News Port on TV thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too. Holidaying in Thailand at the moment and this thread proving invaluable

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Et tu REH? Aaaaahhhhh!!!!

0e492450_Time20Tunnel20129206-9-4.jpeg

Blackfellas say blackfella, it is accepted by them. I have family who are indigenous, and when we talk we say who is that blackfella? etc.

Blackfellas say blackfella, it is accepted by them. I have family who are indigenous, and when we talk we say who is that blackfella? etc.

And African-Americans say n****r and that would be unacceptable here.

I come from an era where the term was used in a derogatory manner toward Aboriginal people. While I accept some see it as a neutral term, and I know REH uses it in that way with his work in remote communities, I'm uncomfortable with it being bandied around here as it is quite an 'agricultural' term. It's not that hard to use Aboriginal or Indigenous if it is necessary to distinguish between races.

And there is precedence for legal action

Compare Crampton v Nugawela (84). There, Mr Nugawela, a doctor, set up a computer technology firm. Mr Crampton was associated with a rival group. He wrote a letter imputing that Mr Nugawela falsely claimed to have the support of a professional body to which they both belonged. This was not so. Mr Crampton refused to apologise and, in the course of discussions among mutual professional colleagues, referred on two or three occasions to Mr Nugawela as 'the blackfella'. Mr Nugawela gave evidence that he suffered personal distress and anguish (though no medical evidence appears to have been led about this). He was awarded $500 000 in general damages for personal distress, damage to character and reputation and by way of vindication. The plaintiff included among his grounds for claiming aggravated damages the fact that he was referred to as a 'blackfella' and the Court accepted this without hesitation.

Unfortunately due to petsonal circumstances at the moment im unable to maintain either this or the carlton thread i do. Note - i also speak for my other self....secret port fan.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks for everything you and ScretPortfan have done for us plebs. Much appreciate!

Unfortunately due to petsonal circumstances at the moment im unable to maintain either this or the carlton thread i do. Note - i also speak for my other self....secret port fan.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

+1 from me, you're a legend.

And African-Americans say n****r and that would be unacceptable here.

I come from an era where the term was used in a derogatory manner toward Aboriginal people. While I accept some see it as a neutral term, and I know REH uses it in that way with his work in remote communities, I'm uncomfortable with it being bandied around here as it is quite an 'agricultural' term. It's not that hard to use Aboriginal or Indigenous if it is necessary to distinguish between races.

And there is precedence for legal action

Fair enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im running very late I know but here goes

We thought we'd lost you! This is like Harold Holt turning up for a Lib Cabinet meeting on Monday morning. :eek: ;)

My access to internet is going to be very spotty over the foreseeable future. I wouldnt be surprised if i only get this stuff up on fridays amd saturdays in the future.

There not sending you to Jail for attacking Malthousenshizen are they?

Thanks for the work you've done here. It's great to have access to this stuff and you and that other bloke are much appreciated.

yesterday's Footy SA - the first 9 minutes is almost all Port.

Last week they said Rowie was joining them on the panel next week. Looks like he was a no show, wonder if the Crows being 0-3 (at the time) and Port coming off a 113 point win over Brisbane had anything to do with Rowie's absence?

Im running very late I know but here goes

Gilbert McAdam! Geez he sure looks different from the days he was picking up his brother Adrian from Nailsworth high who was a classmate of mine, they were both good blokes (very laid back), you couldn't get the ball off Adrian at lunchtime (he was too good)....ahhh memories that school is just houses now :(

Last week they said Rowie was joining them on the panel next week. Looks like he was a no show, wonder if the Crows being 0-3 (at the time) and Port coming off a 113 point win over Brisbane had anything to do with Rowie's absence?

It's taped earlier in the day before the Sunday footy show and if Rowe was to go on he had to catch a 6 o'clock flight. He said on radio mid week he had to cancel because his wife was going over for the game and she refused to go on the 6am flight. They had a 10am flight booked before he was invited onto the show. McDermott got stuck into him for letting the missus wear the pants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back