Point of Difference Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the point of the POD discussion is you're always taking a risk with any player and if you think you can justify that risk vs reward then do it.

For mine I have Macrae only because it's his second year and i'm expecting him to massively improve his average from last season. He proved last year he could get 20+ possessions and score around the 80-100 mark and if he can do that consistently that's good enough for me.

Western Bulldogs have a tough month first up. Just saying

(Only know cause i looked at Macrae after two hundreds in NAB matches.

Just a thought... Bachar Houli
Averages 22 disposals at 81% efficiency, and you would assume that martin, cotchin, deledio will get the tag over him, and if he is allowed to roam off half back and through the midfield he could average 90-100
I have him currently at D4

G'day fella's.... Not sure where to post this thread or even if you guys even talked about Hunter at all. I, like many of you, am currently playing SC. SC takes a fair chunk from our lives, so looking for P.O.D's could be stressful for some. I am looking for a P.O.D in the forward line for my SC team.
Currently my midfield is strong, so because of this I only have $287,900 left in the bank. L.Hunter is currently at $284,700. By all reports, he's had a good pre-season.

What I want to is.... How do you guys feel about Hunter? Is he a vest candidate? Will he improve from last season? Do you think he will become a regular week in, week out starter?

I posted this in the Western Bulldogs board as well, just want to know most peoples thoughts on him.

Your opinions is greatly appreciated.

G'day fella's.... Not sure where to post this thread or even if you guys even talked about Hunter at all. I, like many of you, am currently playing SC. SC takes a fair chunk from our lives, so looking for P.O.D's could be stressful for some. I am looking for a P.O.D in the forward line for my SC team.
Currently my midfield is strong, so because of this I only have $287,900 left in the bank. L.Hunter is currently at $284,700. By all reports, he's had a good pre-season.

What I want to is.... How do you guys feel about Hunter? Is he a vest candidate? Will he improve from last season? Do you think he will become a regular week in, week out starter?

I posted this in the Western Bulldogs board as well, just want to know most peoples thoughts on him.

Your opinions is greatly appreciated.
I really really like him. He impressed me greatly last year. I had him in my team a few times over the preseason, but hard to take him over Higgins at that price. Stuff POD's - they are so over-rated it is not funny. Unless your POD is a superpremo like Jelwood, Griffen or SJ, they are a POD for a reason. No point, for example, taking Hunter as a POD over Higgins and then scoring 65-70 every week while everyone else is getting 75-80 out of Hunter. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really really like him. He impressed me greatly last year. I had him in my team a few times over the preseason, but hard to take him over Higgins at that price. Stuff POD's - they are so over-rated it is not funny. Unless your POD is a superpremo like Jelwood, Griffen or SJ, they are a POD for a reason. No point, for example, taking Hunter as a POD over Higgins and then scoring 65-70 every week while everyone else is getting 75-80 out of Hunter. :)

Makes sense...I totally agree. BTW...do you mean getting 75-80 out of Higgins?

Do you need to sign up to Supercoach Gold to find the % of selection?

I currently have Liam Shiel, Treloar, D. Swallow, Gray, Higgins. Most of the others are pretty stock I'd imagine.

yes you do, or someone nicer than me with more time will tell you.

my tip - spend the $20

i have noticed so many ppl have almost the same players, not many pod. after a few rounds of trading these teams will likely to be almost identical. maybe this year it is worhwhile to take more risks... or maybe i am paying more attention to the sc forum this year :p

i have noticed so many ppl have almost the same players, not many pod. after a few rounds of trading these teams will likely to be almost identical. maybe this year it is worhwhile to take more risks... or maybe i am paying more attention to the sc forum this year :p

Probably the latter, the structures within teams will vary between forum to forum with even greater variance in the outside world.

Shiels in for me, the hawks were running full squads in the NAB cup and he still killed it. I reckon it will be his break out year !!!
See:

Atley, S.
Karnezis, P.
Watts, J.

See:

Atley, S.
Karnezis, P.
Watts, J.
Unlike all three, Shiels has actually shown he is capable of averaging 90+, which he did in 2011. Since then, he has been subjected to the tagging roll at the Hawks in which I highly doubt he will be doing this year. Still very young (22) and on the improve which has been evident in a basically full strength Hawthorn team during the pre-season games. I'm not selecting him but I completely understand why people would.

Unlike all three, Shiels has actually shown he is capable of averaging 90+, which he did in 2011. Since then, he has been subjected to the tagging roll at the Hawks in which I highly doubt he will be doing this year. Still very young (22) and on the improve which has been evident in a basically full strength Hawthorn team during the pre-season games. I'm not selecting him but I completely understand why people would.
He's only 22?? I honestly thought he was at least 26 o_O He's a good player, I just don't think he'll be a good SC pick. I also wasn't comparing him to any of the 3 players, I think he'll end up better than all of them, it was more the fact of people considering someone they don't know much about on the back of a very good preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back