without these guys, or conversely why you feel he could have won a flag despite their age.

Most experts have said that Buckley has arrogantly dismantled a premiership team so that he put his own mark on it. In doing this, he has inflicted all the mistakes which have been detailed in this thread. Most people in the forum and most experts will tell you that it has cost us a premiership. That's why people are upset with him. It's not just that he took over from a winning coach or that we dont like him much, it's also because of the bad decisions he has made....

Most experts have said that Buckley has arrogantly dismantled a premiership team so that he put his own mark on it. In doing this, he has inflicted all the mistakes which have been detailed in this thread. Most people in the forum and most experts will tell you that it has cost us a premiership. That's why people are upset with him. It's not just that he took over from a winning coach or that we dont like him much, it's also because of the bad decisions he has made....

I love the throw away line "most experts" hahahaha. Dude the premiership was almost 5 years ago, that's half a career, that time is long gone, it's a different team all together, if you don't think it should be I can't help you with your lack of understanding of AFL lists, compromised drafts, rule changes, and adaptation of team tactics, and injuries.

I love the throw away line "most experts" hahahaha. Dude the premiership was almost 5 years ago, that's half a career, that time is long gone, it's a different team all together, if you don't think it should be I can't help you with your lack of understanding of AFL lists, compromised drafts, rule changes, and adaptation of team tactics, and injuries.

Well if I have a lack of understanding in these areas, then half the forum does too...... so is that the case? I'm not the only one here who has been saying that Buckley caused us to miss out on premierships...

Apart from DERMIE - who are "most experts".
Please give me a list - It will be very very small.
I suspect you'll baulk because the exaggerated comment above is just not credible or true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if I have a lack of understanding in these areas, then half the forum does too...... so is that the case? I'm not the only one here who has been saying that Buckley caused us to miss out on premierships...

VERY TRUE -
Why dont you start a poll: "Have the changes made by Bucks Cost us a Premiership",

Last edited:

Surely you have reached your quota by now?

Apart from DERMIE - who are "most experts".
Please give me a list - It will be very very small.
I suspect you'll baulk because the exaggerated comment above is just not credible or true.

Well the list will be bigger than the list of people who think Buckley will win us a premiership. Both you and I have been in this forum for last few months.....since we started losing games....and you would have to agree with me that most people in the forum are saying that Buckley probably cost us a premiership and will never win a premiership for us. As for the media experts, I cant name names because I dont listen to their opinions very much. However, I know there are many that have the same opinion.

Can't you see that we need to cut our losses and find someone experienced like most of the people here are saying?

Totally agree with you here. Buckley showed the door to a very very good player and good coaches shouldnt do that. It's a bit like Josh Kennedy and Ben McGlynn leaving Hawthorn to go to Sydney but they are nowhere near the champion player that Dawsie is. I doubt either of them would get on the Hawthorn list these days. However, if they had have turned out half decent players then I'm sure that Clarko would have put his hand up and taken responsibility for the screw up.....

This is the problem with Buckley. He's so frigging arrogant that he thinks he's right even when the evidence says otherwise....
If you want to look at mistakes, look no further than Geelong. Garry Ablett snr (arguably the greatest player of all time) wanted to retire and what did the club do to keep him? Absolutely nothing, they just let him walk! And who have they replaced him with? Hawkins, Mooney etc. Players that are nowhere near as good as Ablett in his prime.

Fast forward a few years and Garry Ablett jnr gets offered big bucks to go to the Gold Coast. What did Geelong do to keep him? Absolutely nothing. He just strolled out the door and since then all they have done is vainly try to replace him with inferior players. Total player mismanagement.

When are clubs going to learn that you can't build a successful side if you just let players make their own decisions about retiring and changing teams.

If you want to look at mistakes, look no further than Geelong. Garry Ablett snr (arguably the greatest player of all time) wanted to retire and what did the club do to keep him? Absolutely nothing, they just let him walk! And who have they replaced him with? Hawkins, Mooney etc. Players that are nowhere near as good as Ablett in his prime.

Fast forward a few years and Garry Ablett jnr gets offered big bucks to go to the Gold Coast. What did Geelong do to keep him? Absolutely nothing. He just strolled out the door and since then all they have done is vainly try to replace him with inferior players. Total player mismanagement.

When are clubs going to learn that you can't build a successful side if you just let players make their own decisions about retiring and changing teams.

You make a good point. I would put your examples in with the Hawthorn ones. I wouldnt blame the coach for the players going in both those cases. It's different with the Collingwood situation because Buckley basically told Dawes to walk....and the other players who retired etc, were just not willing to stay around and play under Buckley. There was just a large section of the players who Buckley couldn't make play for him, like they did with Malthouse. So these guys left and found other clubs or retired. There's something missing in the Buckley persona. He was being interviewed on the ABC and he said why do people keep asking him whether he misses playing footy or whether he has problems communicating with players - he said no one asks the other coaches that.....well it's because he's different to other people. He's just a perfectionist. Other coaches aren't perfectionist like him. His standards are just too high. The players wont play for him.

Ben who? Oh, you mean Mr Glass? Yeah, you're right he's been great.

I'd be interested to see what your opinion would be if we had traded 'Mr Glass' away.

Something tells me you'd be suggesting it was a horrible mistake and that we would be better with him than some young kid or a pick.

Well the list will be bigger than the list of people who think Buckley will win us a premiership. Both you and I have been in this forum for last few months.....since we started losing games....and you would have to agree with me that most people in the forum are saying that Buckley probably cost us a premiership and will never win a premiership for us. As for the media experts, I cant name names because I dont listen to their opinions very much. However, I know there are many that have the same opinion.

Can't you see that we need to cut our losses and find someone experienced like most of the people here are saying?

You said " most experts" say Bucks cost as a flag. But not only can't you name one, but also now admit the statement was false because you "dont listen to their opinions".
You are looking very foolish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back