barmy44

BigFooty Guy
May 14, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, England Test Team, Sturt
i am developing a real soft spot for this team...

cannot believe how overlooked ken hinkley was for a coaching position, he is doing wonders with them. so much young talent coming through, which is really driving their season... a popular pick for the wooden spoon pre-season, and pretty much a lock in every bottom 4 selection bar those of the most optimistic port fans.

even the much ridiculed 'kochie' appointment seems like a brilliant appointment - he speaks well, supports passionately, and wants to develop a culture at the club that has been missing for years.

so many close wins, so much heart - i hope they make the finals this year. looks likely, and they deserve it. i think there are some good years coming up for port, and the transformation has been instant.

It is a marathon but they have done well into the first bend. We didn't overlook Hinkley, he wanted to focus on the Richmond job so only applied for one of the jobs.

Great coach, rapid improvement, but they got VERY lucky today. They'll make the 8, probably go out first round, then have the challenge of backing it up next season. They've done what Adelaide did last year, albeit not quite as successful.

Nobody gave them any hope this season, they were classed as a rabble amongst the likes of Melbourne, and if I recall correctly some had Melbourne in front.

Despite being very young, despite having some list issues, despite having some ordinary players and despite not being given a chance, they've now got their finals destiny in their own hands.

And it can only be up for them too. Boak, Wingard, Wines and so on are all young guns on the way up.

This should serve a message for Carlton and every other bottom 8 side at the present. It's all about having a crack every week, never giving up, playing as a team and seeing where it takes you. Port has done that this year.

Melbourne could learn a lesson or two from them too.

Well done to Port. :thumbsu:

Carlton vs Port Adelaide will be very tough for us in round 23 if by some chance we're still a finals chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder when Port fans are finally going to start appreciating them? Their home crowds are still pretty ordinary.

Glass house to rival the reichstag.

I wonder when Port fans are finally going to start appreciating them? Their home crowds are still pretty ordinary.

Oh that's just hilarious.

If you have NFI about SA, don't make comment about it. And our crowds have grown a lot this year.

ports averaging attendances just over 22 000 this year. you cant compare to vic clubs who essentially have 2 home teams. you would have to gauge port v adelaide attendances against vic clubs playing vic clubs. which would stack up against all but the big vic club mcg blockbusters.

ill stack ports attendances v out of state side against the vic clubs average against out of state side.

and wait until we get a stadium that isnt in the boondocks as well.

ports averaging attendances just over 22 000 this year. you cant compare to vic clubs who essentially have 2 home teams. you would have to gauge port v adelaide attendances against vic clubs playing vic clubs. which would stack up against all but the big vic club mcg blockbusters.

ill stack ports attendances v out of state side against the vic clubs average against out of state side.

and wait until we get a stadium that isnt in the boondocks as well.
The smaller vic clubs would be comparable on this point, but the larger vic clubs would be substantially larger, esp Collingwood.

The smaller vic clubs would be comparable on this point, but the larger vic clubs would be substantially larger, esp Collingwood.

Hawks had 11k vs us in 2004.

Saints had similar this year on a Sat Night.

Port's crowds are far better then you realise.

lol. the smaller vic clubs are lucky to get 18000 to a game vs port or freo.

the middle range clubs average around the 20 000 - 26000 v out of state sides

and the large vic clubs get blockbuster timeslots and get some good attendances and some very good attendances.

port is basically right around the middle of the pack attendance wise, and expecting that to grow at a city oval.

Yep, like North last year, had a soft draw and made the most of it. Gutsed games out and got the points needed. Much improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back