Positives and Negatives of not making the finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I also thought that Hill and Cripps also were a plus for us towards the end of the season. Both are playing like they want to be there and are adding something to the team. Missing the finals is not good, but 2015 is a great springboard for us to end up playing finals.

It's not all doom and gloom.

We finished 1 game out of the 8 and were competitive for long periods against Sydney, Fremantle, port, essendon and Richmond who all finished in the 8. Geelong were the only team this year to really get hold of us and to a lesser extent north and hawthorn

I don't think we are at the level of the top 4 but to suggest we could make finals next year isn't fairyland stuff

Which is awesome after a 7 season rebuild .... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lycett is the new Cox
Shuey the new Judd
Yeo the new Kerr
Gaff, Rosa, Masten, is the co

Nic Nat the extra bonus so we are actually better now then those years.

Smily Wink face.
(my iphone doesn't have smily face option so I'll just type it.)

Yes it does. Just add the emoji keyboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umpires will get a pat on the back from the afl...
We'll get screwed by them next year too. I swear they are being instructed when they come here not to let the home crowd affect decisions which is causing them to take it to the opposite extreme and giving us nothing but of course when we play over east there is no such instruction and so we get reamed over there too with crowd biased umpiring.

We'll get screwed by them next year too. I swear they are being instructed when they come here not to let the home crowd affect decisions which is causing them to take it to the opposite extreme and giving us nothing but of course when we play over east there is no such instruction and so we get reamed over there too with crowd biased umpiring.
What complete horse s**t.

I think this is right. Maybe they're not receiving explicit instructions, but Subi (and the West Coast crowd) have developed a certain reputation and the umps seem to be trying to work against it.

Positive is we would have masked over our issues if we had made it

11-11 isn't flash and doesn't deserve finals

It will make us hungry for next season

Only negative is the finals experience would have been great for our young players

Which is awesome after a 7 season rebuild .... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you ever coached ....clearly not

We made the top 4 three season ago ......rebuild?

You have bagged the s**t out of everyone at our club constantly including our coaches and you call yourself a fan of our club

Yeah we seem to have a good week....media arks up like after pies game, minutes after it's finished Ed is bagging the umpiring on fox footy ......then v Essendon we get screwed

Doubt it's deliberate but we get shafted on the road sometimes

I have always felt though it's cultural thing .....Vic's hate west coast ...ever since we took the cup away in 92

I was in melboure. After the grand final in 92 as I have relatives in Melbourne was like funeral ....like someone had died

Fans don't hate us per say but they hate if we get free kicks and the fox footy crew do highlight this

We also don't have any western Australian on any of the commentary teams....Dennis Cometti is from wa ....he doesn't barrack when he calls like Hudson does for Geelong. Cometti is t a west coast or dockers fan.

Brian Taylor ....whole from wa ...played in Victoria and lives there....he's Victorian essentially

We had Peter bell and Glen jackovich for a while but they have gone

Swans have Jude Bolton commentating .......crows have roos .....lions have voss....and Geelong has ling, mooney and so on ...hawks have plenty also ......

Dockers and freo have nothing

I notice when a docker or eagles player get a soft free kick the Vic's howell like 3 year olds ..........like how outrageous is that ? It's replayed 3 times ......and they bang on

Yet if we get shafted in decision ...they say ....geez bit unlucky ....no or replay or maybe one quick one......

The bias in the commentary I suspect does have influence in some quarters......I suspect umps have fox at home and read papers ....to say they are biased ......no .......influenced maybe on 50-50 calls.......no doubt about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have bagged the s**t out of everyone at our club constantly including our coaches and you call yourself a fan of our club

Did we win a premiership 4 years ago?

Stop with the mediocre s**t - you arent watching your kid play in the under 9's

Second place is for the first loser - fourth place .......... You are bragging on fourth place ???

Melbourne finished around there for ages without a premiership - they are a failure - so are we

All it means is that you get s**t draft picks.

Second place is for the first loser - fourth place .......... You are bragging on fourth place ???

Melbourne finished around there for ages without a premiership - they are a failure - so are we

No we didn't but we showed enough that our list isn't too bad but lacks one or two class midfielders

A premiership win is great, they are hard to win ...very hard to win.

Yeah we seem to have a good week....media arks up like after pies game, minutes after it's finished Ed is bagging the umpiring on fox footy ......then v Essendon we get screwed

I have always felt though it's cultural thing .....Vic's hate west coast ...ever since we took the cup away in 92

I was in melboure. After the grand final in 92 as I have relatives in Melbourne was like funeral ....like someone had died

Fans don't hate us per say but they hate if we get free kicks and the fox footy crew do highlight this

We also don't have any western Australian on any of the commentary teams....Dennis Cometti is from wa ....he doesn't barrack when he calls like Hudson does for Geelong. Cometti is t a west coast or dockers fan.

Brian Taylor ....whole from wa ...played in Victoria and lives there....he's Victorian essentially

Swans have Jude Bolton commentating .......crows have roos .....lions have voss....and Geelong has ling, mooney and so on ...hawks have plenty also ......

I notice when a docker or eagles player get a soft free kick the Vic's howell like 3 year olds ..........like how outrageous is that ? It's replayed 3 times ......and they bang on

Yet if we get shafted in decision ...they say ....geez bit unlucky ....no or replay or maybe one quick one......

The bias in the commentary I suspect does have influence in some quarters......I suspect umps have fox at home and read papers ....to say they are biased ......no .......influenced maybe on 50-50 calls.......no doubt about it
Dennis Cometti

Dennis Cometti is biased, he does it in a classy way though. Hes more WAcentric than Freo and Eaglecentric. He references WA constantly in games when eagles and dockers arent playing. Cyril Rioli will kick a goal on the run..."great goal from Cyril, his teammate Chance Bateman from Perth Football club will really be enjoying that". Okay Dennis.

I think as a supporter base we whinge way to much about umpiring. Were like little kids with chips on our shoulders.

What complete horse s**t.
That's the voice we need!:rolleyes: So you wouldn't like to ask Simpson or Lyon if they notice any difference with treatment from the afl (and media)to wa sides compared to Victorian sides? You must be in La la land if you can't see non vic teams are constantly getting shafted.(except Sydney and Gold Coast because there are dollars to be made if they get the market which just adds to the corruption) look at the port jumper fiasco or dockers skilled stadium finals rubbish or the media support getting viney off - where was it for fyfe with that bump??? MCG has the rights to GF ??? Is this afl or an extended vfl??

Last edited:
That's the voice we need!:rolleyes: So you wouldn't like to ask Simpson or Lyon if they notice any difference with treatment from the afl (and media)to wa sides compared to Victorian sides? You must be in La la land if you can't see non vic teams are constantly getting shafted.(except Sydney and Gold Coast because there are dollars to be made if they get the market which just adds to the corruption) look at the port jumper fiasco or dockers skilled stadium finals rubbish or the media support getting viney off - where was it for fyfe with that bump??? MCG has the rights to GF ??? Is this afl or an extended vfl??

*Gets popcorn

TBH I don't think there was much difference between Fifth and Thirteenth just injuries and luck on the day might have separated this bunch of teams.

The top four were standouts.

Dennis Cometti

Dennis Cometti is biased, he does it in a classy way though. Hes more WAcentric than Freo and Eaglecentric. He references WA constantly in games when eagles and dockers arent playing. Cyril Rioli will kick a goal on the run..."great goal from Cyril, his teammate Chance Bateman from Perth Football club will really be enjoying that". Okay Dennis.

I think as a supporter base we whinge way to much about umpiring. Were like little kids with chips on our shoulders.

He barracks for Melbourne actually

Ricky Bobby board.

I've bagged the s**t out of you too... and for the same reason. Underperformance and mediocrity.

Dave if you're not aware that we embarked on the task of a rebuild, particularly of our midfield, since the end of 2007 then I really can't help you.

If you aren't able to understand that the last blip of the "old group" got us a couple of ultimately meaningless finals appearances then I can't help you.

So it seems I can't help you.

That said, this notion that being a fan (or in my case a note holder/foundation member) means you must just clap politely and consistently focus on silver linings is errant nonsense. And in my experience is the area occupied by those with narrow minds and not much given to critical thinking.

Seriously? It's post season and you reckon "it's the umpires fault"? Really?

Does anyone doubt that the Top 5 sides on the ladder this year are actually the Top 5 sides? I suspect not.

Point being, that the best teams always end up on top. Umpiring is one of those things to get excited about in the heat of the moment but the notion that there is a deliberate bias that somehow fixes games or whatever is the talk of a blithering idiot.

You need to either grow up or choose another recreational activity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back