Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great determination shown by the boys. Wonder if Lillard will miss any time with his thumb injury, he was passing up shots and wasn't bringing the ball up the court so it clearly was bothering him. Aminu has been such a great pickup and Plumlee has now put together 5-6 really good performances, hes a very good passer for a big man.

6 losses strung together and now we have the 5th worst record in the league...
:cool::cool:
:):):)

15_hoop_summit_simmons1_native_600.jpg

Looks good on that court...

:cool::cool:
:):):)

15_hoop_summit_simmons1_native_600.jpg

Looks good on that court...

Operation Simmons really starting to gather some momentum. Kaman has been great for the tank recently, he actually looks shot to pieces. What are the probabilities for the bottom 6 in terms of getting the number 1 pick? I doubt we can do any "better" than the 4th worst record, wonder what chance this gives us. Realistically, if we don't get the chance to draft Simmons WHO ELSE should we be looking at?

Operation Simmons really starting to gather some momentum. Kaman has been great for the tank recently, he actually looks shot to pieces. What are the probabilities for the bottom 6 in terms of getting the number 1 pick? I doubt we can do any "better" than the 4th worst record, wonder what chance this gives us. Realistically, if we don't get the chance to draft Simmons WHO ELSE should we be looking at?

The Lakers and Philly will have worse records than us but after that we are a candidate for having the worst.

The lottery really is a crap shoot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_draft_lottery#Process #trusttheprocess
Skal Labissiere is the only other guy I've heard of. Also Sabonis jnr - would be amazing to get him just cos... last I saw he was projected as a late first pick, though guys around that range can go either way at this point of the year. I suppose I should start paying attention to it soon if we keep sucking it up.
Looking at a few mocks though, there seems to only be one PG or SG listed in the top 10. Seems to be stacked with Front court players at the top end of the draft, which is good for us.

Skal Labissiere is the only other guy I've heard of. Also Sabonis jnr - would be amazing to get him just cos... last I saw he was projected as a late first pick, though guys around that range can go either way at this point of the year. I suppose I should start paying attention to it soon if we keep sucking it up.
Looking at a few mocks though, there seems to only be one PG or SG listed in the top 10. Seems to be stacked with Front court players at the top end of the draft, which is good for us.

Yeah Guards are the last thing we need...

I've had a bit of a look online at some other forums and other names which seem to be projected to be top 10 include:
- Skal Labissiere (PF, C)
- Jaylen Brown (SF)
- Brandon Ingram (SF)
- Dragan Bender (PF)
- Jamal Murray (PG, SG)

Good news is as you said that there aren't really any PGs projected to go high and most of those guys are all wings. Murray is supposedly the ideal combo guard in that he can both run the offense but also play off the ball and has good size. Will be interesting to track where these guys (and Simmons) are projected to go in relation to our pick. Another Nets win today was great to see!

Put another one down in the close loss column.
Really wanted to get that one though. Houston are the worst..

Al Farouq does some nice things - but then he puts the ball of the floor. And it's disgusting. Worst hands in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we don't end up with a top 5 pick, should we throw a big contract at Harrison Barnes? He's versatile enough to guard the 2/3/4, good outside shot and seems to be steadily improving.

Assuming we don't end up with a top 5 pick, should we throw a big contract at Harrison Barnes? He's versatile enough to guard the 2/3/4, good outside shot and seems to be steadily improving.

For me he's a Nic Batum type how much you willing to offer a player like that ? Meanwhile vs the Clippers Dame is chucking up a storm.

For me he's a Nic Batum type how much you willing to offer a player like that ? Meanwhile vs the Clippers Dame is chucking up a storm.

I think he's a little more assertive offensively than Batum in that he will take his player into the post. We just desperately need talent on the wings. Wonder who else is available this off season. We will have a truckload of cap space but so will everyone unfortunately.

I think he's a little more assertive offensively than Batum in that he will take his player into the post. We just desperately need talent on the wings. Wonder who else is available this off season. We will have a truckload of cap space but so will everyone unfortunately.

I think we will struggle to recruit through free agency ( value that is ) given we are small market.

I think we will struggle to recruit through free agency ( value that is ) given we are small market.
Absolutely, to land anyone we're going to have to overpay, but with the cap explosion and guys locked into very cap friendly deals (Aminu, Plumlee, CJ, Davis) for at least a few more years we are going to have plenty of money to throw around. Heck, arent we about 13 mil under the cap this yr? That would put us at around 50 mil and the cap is going to mid 80s next year isnt it? If we could land a top 5 pick, add a max contract caliber player and a couple more Lopez/Mathews type inspired signings, this team could be moving back up the west in no time.

Absolutely, to land anyone we're going to have to overpay, but with the cap explosion and guys locked into very cap friendly deals (Aminu, Plumlee, CJ, Davis) for at least a few more years we are going to have plenty of money to throw around. Heck, arent we about 13 mil under the cap this yr? That would put us at around 50 mil and the cap is going to mid 80s next year isnt it? If we could land a top 5 pick, add a max contract caliber player and a couple more Lopez/Mathews type inspired signings, this team could be moving back up the west in no time.

Yeah thats all very true I'm hoping we get some luck in the lottery as I think we will win about 30 games so I wonder where that places ? Probably about 5 or 6 will have worse records.

The last time we got the number 1 pick didnt we have the 6th worst record? The cynic in me says the Lakers will win the lottery. I'll be shattered if we end up with the 3rd or 4th worst record and then get the 6 or 7 pick

The last time we got the number 1 pick didnt we have the 6th worst record? The cynic in me says the Lakers will win the lottery. I'll be shattered if we end up with the 3rd or 4th worst record and then get the 6 or 7 pick

Yeah last time we got the no 1 pick was after 06-07 season we went 32-50 and B Roy one ROY... then we all now what happened at the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back