Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dame only played 17 mins tonight vs The clippers due to illness hopefully he is ok for Mavs 2moz or it will be the first game he's missed in his career.

Bottled a game vs the Bucks today when we lead by 4 with 23 seconds remaining... we are 9-13 but 0-4 in games decided by 3 or less.
Good for the Tank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat the NOP today for the 2nd time this year, why are the Pelicans so poor ? They have a good roster.

Pels have been ruined by injury this year. I wish we'd fully commit to the tank, it's only going to be a short term thing and getting a top draft pick could give us the talent boost we need.

Speaking of talent, things are starting to heat up in the trade runour department. In particular a couple of names im interested in are Nerlens Noel and Victor Oladipo. What would we need to package for either of these guys?

Pels have been ruined by injury this year. I wish we'd fully commit to the tank, it's only going to be a short term thing and getting a top draft pick could give us the talent boost we need.

Speaking of talent, things are starting to heat up in the trade runour department. In particular a couple of names im interested in are Nerlens Noel and Victor Oladipo. What would we need to package for either of these guys?

Is Oladipo something we really should be after ?

Is Oladipo something we really should be after ?

I think Oladipo would complement Dame really well. On the offensive end sure he is nowhere near the scorer that CJ is but he's been running the point for the Magic second unit and does a better job that CJ at creating offense for others. This would allow Dame to play off the ball some more. On the defensive end right now we have two below average defenders at the guard positions, and CJ is undersized. GSW OKC Spurs Cavs Bulls Clips all have one good defender at either the PG or SG position (Klay probably the worst of the bunch but he has the benefit of length). We don't have the defensive bigs to try to cover up for the defensive shortcomings of our guards and we aren't trading Dame so I'm all for selling high on CJ.

Sliding to 11-17 after a loss in Orlando, we really need an early pick as we lack talent.

I think in order to strengthen the tank we need to look at trading some of our solid role players. Ed Davis, Aminu, Plumlee and Henderson should all be on the block because they're too solid to allow us to really suck, but nowhere near good enough to make us contenders. It's an annoying position to be in because unless we cash in some assets we're going to be spending the next few years in mediocrity

I think Oladipo would complement Dame really well. On the offensive end sure he is nowhere near the scorer that CJ is but he's been running the point for the Magic second unit and does a better job that CJ at creating offense for others. This would allow Dame to play off the ball some more. On the defensive end right now we have two below average defenders at the guard positions, and CJ is undersized. GSW OKC Spurs Cavs Bulls Clips all have one good defender at either the PG or SG position (Klay probably the worst of the bunch but he has the benefit of length). We don't have the defensive bigs to try to cover up for the defensive shortcomings of our guards and we aren't trading Dame so I'm all for selling high on CJ.

I hear what your saying.

I think in order to strengthen the tank we need to look at trading some of our solid role players. Ed Davis, Aminu, Plumlee and Henderson should all be on the block because they're too solid to allow us to really suck, but nowhere near good enough to make us contenders. It's an annoying position to be in because unless we cash in some assets we're going to be spending the next few years in mediocrity

And yes I agree with you

A very valuable loss! With Minny and Sactown winning today we've moved "up" to the equal 5th worst record. The Pels are also now only 3 wins behind us. There is such a logjam of teams in potential lottery contention - Jazz Suns Nugs Wolves Kings Blazers Wiz Bucks all seperated by a game or 2. Just makes it even more crucial that the tank kicks into gear. It would be an utter disaster for us to end up with the 10th pick

A very valuable loss! With Minny and Sactown winning today we've moved "up" to the equal 5th worst record. The Pels are also now only 3 wins behind us. There is such a logjam of teams in potential lottery contention - Jazz Suns Nugs Wolves Kings Blazers Wiz Bucks all seperated by a game or 2. Just makes it even more crucial that the tank kicks into gear. It would be an utter disaster for us to end up with the 10th pick

Think the Choke job we did against the Bucks means they lead the season series over us so currently we are projected for pick 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back